need prayers for my nephew

Peachie

my nephew was born sat. morning.....he is a little early.....he has been in NiCU since birth....he has a breathing problem.....went to see him today and they worked with for a over a hour....just got news a few minutes ago he has a hole in his lung....could you keep him in your prayers

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh Peachie, you poor dear. So sorry to hear about your nephew and of course we shall keep him in our prayers along with you and your family.

Yes, of course, the little dear along with you and your family will be in out prayers. How early was he? I sincerely hope all will be ok with the little guy. Big hug to you.

Sandy

Babies born really early may have what's called a ductus arteriosus which is an opening between the pulmonary vein & artery and increases blood volume in the heart & lungs, making it very hard work for the baby to breath. There are several non-invasive tretments to be tried before they'd do it surgically, but it is very treatable, and all of you are in my prayers; so that the warm {{{hugs}}} you feel are God passing mine on to you.

Peachie, I am keeping you and your family in my thoughts and prayers...try not to worry too much...the doctors and nurses in the NCIU are angels here on earth and miracles do happen...Be strong and hope for the best.

I'm so sorry to hear this! I will add him to my prayers. Does he have a name yet?

My son was in the NICU at first and it was really scary, but he wasn't premature Thank God. I agree with Irene... those NICU nurses and doctors are angels on earth! I'm sure he is in excellent hands.

Oh Peach...I feel for you and your family. I will be praying for the little sweetie. I hope he will recover quickly.

{{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}}}} Keep us posted...we love you :blink:

Peachie....you know my hugs are for u and good thoughts for our little man. Izzy was also in NICU for a bit. Remember as I said, three weeks premature has incredibly good results!!!

The staff in there are the best in the world, and even if things seem to not be going right, they will know what to do.

I know you have your hands full with the girls as well, you are doing what you can to support your family in this very stressful time and that makes you a very important part of the team to allow the little man to get stronger.

:blink:

Peachie, take some strength from our staunch support - I'm thinking of you and the little guy, and sending healing vibes your way.

My nephew was also born premature - three months early. Although there were many tense and anxious times, I'm happy to report that he will be turning twenty next month!

Don't worry too much - it will all work out. :blink:

Baby Dylan was put on the resperator this morning.....his lungs have not fully developed....so he will remain in the hospital for 3+ weeks.....but the dr. did say he was a fighter.....the family wants to thank you for the prayers........

Thank goodness our hospitals have the doctors and technology to help in these medical crises. The respirator will breathe for him, and he will have the chance to develop as if he were still in the womb. It is scary to see such a wee one hooked up to tubes - I know, I've been there - but it is a miracle that these things are possible. Hugs to you and your family.