Time has finally come.....

lumberjacksgurl

Today has been reasonably stable at our house. DH sandbagged all day to raise the gabian dykes.

We just had supper and he has gone to bed as he has to go to the job that pays the bills in a few hours.

We still have a few inches of water in the house that we cannot pump out. No rain so far today, but it looks like thunderstorms...........

Michelle, I do hope everything will be ok...so sorry to here about your house......I will keep you and your family and all the other families in my thoughts and prayer.....

Anybody got a sunshine dance for her?

Sunshine! Sunshine! Sunshine!

No clouds! No clouds! No clouds!

I will be thinking about you and hoping your ordeal will be over very very soon.

I hope y'all have a rowboat handy! What a mess. Keep safe, put the Izzinator's house up out of the wet before you leave, and we all hope that isn't necessary and that the water finally goes down.

Stay safe. And remember that even in the darkest hour - there is a light shining at the end of the tunnel. Think of the pretty new carpet you will be getting and there is nothing like a fresh coat of paint!! And don't forget the rest of the 'new' stuff you have to look forward to.

HI there everyone!!

Well we still have plenty of water and the river is STILL RISING :D !!!

We have about 8 inches covering the complete basement now. We had to rip ou t all the drywall yesterday. THe carpets on the second level feel damp because of the water on the level below.

I am starting to worry aobut everythink there as that is the floor we put most everythink onto. just can't win right now. I hope my Tenny is fine and the conservatory too, they are under the bunk beds on theat floor

THe BH continuse to be standing in my LR and it will go nowhere but up lol

Izzy's house is already on the top floor so it will be fine.

WE did 1000 sandbags this am at our palce. Actually they were palces at 2 neighbors in low spots where the river was starting to create eddys to our house. A huge dumptruck of sand gone in a couple house with about 15 of us working. NOw my boys are down the street doing more of them. Danny is out on the gabians passing bags a nd Alex is on dry ground filling them.

So we are still here but it comes more precarious by the hour. We have ahad a couple of heavy storms blow through adding more to the already taxed system. WIll keep u updated :unsure:

Michelle, Im so sorry to hear that the river is still rising. I hope it will end soon and the sun comes out to help dry everything.

We have a storm cloud that's stuck between a high and a low and it can't go anywhere...so it's raining itself out all over us.

I'll keep you and everyone around you in my prayers. I hope you and your family stay safe....preferably with minimal loss!

Edited by Katieface

Finally a tiny bit of good news, the river has receeded some, about 20 cubic meters per second which translates to about three inches roughly.

They hope to get back down to the latest target of 750 cm/sec by tomorrow but that is still 250 cm/sec beyong flood stage or 45 inches (100 cm/s =18 inches) and then they hope to keep it at or below that level for the next few weeks.

We are still at the mercy of rain however as the resevoir is overfull. What goes in must go out. Sandbagging is still going on to reinforce all the dykes to hopefully make them last the duration of this event which will likely be another 5 weeks.

My house smells like chlorine...I do have an indoor pool these days you know :D Chlorine pucks should hopefully keep the mould down.

Cheers everyone!