Back to work, rehabbing my Washington!!

uppitycats

And I'm SO happy!! :banana: Finally got rid of one house guest....a lovely woman, but VERY demanding. Her husband is still here, but he and my husband are "doing guy stuff" most of the day, not involving me, and so my time is FREE now...

well, for the most part! :banana: Still gotta do a couple of meal preparations here and there... But the guys really like going to our neighborhood pub (think "Cheers", or a "real-life Brimble's Public House"...) so even that is at a minimum.

Which means, Ms. Washington and I are conspiring together!! Spent some time getting rid of all the crayon marks from her previous owner (clear Goop worked well), and now am ripping out baseboard (which was put on before any sort of wall treatment whatever, except for maybe a primer coat. I'm going to strip off everything I don't want...then ask Greenleaf for a set of instructions so I know what SHOULD have been there, and where...

and then decide how to proceed from there. Also going to tackle a corner of the ugly painted hearths (the hearths themselves are nice..just a rotten paint job) and see how easy it might be to strip off the paint.

I really think she's going to be pleased with what I have in mind for her. She's been neglected for so long, she's just enjoying the attention right now, but I'm showing her Shaker style and Mission style furnishings and she's perking up... :banana:

She MAY end up being a library. Lots of nice walls there, and I can see some comfy chairs around the fireplace, for folks to sit and read....

Is it bad that all that sounds like fun?! I completely stripped my first dollhouse because I was only 17 when I decorated it. I did not do a great job. It was so satisfying to redo. Of course, I am painting the exterior again right now.

Also going to tackle a corner of the ugly painted hearths (the hearths themselves are nice..just a rotten paint job) and see how easy it might be to strip off the paint.
If you're showing it Mission furniture you can prime them a grout color and go with spackle or paperclay bricks or stone.

If you're showing it Mission furniture you can prime them a grout color and go with spackle or paperclay bricks or stone.

Yes, that was what I was thinking, too. I'm still going to experiment with the paint removal because I figure since I'm going to cover it with spackle or something, it won't matter if it doesn't turn out well...but if it does, that's good information for the NEXT time! :groucho: