Who wants to be me today??

heidiiiii

I have a list as long as my arm today and tomorrow.....

-Rent steam cleaner at Home Depot

-Steam clean carpets in house for next week (do today)

-Go to city hall to pay car taxes

-Drive to DMV to pay registration

-Go to staples to make copies

-Go to P.O. to mail packages and buy new stamps

-Go to the bank (need $50 bills for grad cards)

-Find a shrug to go with Natalie`s graduation dress

-Go shoe shopping with both girls (HELP ME!!!)

-Buy Fred a Father`s day gift...(i know I should be mean and forget but not in my nature)

-Buy a wedding gift for this weekend

-Hogtie Chelsea and take her to get an outfit for her graduation

-Make hair and eyebrow appts for the girls

-Take Dh`s suit to the dry cleaners

-Ummmm...drink a 5th of tequilla??

-Oh! Pantyhose!

-Call my Mil...(I dont wannaaaaaaaa!)

-Call Natalie`s friends mom..(girl is staying with us next Wed-Friday so she doesnt miss the last 2 days of school..her bus doesnt run cause her towns school district will be out of school).

That is just my list for today and tomorrow! Plus I am knee deep in mini mode. I have been working on the E.Row roof and you know how it is when you get into mini mode...dont stop the train or it might let you off!

(Natalliiiiieee! You are gonna be late for school!!!!)

Okay, so who wants to morph into me? Just for today?

Ugh! :wave:

I invite you to show your list...I showed you mine now you show me yours!

Edit: Dangit! Pay for and pick up Chelsea`s yearbook. I know you say she could do it, but she is taking finals now and she doesnt even see the teacher who is selling them...so ole mom to the rescue..again.

-Oh! Pick up supplies for after graduation party for chelsea (I dont know where they are taking the kids but they gave us a list.)

I have a list as long as my arm today and tomorrow.....

-Rent steam cleaner at Home Depot

-Steam clean carpets in house for next week (do today)

-Go to city hall to pay car taxes

-Drive to DMV to pay registration

-Go to staples to make copies

-Go to P.O. to mail packages and buy new stamps

-Go to the bank (need $50 bills for grad cards)

-Find a shrug to go with Natalie`s graduation dress

-Go shoe shopping with both girls (HELP ME!!!)

-Buy Fred a Father`s day gift...(i know I should be mean and forget but not in my nature)

-Buy a wedding gift for this weekend

-Hogtie Chelsea and take her to get an outfit for her graduation

-Make hair and eyebrow appts for the girls

-Take Dh`s suit to the dry cleaners

-Ummmm...drink a 5th of tequilla??

-Oh! Pantyhose!

-Call my Mil...(I dont wannaaaaaaaa!)

-Call Natalie`s friends mom..(girl is staying with us next Wed-Friday so she doesnt miss the last 2 days of school..her bus doesnt run cause her towns school district will be out of school).

Okay, so who wants to morph into me? Just for today?

mmmmmm, I'll trade ya. I'm only doing one thing today. I'm having gall bladder surgery in a couple of hours.

Kathy

so who wants to morph into me? Just for today?
What on earth for!?
I invite you to show your list
OK, In a little while we're going in to Tallahassee to the bank to try to pay off DS#3's mortgage (banks are generally poops, first they give you a runaround to lend you money to buy a house, and then it's like squeezing blood from a stone to get them to let you pay the loan off because they don't want to lose all that interest).

Then we have to stop at the grocery store for a couple of things and come home.

Then I have to finish wigging some dolls.

Somewhere in all that activity I have to fix lunch and figure out what to cook for supper.

Last but not least I have to stitch some more of Grayson's sampler.

If I'm very good DH might take me shopping to Valdosta or to Albany, GA, tomorrow.

Well Heidi, I'm not trading places with you for today, for sure. But I started early, was up at 5am. After coffee, went out and did the gardening until 8:30a (pulling weeds). Had a shower, made sandwiches for lunch, got a load of laundry in and that's it. Mini-ing for the rest of the day!

Actually I should be house cleaning, my son and his family arrive tomorrow at noon but I'm already too sore.

Ohh, I did manage to make two little dressers for the baby/little girl's room last night. I'm not sure which one goes the best with the rest of the set. Almost finished a diaper pail and then on to a rocking chair as nutti suggested.

No time for housework!!

Kathy, good luck with your surgery and I hope you're up and about before too long.

Heidi, major guilt here, though you did not include the task you are doing for me. If it is any comfort I am very busy today doing a long list of "must do" tasks... though not nearly as many as you have!

