Aunt B is Sided!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

beccas1963

Ok I put up a pic in my gallery. Now it is time to paint :D

Bec

Aunt B is looking good with clothes on Bec :cocktail:

• 2 weeks later...

Really looks great!!! I hope to start siding my Willowcrest this week. Hope it looks as good as yours does. I have never done this before so I am nervous, but I will persevere because I have had so much help from all you guys!

Becca your house is looking absolutely wonderful. Im going to follow your progress slowly and get tips for when I build my second BH.

I am so glad that you decided to do the siding before adding on the components. I plan on doing the same thing since siding my first BH was so difficult because of the windows and trim. It never came out looking as neat as I would have liked it to. Im curious to see how the trim and components go on now after the siding.

What glue did you use for it?

Im curious to see how the trim and components go on now after the siding.

What glue did you use for it?

Right now I am doing the horizontal and vertical trim. Wont put the window frames on for a while. But I put my door framing on and it looks fine.

For the glue I used Aileens tacky glue and lots of tape :giggle:

Bec

Thats amazing. I had tried to use tacky glue on the siding of my last Beacon and the curl up was unbelievable. I couldnt find a way to continue working on it without taping down each strip one by one until it dried. I had to end up using the hot glue for it like I do the shingles. I dont really like it though because it has a tendency of drying kind of hard and blobby under the thin siding. The extra thickness might give me a problem when I try installing the components over it.

Does anyone out there know if there is an Aileens type glue that is not water based or wont curl up wood?

I did wind up using Elmers wood glue on the rest of my siding under the porch--I just let it sit a few minutes before I put it on and it seemed to do better this time. I tried it on both painted and unpainted siding, and I had less curling than when I originally started.

Does anyone out there know if there is an Aileens type glue that is not water based or wont curl up wood?

I used Quick Grip to put my siding on and it worked like a charm no curling or warping and dries fast