Bunny picture

CatColorado

Oh I agree! Rabbits have definite personalities. One rabbit I had (his name was Honey-Sam) was very laid back, great with kids, walked/hopped on a lead, but was very particular about his food bowl. He would only eat out of a certain ceramic cat dish and it was to be placed in a specific spot in his hutch. Woe betide the unwary human who tried to feed him out of a lesser vessel because the ceramic one was in the wash. First, he would dump the food out of the offending dish, then he would try to break it by banging it on the floor. If he couldn't break it, he would proceed to throw it against the walls, making as much noise as possible until it was removed.

I hear skunks make good pets if their scent glands are removed. I've never known anyone who actually had one though. What's a skunk like as a pet?

Simone is beautiful. Is she a full sized rabbit or a dwarf?

Thanks Lyn! I believe she is a dwarf variety because she is only a third of the size of a farm rabbit. She's bigger than a Netherland though. I guess she's closest in size to a mini-lop.

Plastic slinkies? Hmm, I'll have to see if Simone would like one of those. Her favorite toy seems to be a cardboard box, any box.

Cat,

I know what you mean when you say one rabbit was very particular about his food dish. I have one that is picky about any toy that is in his cage. It is fine if he moves them around. But oh, if anyone else move something.... he would get all bent out of shape. He would have to sort everything in his cage just the way he wanted it all over again! Even if you only touched one toy!!!!!

I had another one that would pull her hair out like she was going to have babies and build a nest. So finally I put a nest box inside her cage, gathered up all her hair and some shredded towls. She was very happy after that. She would get in the box and sit and take care of her make believe babies.

Skunks are descented at the breeding farm. They are alot of fun. They are very busy and into eveything. They will eat nonstop too. Mine walked on her leash with me. She loved to jump in the bathtub and take a bath. They bite toes for some reason. They are very affectionate. But I would not advise them for someone without any knowlege about them. And they are a very big commitment.

Your bunny is adorable. You have so much to be proud of!

• 1 year later...

My parents had a brown and white skunk named 'Rosebud'. She slept in a closet all day and wandered the house all night. Then they moved up north to the woods. She was descented, but not spayed and a boy skunk (wild) started to hang around. She dug holes in the carpet by all the doors and the fireplace trying to get out. She wasn't really friendly with strangers, but loved my parents. They would let her in the garage and give her grubs out there. One day my mother opened the door to let her out there and the side door was open and she bolted. She never came back and a year later they saw a small brown skunk run accross the road in front of them. Guess she met up with her 'boyfriend'.

Aww so cute!!!!

Wish I could post a picture of him so you could see what he looks like. (Our pictures are on regular film, not digital and I don't know how to have them turned into a disc.)

Take them to Walgreen. Thats what I do. I have all my film put on disc now when I have my pictures developed. It only cost 2 bucks extra.

Bunderful!

wow, these bunners and little skunk are over-the-top CUTE and ADORABLE and hugabundles. :birthday:

the photos and stories are making me smile so much that my face is starting to feel pinched. Maybe there's some kindly computer virus? The pictures in the Avatars are smile-bringers, and then Rachel's photo, and King Zachary, and OMG, Simone is a doll baby, and that Rafa is just darling, and that little skunk in her dress :groucho: , and the woolies are so dear!!!

*whew* i feel better now. -- wait! i'm not done.

THESE PHOTOS and STORIES ARE TOO MUCH FUN!!

thanks, everyone!

Ohhhh- you all make me miss my bunnies!!! When I had my first apartment and first real job I had a black and white lop rabbit named Maomao. It was supposed to mean little panda in Chinese, but I think someone was pulling my leg when they suggested the name. It made a cute name for her anyway. She was my best friend and made a bit of a lonely time a lot easier. She and I would often share a bowl of popcorn. She was housetrained and would sleep with me. I've had other rabbits before and since, but she had a great personality. Now we have a sweet cat, but I do miss my bunny!

Thanks for sharing and reminding me of some good memories. All your pictures are adorable!

-Tiffany