10/22/05 What scale

Minis On The Edge

What scale do you work in most often?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. What scale do you work in most often?

• 1" Scale
    • 1/2" Scale
    • 1/4" Scale
    • 144" Scale

This is a question that has come up several times in the past two weeks (While talking with the Greenleaf owners too). What scale do you work in most ofter. If you only work in 1" scale, do you think you would try 1/2" scale if the Victorianna was re-released? What greenleaf house done in 1/2" scale would make you "try" working in that scale?

I have been wanting very much to downsize to 1:24 scale and have two Fairfield kits I want to bash together. As soon as I can I want to order the Fantasy Villa from you, Tracy :) And I'd like very much to try the Victorianna. If Greenleaf would bring out 1:24 scale versions of all their kits I'd find room somehow, & donate all the 1:12 scale kits to every school in our county!

My next venture into 1:24 scale will be to try scaling down my dolls.

BTW here's a link to James Carrington's newest dolls

http://www.jamescarringtondolls.com/

So far I have only worked on the 1" scale. However, have a Fantasy Villa -- thought I might try it just to see whether or not I liked it. However, if they would bring the Victorianna back, would definitely purchase one. One thing though, aren't they much harder to put together/finish because of the size of the parts???

Debbie

uuuuuuugggggg I dont have a favorite scale....and if I had to choose one it would be 1/144th scale. mostly because of the challenge.

since I have a victorianna I would not buy another one but I would buy another half scale kit.....

I love all the scales and the diversity of things out there to make and play with.

now how helpful was I??

rofl

nutti :)

This is kind of a hard question....I feel that the original Greenleaf houses aren't quite 1/12 scale, are they? Someone somewhere (maybe webshots?) described their house as 1/12 on the outside, but 1/14 on the inside? Something like that...

But I would love to venture out into new dimensions, so to speak! I have worked with 1/2 and 1/4 scales, but not much. If finances improve (we are currently unemployed) :) I would love to try the Victorianna! I have always wanted to do another house named Forever Autumn, and that one would be perfect for what I had in mind. :lol: I would also like if Greenleaf would make a 1/144 scale Pierce, like they have with the Garfield, and have had my eye on the Queen Anne Mansion kit for a while now!

I've only worked in 1" scale so far. I like the idea of doing 1/2" scale - more stuff in less space... but I've been hessitant to try it . You can get an inexpensive 1" kit but the 1/2" ones I've seen have all been very fancy and reflect that in thier price - they're beatuiful! No doubt about that!! But I'm not convinced I can really get something in 1/2" to look like I want it to.

David - aka Mr. Clumsy

I do primarily 1 inch scale, but that's just because one that was 1/2 scale hasn't yet caught my eye too well. Now, the little 1/4 scale Greenleaf kits, that's another story and those things are VERY addictive!

If I had to choose "one" -- and only one -- Greenleaf house that I would want to see done in 1/2 scale, I would choose the Arthur. The Fairfield and the Victoriana are fairly large, but a nice sized 1/2 scale Arthur would be good for those who don't want all those rooms. The 1/12 scale Arthur was very easy to put together and had lots of wonderful possibilities, so I think a 1/2 scale Arthur would be great.

I love 1 inch scale, so I guess I am a diehard because most of the items I create for myself and my business are one inch. However, I have branched out into the other smaller micro scales and love it! Believe it or not, the train scales are smaller then the miniature micro scales, and challenging but fun to work in. I am thinking of branching into 1/4 inch, because of the realistic kits out there that are available.

I strongly prefer half-scale. Greenleaf designs have lured me into dabbling more in 1:12 than I meant to, but this isn't a habit I can continue for any length of time. There's just no space!

Despite being pretty much tempted by all 1:24, I'm not that taken with the Victorianna but wouldn't mind trying one of the really BIG houses in a smaller scale. Willowcrest! There's the ticket! Or Beacon Hill. In the smaller size, I'd rather do a house that doesn't go around a corner, due to getting hands into small spaces.

Two Christmases ago I received a set of Avon resin furniture from my grandmother. It's roughly halfscale and I just had to get a house to go with it! That's when I started the Fairfield, which had just been rereleased. It was my first forray into smaller scales and I got hooked! It's great from a space perspective... I just don't have the room for multiple 1" houses (I'm already pushing my luck!)

I would definitely build a Victoriana if it were rereleased. Other Greenleaf houses I'd like to see in half scale are the Beacon Hill and the Brookwood.

I have only done 1" so far, but I think I would like to try 1/2" sometime. Knowing me I would probably want to start pretty small with a very simple kit that looks really good when completed. Something like a farmhouse.

I work mostly in 1" scale. I do have a Fairfield, and I would definitely buy the Victorianna if and when it is released.

If I would start now, I would start in 1/2" scale. I guess the only reason I'm sticking to 1" scale is that I still have about 8 kits to finish. :D

• 1 year later...

I make a lot of the miniatures I have. I have so much trouble makeing small boxes and other things that belong in a kitchen and bathe. I don't plan on trying anything small. The small things that other people do is fantisic and I think I'll leave it to them and just sit back an adminre their work. :clap:

I am working on the 1/2" Fairfield and would love a 1/2" Victorianna so I could have a street of 1/2" dollhouses! What a treat that would be! I do know that the Victorianna is a wall hanging dollhouse and that is fine with me! I am just now getting into 1/2" scale after years of insisting that all I can do is 1"....... But NOTHING and I mean NOTHING smaller than 1/2"

Wolfie

I'm such a newcomer to this stuff...I'd have to see in "real life" a 1/2 scale house to even know if I'd like it, or like to work with that scale! I've always only "known" the 1:12 scale...and the 1/4 scale Greenleaf village...which I want to re-do one day as I really didn't think of them as "houses", more as "show" (no interior decorating on the ones I have, for example).

Anyway, I've got enough 1:12 scale stuff to do right now to last me for YEARS, at the rate I'm going! :clap:

• 1 year later...

i'd love to branch out into 1/2 scale as my RL house is small :p but there isnt much out there that i like/in my price range...but i'm still hopeful of one day owning a Fairfield :yes:...its so cute and reasonably priced, just the shipping makes it unobtainable