Who wants to be me today??

heidiiiii

Well that was special. At least it's over with. I had to be at the hospital at 10am and then didn't get into surgery until 1. Somebody said, (I have no clue who) the doctor took off a couple of "lesions" in addition to taking out the gall bladder and that's why it took longer. I was back in the room about 3:15. I pretty much snoozed until 5. They brought me a couple of soda crackers and some water so I could take a couple of pain pills. I really didn't think I was going to go home because I felt so bad but then they brought the supper tray. Ahhhhh, the restorative powers of a good broth. I started to feel a whole lot better so we came home.

My plans for today are limited computer time, tv downstairs on the couch and probably a nap.

Thank you all for your good wishes!!

Kathy

Kathy ... glad to hear you're doing well. Hope you continue to improve as rapidly!

PS to message #23: Went downstairs with the animal control lady. Found a nice set of footprints in the flour leading out the open door. Don't think the crittur even touched the Frosted Flakes or water, so eager was he to depart. :wave:

Animal control lady was impressed with my flour tactic and plans to share with others. I didn't point out to her that I'm about 3x her age and have had previous crittur encounters.

Haven't decided yet whether to work on the houseboat today or hie on into Columbia for a second monitor & appropriate hook-up items for the computer. I really need a second screen for working on genealogy.

... We got home and there was an answering machine message from someone at the CU headquarters in Jax wanting to know if the fees ...

Holly, I feel your pain! Makes you want to wring somebody's neck, doesn't it?

We rarely miss phone calls any more. When Lloyd and I are away from home at the same time, I set the home phone to ring on the cell.

I fought having a cell phone for a long time, but finally succumbed while Lloyd was busy driving girls to and from school in New Orleans. It was a long trip across the river, and phone contact was reassuring. The general rule was: whoever goes out takes the phone, so there would be a connection to home and a way to relay messages from girls to driver, etc.

During the Katrina storm and aftermath having a cell phone was a godsend. Cell phones were the only means of communicating with anyone from that area for a very long time. (And still the case in some sections of the city where service has not yet been restored.)

Now, it is a part of life. The charger is on a table near the front door. Whenever we leave, the phone goes with us. We don't give our the cell phone number. Friends and relatives know that they can reach us on our home number, even if we're traveling, and we don't have to call in to check messages on a machine.

I dont have "must do lists" very often (like moving my mother from NY to NJ a couple of weeks ago). I am retired and do what I want, when I want, if I want. Sometimes I go to the bank or shopping. I garden when the spirit moves me which is often. A day or two can go buy and I dont go anywhere. I do make sure the cat has food, fresh water and clean litter box twice a day. I visit my mom in the hospital the past couple of weeks. Pete (DH) does all the food shopping, empties the dishwasher, does the trash and lawn and errands. He is DH #2 and treats me like a QUEEN and I love it. Sometimes I cook or he does or we get deli food. I have "Id like to do" lists, and miracle, everthing usually gets done eventually since most of it is fun because I want to do it. When I was working life was hectic - I traveled for work about 30 - 50% of the time (the last 7 years the travel was almost all overseas) and it was tiring and nothing at home ever got done. So I am enjoying being a free woman.

I took the girls out yesterday shopping. Now I have to tell you. I thought it was going to be horrendous. But it wasnt. We had tons of fun.

I got away with spending $20 on Nat`s graduation gift. Hot topic had a thingy..Buy this band`s CD for 9.99 (paramour..originally $18.99) and get their t-shirt for 9.99 (originally $22.00) She was thrilled.

There is a dance at school tonite for Nat. Found her a shirt at Debs for $3! Got her a pair of black flats at Burlington Coat Factory for $12. Black tights to go with her dress. And found a $30 shawl for $6 at NY&Co.

Then we went to a Indian place for lunch/dinner. Then we stopped in a clothing consignment shop and the fun began. Chelsea was putting on all these *old lady* hats and a big pair of 1980s glasses and I was taking pics with my camera phone. I swear I almost had to run home and change my pants!

She found a pair of unusual dress shoes and a cool handbag for $20 for both.

Now I only have to take her shopping for an outfit, go to the high school today to pick up some paperwork, and call my MIL...Oh! and buy a Father`s day gift.

The saga continues.....

I want to clean this house top to bottom before Wednesday. I have been having problems rallying the troops to help.(i know I know, kids and dh`s should help..that is a whole other issue i dont want to get into today)

I did the diningroom yesterday.

Today is the kitchen and d.s. bathroom.

Our new livingroom set is finally arriving on Wednesday also.UGH!

Nat and I are covering pretzel rods with chocolate for her teachers to bring to school on Monday.

And it is Father`s Day.

And it is 11am and it is already 80 deg F!! I want to go to the beach instead.. but i will swelter and slave today..

hehehehe Cant wait for this graduation madness to be over...I wouldnt want to be a parent of sextuplets I tell ya that.

1 day for chelsea

2 days for natalie

I had the most exhausting day shopping with Chelsea. Lets just say if I see a clearance rack or a dressing room in the next month..I will scream at the top of my lungs.

But we are all done. All the shopping and lists are done!

Thank You Thank You Thank You!!

Doing the happy "I am done" dance with you Heidi!

Some serious counting down left then :p and then you will be able to sit back for a while I hope!!!!

Hugs

Cant wait for this graduation madness to be over...I wouldnt want to be a parent of sextuplets I tell ya that.

Hey, Heidi ... I'm glad you've moved most of the items off your list. But reconsider the sextuplet thing. You'd only have to do it all once!

That's the same reasoning I use when the washer/dryer went out and I had to schlep the dirty clothes to the laundromat. :p

Nerve wracking experiences aren't they. But so eagerly awaited. Be sure and take pictures of the graduation ceremonies. Tell both Chelsea and Nat I said Good Job and Congratulaltions.

Hey! Y'all could've happily had my sunday! I had frantic calls from a client via my cell phone, because his wife, who moved out of the house a week ago decided that she should move back in and he should move out--on father's day no less! Completely destroyed his father's day with his kids! Telephone calls flying back and forth between him, me and the PI, and my boss. I even had to cancel my first horses 101 class!

Linda -

What a Sunday you had. And you're right, I wouldn't have wanted to trade with you, nor the poor dad who was being ousted from his house on Fathers' Day.

Did everything work out okay for him?

-Susanne

wow linda, I feel sorry for him and you. Why do people have to be like that? Vindictive..she could have easily waited until Monday.

Today is Chelsea`s graduation morning. She is sleeping in but I have wake up Natalie for school in a few. Nat still have today-friday for school.

Ugh! Need more coffee. My computer is dying a slow painful death and I have no money to buy a new one. *come on baby..work with mama!* Need either some money to fall into my lap or a miracle on that one!

New to us couch and loveseat coming today (of all days) so we have to move out the old stuff and I have to clean the floors underneath.

And grrrrllll it is not a good day to have a graduation..it is humid as a #(&#)(@(*@* right now. 7am and it is already 72 deg F.

Oh grrr, I have to handwash my top for tonite and then throw in dryer on delicate..Add that to the list (after coffee)

Yesterday was Class Day at the high school. They gave out awards and scholarships to the seniors.

Chelsea received three. One from her former elementary school, one from the state, and she received a cord for english excellence to wear over her shoulders tonite at graduation. She was happy. One kid who was in ROTC received a 180k award from the Navy. Four year college scholarship! He was walking on air !

So.....I must rejuvenate today. I have to be healthy and have enough energy to get thru today and tomorrow...then I can crash!

I will take pics to share of both grads.

7am and it is already 72 deg F.
We finally got some much-needed rain last night and this AM it was still only 78 degrees and 100% humidity, but I'm sure it'll warm up when it clears later. We have finally hit our summertime temps (Friday is the summer solstice, I think) in the high 90s & low 100s. We spent Monday exploring our Ochlockonee River between US90 & US27, as far as the logjam we found two weeks ago putting in above the logjam & below the US27 bridge.

Yesterday we ran errands all day & got home to find out Wells Fargo is still being a butthead about our paying off DS's note. So today DH is going back in to town to our bank to try to explain to them in words of one syllable what needs doing, and then take DS & his action-figure collection (three HUGE boxes +) to the resale shop to set up getting them sold (probaby to a collector, they're gently used & all the parts & pieces are there).

Tonight's our canoe & kayak club meeting and the speaker is an ornithologist who specializes in wading birds.

Well, at work I'm having to deal with 3 counties that have about 200 people who need transporting to various services and guess what, the transportation providers drivers went on strike, we have people left at work, needing to go to the doctor and to the senior center and if they are not complaining about the lack of transportation, they're complaining cause they have new drivers.

Then my auditor sends a letter and gives me a list of about 50 things he needs before he walks in the door. Which only gives me about 3 weeks after the end of the fiscal year to have the books closed balance and statements out and he's telling me that if anything shows up wrong--the feds will be all over me. Gee give me a break.