6/10/07 Our Summer Adventure

We thought it would be fun to start a New story up. I'll start it off and you all can add to it. It will be something like our "One Dark & Stormy Night" Story:

I decided to never work on my dollhouse again! The electric decided to not work after I spent hours installing it. I put up wallpaper and when I woke up the next morning, I to discovered it had fallen down (Though it looks like it has been pulled down :ohyeah: ) but no one could have done this. It's summertime and I get the house mostly to myself in the summertime.

I stained the floors and added a clear varnish on it only to come back into the room and find small finger prints all over the floor (They look like shoe prints but that is impossible since I don't beleive in the incredible shrinking man!! "This house just does not like me." I decided. I picked it up to throw it down the stairs :) . When I lift the house, I am totally shocked right out of my mind :) ! There hiding under the house is one woman and 2 children the size of a "real" human finger! I look at my table to be sure that I was NOT drinking any of the "Apple Pucker juice" from Teresa. "These are little people!!" I think outloud.

The small lady who is scared and trembling shouts "Please don't be upset with us" Some people call us "Borrowers" others call us "Littles" but we are the Tiny's"...............

Your turn :cucumber:

and we've been looking for the perfect place to live." Not being used to having houses with electricity, my children started playing with the pretty blue and pink tape before I could stop them. Also, about the foot prints, since we just found this house, we did not realize that the floor was still wet.

Oh, please can you put the house back and let us live here? We'll do anything to help you out, like....

...redoing the floors and rehanging the paper. We can pound those big brass stakes into the tapewire, ANYTHING! Only please let us stay.

I asked them how they came to be out in the big world like this, and how they had picked my partially finished dh to want to live in, and the little woman began to shed quiet, tiny tears as she told me a story that at times curled my hair. It started out that she and the children were

starting a new life after being caught in hurricane Katrina. She and her family stayed with friends in Texas but the house just could not handle any more tiny people. They hid in a truck and traveled to a new place to live, any place. They ended up in Wisconsin and found the perfect little house. They only had to fix it up a bit to make it livable. The family did not realize it was new construction....

The little woman dropped a curtsy and said in her tiny voice, "If you please ma'am, my name is Mrs. Twinkles and these are my children Tina and Tommy. We're ever so tired and your lovely house is so beautiful we thought we'd stop here and rest for just a bit. If you'll let us sleep here tonight, we can take you on a wonderful adventure with us. You see, we're elves and have the magic power to shrink you to our size. If you would like to travel with us on a great adventure, go and select three things that you would like to take with you. You can only bring three things so choose them carefully."

Well, what could I do except to agree to go on a magical journey with the Twinkles. After thinking for a bit, I decided on the three things I needed to take with me. They were......

chocolate, chocolate and chocolate. (Sorry I just couldn't resist) :ohyeah::)

After pondering the situation and confering with the Twinkle'sI brought along a bottle of glue, a threaded needle and green apple pucker. Explaining to Mrs. Twinkle that if times got to rough, the green apple pucker would cheer us up immensely. With doubt in her voice she replied

"Well, I can see that we'll need glue so that we can stick together during our journey.

And since elvish magic is a secret, we'll have to have a needle and thread so the cat doesn't get let out of the bag.

What we'll be needing Green Apple Pucker for is beyond me, though! I've brought plenty of wee drams for the children and me at bedtime, and we'll be happy to share.

Missus, I think that instead you should bring along the Tiny Twinkle favorite. It's a

Chocolate bar! (I couldn't resist, either!)

Pencil. We can "spell" it so that whatever you draw with it will bec ome real.

I picked up the new pencil I'd just sharpened and suddenly I felt a sharp lurch and suddenly an allover sensation of squeezing and at the same time Mrs Twinkles, Tina and Tommy began to grow! It took just an instant to realize I was shrinking, because the rest of the things around me were growing, too. I was very glad I had had my hands on the side of the table and I pulled myself up as the squeezing sensation subsided and Mrs Twinkles helped pull me onto the table and up to a standing position.

Just as suddenly I felt a stretching sensation and we were

being lifted into the air by a big cat. Being terrified that he would mistake us for a rat, we all started screaming. One of the children managed to climbed up our backs and next to the cat's ear and whispered

Bibbadee Bobadee Boo... Opps we should not have whispered that in this cats ear because that is a cue for him to start his long hike to the Greenleaf factory. This Cat has been trained for many long Months by Linda & Jimmy.