Your list is way longer then mine, so you can happily keep it :thumb:. Besides just normal round the house cleaning, I have to wash windows :wave: , finish filling out forms for school next year (both kids are going to be going to a cyber charter school), then drag out the sewing machine and fix some curtains for my LR that I got at goodwill.

Heidi, I take it you are feeling better. At least I hope so with that long list. Mine is pretty short today but yesterday was long. I got up had breakfast and went for a walk. Doing some laundry and need to go to the bank. Put something in the crockpot for dinner tonight. Then I have to go meet a new possible client for next fall and then my last tutoring session of this school year (until my summer ones start). Then come home around 7:30 for dinner with DH. Sorry I'm not willing to trade. I'm still recovering from yesterday.

Oh Agnes, No guilt..I had to go to Staples anyway. Chelsea made a poster for Natalie in art class and I had to have it printed.. And the Emerson Row instructions are on their way (all mailed).

Carrie, feeling better just a bit but I have to push threw really. With two graduations next week there are alot of things that have to be done. I will worry about the consequences on my body later.

Scratch off dry cleaners, taxes, DMV, P.O., bank, and salon appointments!

Waiting for a callback from the kids mom...Fred said I dont have to get a wedding gift (they have been together for 12 yrs and dont want anyone to bring anything),and a lil grocery shopping.

Now i rest for a lil while then start cleaning the carpet and couches in the livingroom!

I cant wait till all of this is over. Graduations are costing me a mint!

Heidi, it may be a lil late but I'll happily trade with you....I don't have much to do today, just laundry and getting trash ready for Eric to take out, but I've got KILLER cramps and they are making me quite the grumpapotamus.....

Kathy, I hope your surgery went quickly and painlessly, and wishing you a speedy recovery!

Hmmmm ... Heidi's day ... Kathy's day ... Heidi's day ... Kathy's day

No contest .. I'll take Heidi's day!

Kathy, hope the surgery went swiftly and your surgeon's hands were blessed.

I just talked to Kathy and everything went well. Gall bladder surgery is a one day procedure now, so she's on the way home from the hospital. Her plans included a bowl of soup, fluffy pillows on the couch, and pain pills.

Heidi, did you get your to-do list all done?

Deb

I don't know how you mums do it. Do you ever get time for yourselves?

My day began when I woke up around 10 A.M. (I seldom wake before 9:30 - I'm a deep sleeper).

I got up and fed the cats (Ray got home from work around 6 A.M. and was in bed when I got up - Missymew greets him at the door - I sleep).

Then I made coffee and sat out in the back yard and watched the birds and my cats.

Came in and read my book for about an hour, Postman arrived and gave me some parcels (mostly minis), but a book that Deb had recommended), so I switched books and read my new one for another hour.

Now here's where I did some actual work: I went downstairs to put one of my new minis in a scene I'm working on and noticed the laundry basket was quite full. So I sorted and put in a load of laundry.

Then I got in the mood to re-arrange some of my stored miniature supplies. Ray got up and I heated him some chili for dinner. I made him up a lunch for tonight's shift, and saw him off to work.

I then logged onto the computer. A cheque had come in the mail today, so I went to the bank and deposited the cheque and then stopped at the Post Office to pick up another parcel: a really cute 1:12 miniature cat puzzle that I'd ordered from Swan House Miniatures.

That's it .... I'm done.

The cats are enjoying the backyard, I'll call them in in about half an hour. I'll have a bath and curl up with my book and later a horror dvd. I love watching horror shows at night when I'm alone. Nothing scares me!!!

Anyway, Heidiiiii you amaze me.

Ooops, one more thing I might empty the dishwasher. Ray cleaned up after I fed him dinner. If I forget, he'll empty it in the morning.

-Susanne

Hmmm.

Up at 4:30a.

Sleep 10 mins through first cup of coffee.

Sleep 10 mins through second cup of coffee.

Feed cats and drink third cup of coffee.

Go put on my workout clothes.

Go do stretches, sit ups and weights.

Go in kitchen and drink about 1 inch of juice (juicy juice punch).

Go back in the room, put the little boom box on the bed and turn on the music.

Get on the exercise bike for one mile.

Get on the treadmill for 40 mins.

Get off the treadmill, put it back up, put the bike in front of it. Turn off the music.

Back to the kitchen for a 32 ounce cup of water. Drink water, check emails, check forum.

Get in the shower, get out. Figure out what I want to wear for the day.

Go drive to work.

Do miscellaneous letters, legal research, settlement proposal letter, two separation agreements.

Figure out how to do a motion to enforce a court order already in effect, but not a contempt motion, and modify the current order. Hmmm. Are there laws on that?

20 telephone calls taken since coming in to work. Only halfway done.

Start drafting a motion for contempt and motion to terminate or suspend visitation.

Meet with boss to discuss work.

