New

Gramtlc

Hi! new to the doll house building. Have rehabilitated 3 different ones and I'm tired of fixing other peoples mistakes. Hope to start building one of the many kits I have collected soon. I'm hoping that this forum will help me avoid a lot of mistakes.

Whoops, should actually introduce myself. I'm Terri and I live in the central valley of California.

Terri in CA

:o Hi Terri, glad to have you with us! Good for you about building one for yourself. There is a special pleasure building one for someone else, but mine has a special meaning to me/more enjoyment now that I'm building one just "for me". You came to the right place for info/advice/inspiration!

Again, welcome! Debbie

Welcome Terri! The forum is an absolute gold mine of information and the people here are just the friendliest and most helpful that anyone could hope to find. I think that without their help, I'd be building scrap heaps instead of houses. :o With all the rehab you've done on houses, I'm sure you've seen a lot of "creative enhancements" (ie: mistakes). It must take a great deal of invention to correct some of them.

So which house among your kits are you going to start on first?

Deb

Hi Terri and welcome! :D I know what you mean about rehab . . . I've done that with my Beacon Hill (you can see it at the link below). Now I'm on to building my own and putting up with my own mistakes . . . which of course, there will be none! :o :D ;)

Can't wait to see your pictures!

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if this is going to work. I haven't figured out how to use this forum yet. I did want to thank you for such a great welcome.

Don't have any pics of the dollhouses I've done. They all went away with my grand daughter! The only pics I thought to take were of the dollhouse family that lives in the last one I did. After all, they had to have a family protrait to hang over the couch.

I'm an ardent thrift store shopper and have picked up so many kits for under $15. The Ashley, The Bobbi, Sugar Plum Cottage, Brookfield, Allison, Glencroft, Tiffany, Greenleaf Village, and The huge Cambridge. I also have the Madison kit and 2 more dollhouse to rehab. Ones an old 70's style handmade house and the other is an Arthur, I believe. What I'm doing right now is rehabbing a wall hung cabinet and making it into a shappy chic style apt. for a friend.

Thanks again for the warm welcome.

Terri in CA