New to Forum

Clayseed

Hello everyone,

Nice to be here. Have had this bookmarked for awhile but didn't join. I saw the posts on the Buttercup challenge and decided to join. Wish I'd been a member when the admisitrator was first asking for Buttercup kit bashers. I've done one! Actually, other than some small projects, it's the only house I've done. I made it into Nana's Gingerbread Shop, http://www.eggsr4me.com/buttercup/gngrbrdshop.html, is the link. Some of you may have seen it as I posted it somewhere a long time ago. It still isn't quite finished, due to time constraints and other life interruptions. I love it though.

Clayseed :o

Welcome to the forum Clayseed! I know you probably know this, but I have to ask, do you know that you have gingerbread men in the spaces in the front door! That is so neat! I love it! And you have a gingerbread on the light above the door too! I really love what you did with that window seat! Isn't that a neat design?

Oh my goodness, Clayseed! I love your sweet little buttercup! :lol: I love all of the little gingerbread men everywhere. It is just such a cheerfull little house! I've done one buttercup so far and plan on doing the buttercup bash in the Spring. :)

Hi and welcome Clayseed! :blink:

Your Gingerbread house is adorable! Nice job!

I'm going to be bashing a Buttercup in the near future for the spring Buttercup Bash Contest. I think you could still enter yours in?!

Hello Everyone ;) I'm new here, but as I just realized a few minutes ago, I'm an "old hand" :blink: at building Greenleaf houses.

When my now-adult children were young, I built the Greenleaf Village for Christmas one year, and mounted the houses on a board with the then "state of the art" mini lights inside each building. To me, this was the epitome of mini-building. Oh, the innocence of youth. :(

My next project, about 7 years later, was an Orchid cottage, very poorly constructed, as I used hot glue everywhere! :o But as it is my firstborn, it is still my favourite. Next came a Buttercup (now a gift shop), a Sugerplum Cottage made as a gift, and a 1/4 scale Arthur which is built but still only partly furnished. I am rapidly running out of room for 1" houses, and the little Arthur is perfect.

I know I probably swimming upstream here, but I really have come to prefer the smaller scales, and my next purchase will likely be a half-scale house. I've done some 144th scenes - fun but hard on the eyes - and even 1/4 can be dufficult when it comes to furniture, so maybe 1/2 will be where I'll settle down. Who knows, maybe someone will come up with an accepted in-between size like 1:5 just for those of us who have aging eyes and are space challenged.

I look forward to being part of this forum.

Chris S.

Your buttercup looks great!

I've put one together before, but take it from someone disorganized, label all those pieces! :blink: I would love to put another one together, along with an Orchid, for some reason my hubby loves that little cottage too. A buttercup would make a great fortune teller's shop--the one I did with paperclay I gave to my mom. Would love to do another one.