Go to lunch, actually to wal-mart because I oops and grabbed two white pairs of shoes instead of one white and one black. Some really cute high heeled sandals. Great for slacks and skirts.

Back to work, meet with client's wacko wife and her very loud and obnoxious friend who has no business even in it.

Field a telephone call from a client who has had 2 years to straighten out life and get custody back of kid and can't do it.

Miscellaneous emails to and from client that I drafted settlement letter and separation agreement (please tell me I don't have to do all 10 of those deeds and the qdros).

10 more telephone calls, various things.

1 more telephone call from a client that says he has paid his retainer in the other office and now what does he do.

Take another phone call from an angry client who says boss told her she would have her paperwork in 3 days, that was 3 weeks ago. Go to the black hole known as boss' desk and look for the paperwork. Start drafting a complaint for child custody, child support, post separation support and alimony, equitable distribution and sequestration, motion for injunctive relief, and motion for interim distribution.

Take phone call from out of county attorney's office about a ticket they oops on and there is an FTA and client is about to lose license which means they lose job.

Go downstairs and make coffee to stay awake.

Meet with client regarding motion to enforce current order and motion to modify. Make mental note to go to courthouse and review file.

Take 5 more phone calls.

Pack files to go to other office in the morn (we now have two offices, and I usually go to the other office on Thursdays).

Drive home.

Feed cats.

Wait for Jimmy to get home, go out to dinner.

Listen to Jimmy snore.

Do two loads of laundry.

Clean litter boxes.

Unload dishwasher.

Set up coffee maker.

Drink 32 ounce cup of water.

I might go to bed soon. Might not.

Missymew, Can I be you for a day? Can we have a "be Missymew for a day" contest? You did not mention chocolate in you post, but if you also had chocolate today...

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I can sleep late in the summer, but it would mean giving up the part of the day I can keep for myself. This is my dilemma.

Missymew, Can I be you for a day? Can we have a "be Missymew for a day" contest? You did not mention chocolate in you post, but if you also had chocolate today...

Tomorrow is the last day of school. I can sleep late in the summer, but it would mean giving up the part of the day I can keep for myself. This is my dilemma.

I think the honor of Misseymew for the day should go to Heidi, Kathy and Linda first! They sound like they could use it! My day is in between extremes right now, closer to Misseymew's thankfully. But, I have my "Heidi days" as well. Luckily, not too often!

Hope everyone's tomorrow is easier, and includes chocolate!

Hope you are recouperating quickly, Kathy!

Traci

Kathy, we're all glad the surgery has come and gone, and hope you're feeling better soon!

of the days offered so far, i think mine resembles Linda's most, most of the time. those are days when the brain is in a blender, and pureed.

i want the one where i get to be Trinity and can hang out with Missymew and Susanne.

so, where do i sign up?

:wave:

I don't want Heidi's or Linda's days, thats for sure. My day wasn't as jammed packed as theirs, but it was stressful.

I got up late and had to rush around to get customers work done so I could get out to do some major grocery shopping, we ran out of everything this week-end. So we decided to go to Walmart to get some food and some other thing we need all in one stop. Go to the recycling place to drop off stuff and to the import car shop to order apart for his car. Everything was moving right along nice and smooth until we were turning into the import car lot and my car coughed and shut off. Totally dead! He couldn't find anything wrong, so we let it sit for a while to cool off and tried it again and it started, so back home we head because it was getting to be rush hour traffic time and I was getting nervous about getting stuck in traffic and the car quitting. Made it almost all the way home and it quit again. This time I was in the middle of an intersection,and couldn't keep it running. I started to panic, people were blowing horns at me. DH doesn't drive very much due to a disability and never anywhere there is traffic, he hasn't driven in traffic in 7 years, but he saw how flustered I was, and jumped out of the passenger side, and came running around to my side of the car, I crawled in the back seat, and he got the thing to coast enough to drift down hill and somehow get it started again. We limped the car home and it quit again just as he turned into the driveway. After we both calmed down, he started to look for what was wrong, he looked and poked around with all kinds of car tester things for about an hour and nothing registered wrong. Finally he found a small hose that had gotten hot and collapsed and made the car shut off. 4 hours of aggravation because of a hose that took 5 minutes to fix! We've been talking about getting a new car for a while and I think we're going to have to start looking seriously now. I don't feel comfortable about this one now.

I never got to buy any groceries,maybe tomorrow will be better and we can try again.

Kathy, Here is wishes for a speedy recovery!!!

Jen, the montly beast has hit me also so I am dealing with THAT too.

I want MissyMews life..the mom and the cat! ROFL

Uhhhh Linda, I love ya but umm that sounds just about as bad as my day was/is.

