The Cost of a Gallon of Gas

beachpeach

I have no idea, I just pay. I won't put regular in mah ride. Chevron is the only fuel I use. I have to have a car, and I want to keep mine running well. So I pay, My last fill from 3/8 of a tank was 40 bucks. Don't want to pay, get a bike. I would, but the roads around here are death traps.

It was $3.29/gal when we were out yesterday. We use our Safeway club card and get a .10 cent per gallon discount which has been greatly appreciated lately.

Deb

It was $3.29/gal when we were out yesterday. We use our Safeway club card and get a .10 cent per gallon discount which has been greatly appreciated lately.

Deb

Two grocery stores that I frequent have gas coupons. If you spend like $50-75 on your order, you get a 10 cent off per gallon coupon at participating gas stations.

Every penny counts!

$3.59 here, as the local station owners have agreed to always charge the highest price. In the Big Burg, gas runs about 10 cents/gal. cheaper, and that includes the one full-serve station, so I try to fill up there when I can but I won't do a 50 mile r/t just for gas.

I live in the middle of nowhere, I have to drive, my car doesn't get the best mileage but it's paid for and has comparatively low mileage plus 4WD, so I try to just sign the charge slip without looking at the price.

So... I never fill our car up with gas, that is my DH's job, so I don't know the exact price down to the penny. However, I do know it has been up to almost $4 a gallon where I live. It is cheaper in other areas of the state though.

At the store on the corner it's 3.29. There are a few places around that are always a few cents higher though. At the two stations out on the highway between here and the plant, gas is usually at least 10 cents higher than in town. The Dillon's stores here run the discount program though. For every $100 you spend you get a 10 cent discount. If they're going to give me the discount I'll spend as many of my grocery dollars there as I can! They're not any higher priced on most things than Wal-Mart and it's a much more pleasant shopping experience!

Kathy

$2.84 for regular, $2.96 for mid grade and $3.06 for the high test.

Do they still have full service available? I haven't seen one in years. What ever happened to the gas wars?

The prices around here went down a little. It's now $3.02, all I have to say is thank goodness for the fuel perks from the grocery store. DH went and used our perks card and filled up my truck :groucho: .

well, it looks like Chicago is still coming in with the highest prices. i filled up tuesday and the cheapest i've found was $3.69 a gallon for regular and that's in the burbs. they haven't gone up but they haven't dropped either.

$2.84 for regular, $2.96 for mid grade and $3.06 for the high test.

Do they still have full service available? I haven't seen one in years. What ever happened to the gas wars?

New Jersey is mandatory full-service only. You are not allowed to pump your own gas here! But it's cheaper than neighboring states. Go figure.

When I filled up last Wednesday it was around $2.87 per gallon for regular.

My son was playing with some toy cars the other day and was pretending to fill one with gas. "Mommy," he said, "this car is filling up with regular cash."

I busted up laughing so hard he covered his ears. When I go to the gas station, I always tell the attendant the grade and method of payment - "Fill it up with regular, cash".