I was hacked !!

Corey

Two weekends ago my Ebay and email accounts were hacked. Someone went into my Ebay account and changed my name and all of my contact information to some location in Singapore. Apparently they hack Ebay and emails to get to Paypal. Ebay was wonderful about it all and after 2 hours on the phone with them we got it settled. They were not able to get into my Paypal account.

I have spent the past week changing all of our account sign ons, emails, and passwords.

Big big thanks to Dean for helping me get this account back. Dean's the man! :thumb:

My email is a different story. Gmail/google has zero support for this except to fill out a form and hope they get back to you. You have to wait 5 days of account inactivity before you can reset anything. But if your account has been hacked there may never be 5 days in a row of inactivity and therefore you can not reset it. From all the research I have done on this, and all the complaints I have read, it does not look like I will get my email account back. So, I had to create a new one.

What a giant colossal pain in the rear !!!!

I am so sorry about that! :thumb:

I just went in and my ebay account is still my ebay account and so is my paypal. As this hacking business keeps going on..it makes me want to really really get an Apple computer. I have heard (from Chelsea and others) that it is a much safer computer.

Here are happy thoughts to you and bad boils on the buttocks of the hackers!

Oh no I am sorry to heard that. This also happened to my husband and the person who did this was from Singapore too. I wonder if it was the same person. The scum bag had hacked into my husband's account and sold things in his name on ebay. The next thing my husband knew was that he recieved sellers fees for something like $250. Luckily he didn't have to pay anything and reported the incident to ebay.

A local friend of mine had this happen also, but not rerouted to Singapore, it was changed to Michigan or Ohio. Her Ebay was hacked, things were bought (expensive tools), but luckly since the culprit could not get into her paypal so the sales were cancelled. She wanted to know if you can file a police report out of state? She says it took a while on the phone to get things straightened out but luckily it was no worse than that.

Corey,

How awful! This is what scares me about the internet! I hope everything is settled now, or will be soon. It's good to know that Ebay has good procedures in place to handle this, I guess they have to deal with it a lot. Thank goodness they couldn't hack into your Paypal! Scary! Shame on Gmail, though! Google is big enough to handle this better, even for a "free" email account.

Glad to see you back!

Traci

oh Corey how horrible. That is on my top ten list of things never to experience in this world. What a mess! At least you got your Ebay account taken care of, and count your blessings Paypal was never touched. So it could have been a lot worse. But what would worry me is knowing what information of mine they have still. It is so easy these days to steal people's identities. So good luck with that. Keep us updated on how things go.

Corey -

I'm sorry to hear that this happened to you. I love my computer and do a lot of internet shopping. I love the ability to shop the world. Sometimes I grumble that my husband has too much security on our computer, but I guess it's for my own protection. Thankfully, paypal is quite safe.

-Susanne

So sorry to hear this happened to you. I will be so glad when they find a way to really punish hackers. A few can spoil things for so many.