And here we were without all those big shopping bags we were going to hide in our cleaning pails. However, the bibbedy-bobadee-boo spell is the most powerful in the world and before any of us could say "we forgot our cleaning pails with the shopping bags!" the cat was carrying us into the Greenleaf factory.

"Look, Mrs Twinkles!" I exclaimed, "here are enough houses for every elf in the whole world!" Her eyes glowed and she wore a grin from ear to ear and she said,

"Oh my stars!!" What beautiful houses! Would it really be possible for all our elf friends and families to have homes of their own???" She grabbed hands with Tina and Tommy and they danced around in a circle of delight. Suddenly, she stopped and turned to cat and said, "Chloe!! Our elf friends are going to need rides to get to their new homes. I hear that you live with lots and lots of others cats. Would your cat friends be willing to give rides to Greenleaf for all the elves?" Chloe nodded understandingly and left immediately to tell the cats of their mission.

As Chloe left, it occured to me that we were without a ride back home! "Mrs. Twinkles!! We're stuck here at Greenleaf with no way back home! What are we going to do now and how are you going to get these houses back with the elves? And who is going to build the houses for your friends? It's easy for humans to build them, because to us, they're miniature. But to you elves, it's major construction!"

Mrs. Twinkles got a knowing gleam in her eye and said, "I think that there are more humans like you who would help us build them. All we need to do is...............

put on a massive media campaign to let all your mini-making friends know of our need!"

I thought about this. "It's a good idea," I said, "but I have no idea where to begin."

Mrs Twinkles was distracted at that moment as both Tina and Tommy had been exploring the factory and had jumped onto a stack of passing plywood sheets that were even now passing onto the belt that fed them through the die-stamper for the Orchid sheet # 6.

"Help!" she screamed, but we were too small for the busy people tending the line to hear, or to notice two mini children less than 4" tall trying to run from the die-stampers and hop onto oncoming sheets of plywood. I was also growing hoarse from screaming and we turned to each other in desparation.

"Don't you have some more elf magic you can use?" I asked. She gasped!

"Of course!" and she

Well, at the factory, the houses were everwhere and so many were built and ready for occupancy. She wanted a Garfield and decided to wait untill the wee hours of the morning because she heard that the owners here are quite nice and she was hoping they would help. Well, after the kids were straped in for the night (Thanks to the fact that some furniture kits had been put together and there were beds for everyone), Mrs. Twinkles got in bed for the last hours of the night. Just as she was doozing off, the lights flashed, flickered and came on!

She heard a "what in the world" fall of the lips of one of the most gorgeous men on the planet. This must be Mr. Brad Pitt Dean :wave:

Well he had gained just a little weight in his midsection (Mrs. Twinkles like men with meat on there bones). She was just about to make some noise to get his attention so that she would be noticed, when all of a sudden she heard a crash and then a rumble, rumble noise and she peeped out the window of the house she was sleeping in to see him on a treadmill. He had his ipod in his ears and all the little people were all peeping and watching. Everyone was afraid to approach this gorgeous man until finally ......

the noise woke me up (I was exhausted from the stresses of Mrs Twinkles spell that had saved the children from a closer relationship with the Orchid) and ASA I saw Dean I ran over and tugged with all my might to unplug the treadmill. Dean took off his Ipod and looked all around. With his expert eye for mini detail, it took him no time at all to see me jumping up & down & waving my arms next to the plug.

He picked me up very carefully and

........and said, "Who's that trip, trip, tripping across my power cord?" Perched in Mini Man's hand, I quickly explained the situation to him and introduced him to Mrs. Twinkles and her two tiny children. Mrs. Twinkles curtsied to Mini Man and said, "Oh sir, I think I know who you are! I have cousins at the North Pole who tell stories of your kindness and generosity. It's truly an honor to meet you." Mini Man laid a finger aside of his nose and giving a nod, handed Mrs Twinkles a rose. "Dear Mrs. Twinkles, we shall not mention any connection to the North Pole, however I am sympathetic to your plight. Let's see what we can do to help you."

