Remember Memorial Day

Hallowell

My father has passed away on April 5 of this year. He served in the Korean War. Our church had a beautiful Memorial Service that included a gun salute and honoring veterans. We also recognized our current military families serving at home and abroad. It was very moving service since they read all the names of people who have passed this year. A wreath was placed at the Revolutionary War Monument by a young man who just returned from 3 tours in Iraq. I agree we need to remember and honor those who have passed.

it's important to remember those that have passed and sacrificed their lives so that we remain free. and regardless of the political climate, remember those that are Still putting their lives on the line everyday, so that we can continue to enjoy the freedoms that we have.

Thanks Greg, we are truly blessed to live in a great country. The sacrifice of the men and women in service should not be ignored.

Every time I watch the movie, "Sands of Iwo Jima", my heart skips a beat when the flag is raised on Mt. Suribachi. I cried at a parade where members of each war were represented. From the Revolutionary War to the present war in Iraq, I'm so proud to live in this country and I salute all members of the military.