06/24/2007 What's Your Pattern?

LPCullen

As some of you know, I am addicted to collecting, LOL! I was wondering what everyone's china and crystal patterns are.

Mine are not very expensive, but are pretty. In Charlotte, I have:

China = Kayson's Golden Fantasy

Crystal = Durand/D'Arques Longchamp

The Longchamp I began collecting when Stef was a baby. I am slowly but surely collecting 12 of all in that pattern. One of the things that I have found quite funny is that I frequently see the Longchamp crystal pattern in movies--such as "Don't Say A Word". The Golden Fantasy I picked up for a very cheap price, and have a full setting for 12 thus far.

I have different stuff in Maiden.

I don't have any idea what my china pattern is called. They were my grandmothers, and about 60 years old.

Linda, those 2 plates you found in that box cleaned up real well and I have them hanging with the others in the dining room, thanks.

Send me a picture of it, Terri, and I'll try and figure it out for you. The china pattern that is.

Got crystal?

Glad to know those plates cleaned up well! They sure were pretty!

Ok I'll dig it back out and take some pictures of it.

I have glass, its just a really cheap set my mother bought for me so I'd have something to put on the table with her mothers china and silver. I dont think it really has a name.

My china was my grandmother's and according to the back of it, the pattern is "Rose Glory". She got it in the 1930's and there's still a full place setting for 8. My crystal was also grandmother's but I have no idea what the pattern is. It's cut crystal and probably about the same age as the china. Unfortunately, by the time I got it, it was down to just misc pieces like serving bowls.

I adore lead crystal and my favorite pieces are a couple of candelabra I found in an antique store. I got lucky and found an inkwell that goes with them nicely. Honestly, I don't know if they're genuine antiques or not, but I like them and that's all that matters. :flowers:

post-329-1182671698_thumb.jpg

I love finding treasures like that in antique stores. I was lucky enough to find a brass tea service and later I found a set of brass flatware. The flatware is more vintage than antique. It was produced and imported from Singapore around the Korean war era. I can't remember the name of the manufacturer, but apparently it was quite a popular gift for soldiers to send back home.

Deb

I have a set of eight Embassy China dinner plates with pale green rims with wee pink roses and a lot of Haviland serving pieces that were my grandmother's and are probably getting close to 100 years old. I also have a Limoge plate. No crystal.

No China....No Crystal....sigh!! But I do collect the Anchor Hocking Charm line...all I need are the soup bowls...every time I have run across them on E-bay, they are to rich for my budget...soup bowls must be pretty rare....Sigh again...maybe when I win the lottery....LOL!!! I also collect Glama Glass...It started quite by accident...there I was, minding my own business, when I ran across a rather unique looking tray...starting bid was 99 cents...so I thought what the heck?? I won! When the tray arrived I was very surprised at how pretty it was and I thought to myself..."hee hee hee...this has got to be a one of a kind item"...Yeah right....next thing I know, I am running across another piece....and another....currently, I have 12 different platters, 5 wine glasses, a candleholder and 2 candy dishes in the same pattern....I have never been able to find who manufactured this line, I believe it was produced late 50's/early 60's...don't know if it's worth anything...but I like it!!!

post-251-1182685157.jpg The picture doesn't do it any justice at all...It's sort of irridescent purple/gold...and the design is raised...

For our wedding, we received an old complete set (serving dishes, coffee pot and all) from a friend. I don't know what it is called, but there is a picture of it below. We also registered for more everyday china (used only in our dining room) that could go in the dishwasher. It is Lenox Swedish Rose. Of course they discontinued it right after our wedding, so it was hard for people to get it for us. I found an on-line site that sold it and we have the complete set. The stemware we picked also was discontinued long before the wedding (yes our registry was fun), so I picked the Vera Wang Duchesse on-line since a friend had ordered us some of the other ones before they were officially discontinued but then got a notice that the order couldn't be completed since they were discontinued. I had to pick something quick so she could order it for us.

Well mine aren't very expensive either but very pretty (I think)

I have the Franciscan Pink flowers pattern...very durable...can go in the dishwasher. They look pretty in my china cabinet

My pattern is to buy a new set of dishes when too many get broken. LOL So far the set of Corell I bought is holding up fine. No broken ones yet. As for crystal, I have the bistro set of glasses from the hardware store.

I do have a set of Haviland china but it's only a 4 place setting so almost never gets used.

Kathy

I love china...it must be genetic since my mother was a dishes nut. I have wedgewood "Colorado" and another Wedgewood pattern white with blue and gold rim. I have a post WWII Noritake with no name since the Noritaka plant was bombed towards the end of the war and all records were lost. I have "Orange Blossom" by Kent, also just post war Japan. I have Irish Crystal - Waterford, but I cant remember the pattern name. All of this is in a cupboard in my basement and never used. It used to be in boxes under the basement stairs, so it has made progress towards the table! I also have some odds and ends like a breakfast set for two, etc. I have to really fight from getting additional china, since in looking for stuff for my "junk store" I run across sets all the time in thrift stores. But it never sells in my store, and I have enough!!! Except for the odd plate or bowl here and there that I cant resist.

I love china also. It is the one area of collecting that my DH is OK with because it is necessary for us to have lots of kitchen and table things. This is one area where keeping a Kosher home pays off because I have:

everyday meat Franciscan- Desert Rose (these were my mothers)

everyday dairy Fiestaware all colors (I started collecting these in the 1960's at yard sales)

formal meat: Noritake- Tulane (my marriage pattern)

formal dairy: Castleton China- Alberta (thrift store find at least 100 pieces in the 1970's)

The Alberta is my favorite but is hard to find so I have mixed it with some simple Lenox pieces that are the same cream color.

I also have four other sets for passover. Franciscan Apple (also my mothers), A set of Syracuse I do not know the pattern, two sets of brightly patterned Italian stone ware, one with a red base color the other with blue.

I also have the same number of sets in Israel. My favorite being my Johnson Brothers/Woods mixed set. The same pattern by two different makers. It is like Spode India Tree but the pattern is more floral. This set has two handles cream soup cups with saucers and crescent shaped side dishes that I use for salad. It's the kind of china that makes you want to invite people over and cook for them!

We sleep in on Sundays, I need to go have coffee now...We are having a fund raising auction on ebay for our animal rescue so I am listing studd and later today DH will teach me how to dow/up load my dollhouse photos !