From behind the treadmill, Mini Man produced a small red wagon and invited the little people to hop in. "Let me give you a tour of the factory and then we'll take a look to see how many houses we already have built that are ready for occupancy."

As they toured the factory, Mrs Twinkles had an idea. "Mr Mini Man", she said, "I think I know what we elves can do to repay your kindness to us. We can..............

become your building inspectors, and also give input on which designs work better for different settings. Also, since we can actually live in the houses, we can clean and also help design furniture sets that will fit perfectly.

After careful consideration, MiniMan decided

to give it a try.

Meanwhile there was the question of Mrs Twinkle and her children, and some of the other little elves who needed places to live immediately, either because they had young children or aged, infirm family members who needed to come in out of the rain & sun and away from hungry cats & dogs.

I said, "There are a lot of people on the Greenleaf forum who have houses already built, maybe they would like to have elf families live in them full-time to keep them clean and tidy. And think of the dimensions of reality the elfin magic would impart to these houses!"

"Yes!" said Dean, his eyes glazing over. "Just think what a wowser of a marketing feature this could be! Living dolls for the dhs."

Then Tommy piped up, "But just how would you do all this? Matching our people up with houses and putting out the word? Lots & lots of your big 'uns don't believe in us, you know."

We all stood there looking at each other until someone got a "bright idea" look and said,

between Tracy, Linda, Holly, Margaret, Peggi, Deb, and Darrell and Melissa, who all believe in magic, it's a start for some of you. They will also spread the word.

Ms. Twinkle asked very shyly if she could live in one of Holly's, because she loves sea shells and had heard that she used them as bathroom fixtures and decorated with them.

She also thought she had the perfect family in mind for

Deb's samurai house, since they were Japanese elves and ninjitsu, at that.

"Just make sure they don't nick any of her woodwork with their shirokin or burn down her real house with the hibachi or forget to get rid of any leftover sashimi," I warned.

Mrs Twinkle just laughed and laughed; "We use our elf magic to make the things in the dh real," she said between giggles and snickers, "Deb will never know anyone is there unless she looks."

"Especially if they're all ninjas," we all agreed.

Then I remembered that some of the forum members don't like little people to live in their houses, and some have expressed fear of dolls, and I wondered how our little friends would deal with that. Mrs Twinkle said,

Pish tosh, that's simple enough! The people who don't believe in us will just pretend that we're not there.

Human Beans see us and don't believe their own eyes. they say that they're seeing things because of all that Pucker that they drink. They do that all the time, just like that Human Bean did when she saw Pod Clock the borrower.

At any rate, we aren't dolls! We're wee magical ninjitsu fair folk. We'll know if we're not wanted and we'll just move, during the wee hours. :groucho:

Now then, which house would you like me to inspect first? I have my hard hat, my clipboard and for my first visit i'd very much like to go to ...

...........see the Glencrofts. I'm crazy about Tudor styles and the Glencroft is my favorite. Oh, and we just got a message from the Faeries. They said they'd like to know about living in McKinleys. Since the faeries can fly, it's not a problem is the houses are mounted on the walls."

By this time, some of the other elves and faeries were beginning to arrive at the factory. In fact, there was a long line stretched out by the front door and into the parking lot. Some of the elves were looking tired and hungry after their long trip, so the guys in the shipping department ran to Krispy Kreme and got donuts for everyone. The whole crowd cheered them when they returned, and ballads were written to proclaim their greatness.

After everyone had eaten their fill of donuts and washed up, a loud rumbling sound was heard coming from the west. It sounded as if there was a large number of cars and trucks approaching the factory. Someone pointed to the sky and yelled, "Look! There's a blimp in the air!!" Mrs Twinkles said, "Never mind the blimp! Look down the road!! Oh my stars, I've never seen such a sight in my life!" We all looked down the road and to our delight and amazement, we saw..........

a great caravan of cars, SUVs, busses, taxicabs (including three pedicabs), several ATVs and a couple of tanks, a camel caravan and a couple of taxi-ing private planes as the members of the GL forum, reading this thread, were coming from all over North America (and from all over the world, as well) to find out which families of wee folk wanted to live in their dhs.

"This could take a while," said Dean.

"That's OK," said Mrs Twinkle, "you can