I got the carpets done yesterday. Beautiful..just beautiful. And that BAD smell that crept out after a long winter is gone.. Now I have to bring the machine back to Home Depot this morning (after I clean the machine).

I didnt get everything done. I have to take them out shopping tonite. Yesterday was awful with the two girls. They both have end of the semester stuff that had to be done last night. Chelsea only has to take 1 final this time around and she had stuff to do for art class. (can you say 2 yr old temper tantrum anyone?) She had to read something for english, she had to watch the movie Basquiat for art class and discuss it at length, She had 3 pics she had to finish...There was a mini meltdown cause she couldnt find her Creative art teachers dvd of Metropolis that she borrowed...(I found it)

I`m telling ya..I had to leave the house..LOL I went out and bought myself a frosty float and sat in the car for some peace..LOL

In the light of day and my second cup of coffee..I am peaceful. Even with the MASSIVE mess in the kitchen..I am peaceful..With a 3 month old kitten that loves to get into things...I AM PEACEFUL..

Ugh!

Yesterday was interesting. Spent a good bit of the morning catching up on mail, bill paying, etc., after our trip. Afternoon spent electrifiying the houseboat. Something of a challenge; photos to follow.

Late in the afternoon I glanced up long enough to spy the tail end of a medium-sized racoon disappearing between the curtains that hide a storage area. Of course the animal control officer had gone off duty a half hour earlier. Lloyd was ready to flush it out and try to bean it with a pole, but I persuaded him to try something less likely to trash the basement as well as the crittur. I opened the basement door to the outside, sprinkled flour on the floor in front of it (so we can tell if said crittur exits voluntarily) and provided a bucket of water and a thin trail of Kellog's Frosted Flakes from the storage area to the exit door.

Haven't been downstairs yet this morning to check. I do my best to avoid surprises immediately upon arising.

Yesterday was interesting. Spent a good bit of the morning catching up on mail, bill paying, etc., after our trip. Afternoon spent electrifiying the houseboat. Something of a challenge; photos to follow.

Late in the afternoon I glanced up long enough to spy the tail end of a medium-sized racoon disappearing between the curtains that hide a storage area. Of course the animal control officer had gone off duty a half hour earlier. Lloyd was ready to flush it out ad try to bean it with a pole, but I persuaded him to try something less likely to trash the basement as well as the crittur. I opened the basement door to the outside, sprinkled flour on the floor in front of it (so we can tell if said crittur exits voluntarily) and provided a bucket of water and a thin trail of Kellog's Frosted Flakes from the storage area to the exit door.

Haven't been downstairs yet this morning to check. I do my best to avoid surprises immediately upon arising.

I got the shock of my life this morning (pre-coffee).. Baby skunk frolicking in the neighbors yard. It is either lost or mama is not far behind. Our animal control wont handle wildlife anymore. You have to pay $200 per varment with a private contractor.

No thank you! I will just stay inside until it is gone.

DH didn't inform me he had decided to make yesterday a "town" day, so once we were finished at the bank (blissfully assuming the wire transfer was going to be sent beroe 2 PM, as promised, since all the IDs had been checked & everything signed off on by both DH & the bank rep) off he goes hither & yon. It wasn't a total upset for me (although I was three hours' shorted on sleep due to really BAD inderjiggers & no zantac left in the house!), as we went to Pep Boys (for once, nothing I needed for mini supplies there; that's where I buy my chamois, BTW) and then to lunch at our favorite Baja-type eatery (no lard, all heart-healthy) and then to our favorite toy store, Harbor Freight! They had the 18" bar-clamps back on sale, so I bought two and a pack of hobby tweezers. Then we went to the local "New Age" shop and they had mini-HoTais (laughing Buddhas) for $2 each and a replacement for my favorite & now wornout bumper-sticker. Then we headed off to the local artsy-district next to the RR tracks, down behind & in back of the Amtrak station, where all the old warehouses have been converted into shops & studios & FSU's Art Department, where we found a resale shop that will let DH put DS #3's Masters of the Universe & clones collection to sell and I found the deal on the decrepit dh & Michael's hutches.

We finally got to the grocery store with my eyelids at half-staff & fading fast, so besides the breakkers food DH picked us up a foot-long deli sammich and that was supper. We got home and there was an answering machine message from someone at the CU headquarters in Jax wanting to know if the fees for the wire transfer were supposed to come from our savings account or our checking account; after all the hops DH & the bank rep at our branch had umped through to cover that aspect as well as all the other hoops & obstacles they jumped through, it was the LAST STRAW!

This AM first thing he returned the message along with an editorial. Today I worked on wigging a bit and started the first of at least three loads of laundry that have to go.