5/31/07 What's In your Ears?

Do you or anyone in your household have an iPod? :note::note::note:

We don't have an iPod, but when I first read this question and experiencing vertigo lately, I was going to say fluid. :)

I have a Nano Ipod. DH gave it to me for Christmas. I have it loaded up (500) songs. I mostly use it when I do the treadmill or walk. It makes working out go faster. :)

Fluid! yeah, well, i'm thinking the way Peggi thinks. :)

thursday brings a fiesta of medical fun, interspersed with frolicsome work-related tasks.

Sylvie Katz is having her teeth seen to in the morning, i will get allergy shots, and also will see the ear doc to find out what is happening in my ears. the last Big Testing results were inconclusive and nobody could "measure" any hearing loss.

since then my doc and his colleague both say they can "measure" changes, and one thinks there's fluid, but the allergist says the problem is not fluid, and so ...

i just want to fix the problem if that is possible. amplifiers would be FINE with me. it seems as though i spend a lot of time saying, WHAT!? WHAT!? this makes me CRANKY.

what?

My first reaction to that subject line was "oh gosh, they found out about the jelly beans".

No iPod, but I've got an Archos that I wouldn't part with. It's the second one I've had since the first one ran out of room at 10 gigs. This one has a 20 gig hard drive and it's almost full of music. Bruce has the Archos with video and I'm not really sure what he has on it. That sounds interesting, I'll have to ask him. <pause> Star Trek. The last thing I added to mine? I think it was Queen Latifa's "Dana Owens" album, but it might have been Cowboy Troy.

Deb

i was grossing out because i read an article not long ago about a 9yr old boy that found 2 spiders in his ear! he kept complaining about hearing a popping sound.... they flushed his ear and sure enough there were 2 spiders...1 dead and the other alive and kicking! :) disgusting!

no ipod here but i recently got 3 DVD's...does that count?

Don't have an I-pod...but I do have a Mobi-Blu Cube...Bought it cause it was so darn cute!! It's about 1" square and I love the headphones that came with it...you wear the thing like a necklace....

post-251-1180610799_thumb.jpg

I have the silver one with 1GB...I'm thinking of upgrading to the 2GB Cube2 model soon...it has photo and video capabilities...

ROFL!

I was thinking earrings. I have 5 wholes on one side and 4 on the other! The 80s were a confusing time.

No I-pod here. both the girls have MP3s and wont let me touch them.

LOL I immediatly thought of my DH and DD ear wax...they have it by the sticky gallon and then there is the dog which has ear mites...ewwww...then earrings, two one ear one the other but alas it is the pod you ask about, and I do not have one but ds does have one of the huge ones and it has god only knows what on it!

My first thought and seeing this was also earrings and ear wax :note: .

I have an MP3 player that has a mish mash of songs, 80's, 90's, some new releases. And now that I sit and think about it they're all different like rock, country, techno...you name it. :) I listen to it while I'm working on my dh or after everyone goes to bed to help me wind down so I can sleep.

My shuffle has '80s selections: Talking Heads, Marillion, Tears for Fears, Weird Al. And the Shins (and some patient notes still, oops!) I use it as an external drive and when I visit a friend in the Bay Area I can type on her computer and store wav files and finished work on the Ipod.

No iPod here, either; DH got himself an MP3 player for road trips he had to take with work; I don't think we've had it on since he retired, since his current p'up tuck had a CD player. I had some of my cloisonne fishes hanging from my ears earlier, but took them off when we got home.

a 9yr old boy that found 2 spiders in his ear!
Ah, now I wax (pardon the pun, I couldn't resist!) nostalgic. My first year with the health department as an elementary school nurse working the migrant summerschool we were doing workups for the new intern MDs to come physicals on the kids and one of the nurses called me over to check out a little girl's ear, since she had failed the hearing screening. She handed me the otoscope without a word and I asked her what was I looking for and she nearly gagged when she said, "a roach!" I couldn't belive it and took a look. Sure enough, there it was, antennae waving and stuck in the wax, so I went in with a cotton swab and snagged that nasty little sucker out and we all grossed out! I got rather blase about lice in the hair, but a roach in the ear I shall never get used to!

Well, I was going to answer this with...Long dangly earrings...but I guess that would have been wrong. No, I don't have an iPod. We bought DS one for Christmas but it was stolen by that little heathen of an ex-girlfriend of his. Not being able to afford another one was the worst. However, here is the solution I found. For about the past three years, I have been taking surveys online and collecting points. I saved up almost 15,000 points and then I went browsing through the rewards. Lo and behold, there was a little knock-off type iPod. It is a mp3 player that has all sorts of bells and whistles. So, I ordered it. It arrived yesterday, just in time to give it to DS as part of his Graduation. He was pretty happy with it.

I have a small IPod Nano that I couldn't live without - now. I thought it was a pointless thing to buy last year, but DH got it for my birthday anyway and I LOVE it. Mostly for working out. I think that's why he got it, they were all tired of being subjected to my music while I exercised! The last song I added was Alison Kraus and John Waite's - Missing You. I used to love that song and this new duet is great! Also, since slow songs like that seem to slow me down on the treadmill, I added some Ricky Martin and Kelly Clarkson the same day. Her angry music gets me moving, and I have ended up with a lot of Latin pop music on there. The tempos are great for exercise!

Speaking of which - I need to get off of here and get to it!

Traci

I have an Ipod station, here is the story. I always have a story... I got it at the goodwill "as is" a grea place for mini stuff and vintage fabric. They sell by the pound not per item, so it was about 25 cents. It was in the box and has an adaptor so works here and in europe, middle east. It works perfectly and the sound is great. Right now I can share while I am making my kids "work like slaves" reorganizing the workspaces. We have Johnny Cash now, Frank Zappa next... I like to mix it up. Last thing up loaded was David Sedaris, Dress your Family in Corderoy.

Edited by aggiemae

I bought the kid an MP3 player a few yrs ago and she hardley uses it.

I asked for it but I got nothing. but I think I would like one for walking...coz they tell me Im going to do alot of it.

nutti :banana:

I think I would like one for walking...coz they tell me Im going to do alot of it.
And biking (even if it's stationary, although riding paved trails is lots of fun & you see lots of nice stuff), swimming, and getting out to play!