My girlfriend`s kitchen eatery

heidiiiii

My Girlfriend`s Kitchen.

I have seen at least two of these establishments pop up in my area. You can go in there and cook for yourself and bring the food home. You pay THEM for YOU to cook? I have seen you can also pick up pre-made dinners but just the idea of me sweating in their kitchen and then paying for it.....Nah!

There is a place near me that has a rotating menu day to day and you can pick up dinner (hot or cold) and bring it home to cook dinner.

Have you or would you want to cook your own meals in a place and then bring it home?

Yes we have a cooking cottage here. They have all the ingredients ready and the nice people help me since I am a klutz in the kitchen, seriuosly.

It does cost you but they started doing single serve and servings for 2 and that is perfect for me.

Bec

My Girlfriend`s Kitchen.

I have seen at least two of these establishments pop up in my area. You can go in there and cook for yourself and bring the food home. You pay THEM for YOU to cook? I have seen you can also pick up pre-made dinners but just the idea of me sweating in their kitchen and then paying for it.....Nah!

There is a place near me that has a rotating menu day to day and you can pick up dinner (hot or cold) and bring it home to cook dinner.

Have you or would you want to cook your own meals in a place and then bring it home?

Yep, I could see myself going for this at least once a week. Wish we had one around here. I am no good in the kitchen, especially for making healthy dinners, so I could use the help.

My Girlfriend`s Kitchen.

I don't think you actually cook there. They have the ingredients all prepped and ready to go in various dishes and you go in and assemble the dishes then take them home and freeze them. You put together up to 12 different dishes that serve 4 to 6 people. That means you could have meal prep done for two weeks worth of weeknight meals in just a couple of hours. And they're decent homecooked and fairly healthy meals. I see this as a serious boon to working women everywhere. Beats fast food all to heck and back!

Kathy

Apparently this is a growing trend, we saw our first such establishments from MO on whilst on our road trip two years ago. Thank you, when I came home from work I loved to wind down & relax by cooking dinner. I still do. If I want to eat what someone else has cooked we have many wonderful restaurants to choose from.

I prefer cooking at home. I can put on the background music I like to hear and chat with my cats whiile I cook. Ray always does the clean-up afterwards. Once the meal is in the oven or on the table, my job is done. I'm also quite a fussy eater.

-Susanne

I think this is more geared to the person that cant really cook or doesnt have the time to cook. I fully read the site. You order your meal plan, come in and prep the food. Then it is in freezer containers so you can just pop them in the oven.

It is kind of like the idea of cooking for a month. You have a marathon session in your kitchen one weekend and prep and freeze the meals for a month. Then all you have to do is defrost and cook.

I dont have the energy for that! LOL Or would want to clean up the mess.

The places we saw were like regular restaurants. Heidi, your description sounds like this is in someone's private home. Anywone setting up any sort of food-related business has to jump through all sorts of hoops with the state health department, among other government entities, too.

Holly, No it is a business in a strip mall. There are two of these (not the same name) in the same town. I like to cook in my jammies so I dont think I will be trying this one...LOL

I don't mind the whole shopping part, and I suspect that Eric would far prefer to do the cooking in his own kitchen, where he knows where everything is, and has it set up just the way he likes it. Interesting idea though!

I'm all for anything that takes a woman out of the kitchen. I don't cook dinner, only once a year at Christmas, it's restaurants every night. We have done that now for almost 30 years even when the kids were little and I wouldn't have it any other way. Mind you, I still make breakfasts and lunches at home, other than Sundays, we go out for breakfast. I wouldn't mind this idea, I'd pick it up and heat it up at home.