Yorktown?

CindyS

While I sat and drank my coffee..I tried to find anything resembling something that had to do with Yorktown design, era, architecture, style. I found some bubble type glassware. Seems to be in the Federal period.

The only home designs i found were different houses in Yorktown Virginia that had to do with the 1700s. Not actually a design, just having to do with the declaration of independence.

Sorry, I couldnt help any further.

You've found the "Yorktown" Houseworks windows and doors, I take it?

Those are Colonial/Federal era -- good for houses from the 1760s or so through about 1830, and then again for "Colonial Revival" houses that show up from the 1920s onward. So think Georgian... think Queen Anne furniture... but don't think Victorian.

Of the GL/CC houses... if the windows and doors are the right size, they'd be excellent in a Willow, but that's about it. You could make an argument for putting them in a Laurel. With most other candidates, you'd be putting Federal windows in a Victorian house. Real-life people did that to update their Victorian homes to Colonial Revival in the 1920s, so that would be terrifically authentic if your house is to be set in the 1920s or later but off-key if it's intended to be completely Victorian.

Thank you so much for the info. I actually got them for the RGT 'First Lady', but I may reconsider.

Once again, Ladies, you have amazed me. I thoroughly enjoy reading all of the posts. You are all a wealth of info and creativity.

I have almost completed the Victorian, except for some minor things like door knobs and trim. I also need to do something with the ceiling where the grommets came through the floor. Please check it out. I am also trying to decide on the bathroom. I am not sure if I should use the room above the kitchen as a full bath or a sitting room. Or use the little addition in the master bedroom. You can't see it very well but I have a little hip bath in there. Please check it out. Any suggestions or comments are appreciated.

I am now currently working on the Willowcrest. This is a treat, I really like the tab and slot assembly.

Thanks again,

Cindy