7/19/07 Fighting

Fighting  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Have you ever been in a real fist fight with someone?

• Yes
    • No

When I was in elementary school a neighbor boy threatened to take a swing at me. I asked him why and tried to find out what was going on. He just wanted to hit someone and I was there, and he swung at me; I ducked and he missed and I laughed; some other kids were ltanding there and he got mad & swung again, so I punched him trying to deflect his hand, and blackened his eye. No more problem with him, or with anyone else looking for a punching bag here.

I had a similar experience in grade school, but I kicked the boy in the shins and he cried. He sat in front of me and kicked me every time I walked past his desk (fourth grade). Finally I just got mad and kicked hm really hard back. He started crying and pulled up his pant leg and there was this huge bruise there! The other boys started yelling at me for being mean to him. His name was Jeff Thresher. I remember this so clearly.

So Sister Judith Ann sent me into the hall (this was in the classroom) and calmed the class down and put on our science TV show. Then she came in the hall, where I was crying because I felt so guilty for kicking him, and she just folded me in her big, comfortable bosom and said "Christine, honey, I knew you would feel this way but between you and me, he deserved it!"

I just loved Sister Judith Ann.

Fast forward about eight years and at my senior prom, who is the valet parking attendant but Jeff Thresher? He's actually pretty darn tall and good-looking now. I would have felt good about this, except that my boyfriend drove a rusty old beater car. Oops. Oh well!