5/27/07 Rudest Comment about Your Minis

258 posts in this topic

I'm so on your wavelength re: the digital stuff, Elsbeth.

I've never had any really rude comments, but a couple months ago my husband slipped up and said in reference to one of my dollhouses, "That's the only one of your houses I like .... (Pause. Deer-in-headlghts expression) Errr, uh-uh-uh, I mean, of all your houses, that one's my favorite!"

(Me: crossed arms, raised eyebrow) "Valiant effort trying to dig your @$$ out of that hole, sweetheart."

He builds models so he has no room to talk. I love his cars and regular stock vehicles. Really don't like anything military. For Christmas I conveniently give him any 1/12 model cars I can find. One day I'm going to "borrow" a couple to park in front of my houses, HA!

1 person likes this

3 hours ago, KellyA said:

For Christmas I conveniently give him any 1/12 model cars I can find. One day I'm going to "borrow" a couple to park in front of my houses, HA!

I do this too!:giggle: All my houses will be inhabited by rich people because he only wants the Porsche ones.:rolleyes:

2 people like this

1 hour ago, Samusa said:

I do this too!:giggle: All my houses will be inhabited by rich people because he only wants the Porsche ones.:rolleyes:

That's the problem isn't it? I run into that issue too but more of a problem for me are the years of the cars. He's got a '57 Chevy, '59 Cadillac, '64 Mustang, etc., etc., I don't know what all.

I got him this 1:12th scale kit a couple years ago and he just recently got started on it. He's about 1/3 of the way through and has appropriated a good chunk of my workspace. At least it's an older model. I could make the landlady of my 1930s apartment building Cruella de Vil, but then I'd need a hundred and one tiny Dalmatians.

1937 Cord.jpg

4 people like this

Some years ago I used to keep the 3 dollhouses I had built as of then on stands in corners of my living room. My husband didn't like them being there. To him dollhouses didn't belong in the living room. He said - why don't I put them in the basement where they belonged. 

1 person likes this

4 minutes ago, grazhina said:

.... He said - why don't I put them in the basement where they belonged. 

And you are still married? :headhurts:

1 person likes this

2 hours ago, grazhina said:

Some years ago I used to keep the 3 dollhouses I had built as of then on stands in corners of my living room. My husband didn't like them being there. To him dollhouses didn't belong in the living room. He said - why don't I put them in the basement where they belonged. 

OUCH!

2 hours ago, KathieB said:

And you are still married? :headhurts:

LOL

A few weeks ago he told me that I should smack him with a flyswatter when he says something annoying. A few days later I saw a display of oversized flyswatters so I bought one, hung it in my pantry, and have  wacked him with it several times since then.:clap: Yesterday when he made a stupid remark I chased him through the kitchen with an icepack . I caught him, pulled up his shirt and pressed the pack firmly against his back. He can't run as fast as he used to.:carrot:

2 people like this

It sounds like no one taught your husband that closed mouths gather no feet.

2 people like this