Miniatures Helped My Personal Life

Maybe this is not the forum for this kind of topic but I wanted to share this experience with others anyways.

Me and my father have had a very strained relationship since the beginnng and he has never really acknowledged or shown any kind of pride towards me, ever. He is a hard and stern person that has never seen much value in anything. He is highly critical and has lived alone most of his life because of his hard ways. It had been a long time since he had come over to my house for a visit but he passed by last night. I didnt bother to tell him anything about my miniatures because I always concluded that he wouldnt care. I had always shown my father many other things in my life that he has dismissed or out right criticized for lack of perfection.

When my father walked into my living room and saw the Pierce he was floored. This is the first time in all of my life that I saw my father amazed at something. He asked me where did I get something so amazing and I told him I made it! I was bursting inside with pride. He just stood there, unable to speak, just staring at it. He told me he couldnt believe that I had made that. He just couldnt believe it. I told him I did and then I showed him my other houses. He actually went upstairs to my bedrooms! My father would never have gone up there no matter what I would have told him was up there but he did, willingly to see all of my houses. When he saw the Beacon Hill he looked at it and then looked at me and told me that that was the most beautiful thing he had ever seen in his life. He told me he had never seen anything like it before and to know that I had made it with my own hands from scratch was something he just couldnt believe and be amazed about. He told me my house was like a museum of beautiful things and that he had to start bringing people over to see them because it was a shame they were in here without many people to awe over them. All through his visit, he just talked about the dollhouses. I felt like he finally respected me for the first time because he saw what I could accomplish.

Ive been crying all night since then. Ive never felt more proud in my entire life. I thought I would never be admired by my father but he admires something about me now. :ohyeah:

Gina -

Your story has brought tears to my eyes. It is so beautiful to hear that you and your dad have connected through your miniature hobby. I'm so happy for you (and your dad as he has surely been missing out on getting to know you better).

Hugs

-Susanne

Isn't life wonderful...you never know what will happen from one day to the next. I loved your story, reminded me of when my dad saw my Garfield for the first time...he was speachless. He passed away only 2 months later. Cherish what you have with your dad.

Maybe this is not the forum for this kind of topic but I wanted to share this experience with others anyways.
Absolutely this is the correct forum to share such a wonderful validation of yourself as a person who has touched another person with an appreciation of the inner beauty that lives inside you; and what a true miracle that it was your own father! Big {{{hugs}}} for you, Gina!

Wow what an incredible story! I am really happy for you. Your story brought tears to my eyes too. I am so glad that your father has been able to see that you have a great talent. It's really great that your mini world has helped you in the real world. I agree with Wenlaine, your father probably didn't know how to show his feelings. Many people have difficulty opening themselves up to others. I am really touched by your story and I hope that you and your father will be able to create a closer bond. Take care and lots of luck to you. Thanks for sharing your story.

Gina, that's just beautiful! I'm in need of the kleenex box too because it definitely made me a little misty-eyed. It's wonderful that your relationship with your dad has reached a turning point, especially when it's because he values something that means so much to you. That's just golden.

Deb

Gina, it's as though a light finally shines between you and your father.

some people just don't seem able to praise their children, or to praise their spouses, for whatever the reason. my grandfather was like that, and it can be really tough to handle.

i'm so very glad that your father was able to say what he was feeling and thinking.

wow, how 'bout that!!

and he actually said it to YOU.

how absolutely wonderful for both of you!!

thank you for telling us about you and your father and your new bond. that is a beautiful thing.

many happy cyberhugs to you! :congrats:

your story is heartwarming! got me all teary here too. itsn't it amazing what the power of mini's can do? since he's shown such an interest perhaps there's a father/daughter project in your future? wouldn't that be fantastic to have something that you both worked on together! congratulations on your new connection and keep us posted!

and he actually said it to YOU.
I think that is the thing that Moved me to tears! Sometimes we hear that "nice" things were said but we never get to hear it straight from that person. What a wonderful turning point.

Gina - how heartwarming! Your dad has found his voice, and all his love and pride can now be heard. Imagine having all that bottled inside you so deeply, so tightly held in, and imagine the relief when it was finally shocked loose. I'm very happy for you, and for your dad. It's never too late to reach out - what a wonderful event.

Thank you for sharing such a touching story. Hopefully this will be a beginning in a much better relationship with your Dad.

That is wonderful Gina! So glad you can connect with your dad. (Hugs)

I too have a father like that. I took my Primrose to him so that he could help me install the door. Was amazing to sit across from him at the table and have him help me. My sister hadn't been that interested until she saw what I had done as well. (You put all those shingles on one by one?) :wave: