Fireplace Class HERE!!

Thank you for your time, Tracy. I do have a question about paper clay. I was experimenting with it to make countertops. As it dried it cracked. I wanted a smooth finish. I was wondering what I could do to prevent the cracks. I was thinking I got it too thin.

It could be rolled too thin but it migt not be that. This shrink a little as it dries so that causes cracking sometimes while other times it does not.

Just roll up a snake like piece (thin enough to fit inside the crack) wet the crake a little with water before you add it. Press it in the crack and smooth it (or if it was a textured surface pounce it with your brush).

<_<

I can't help but keep staring at my new fireplace! It's so darn cute and I can't wait to get it painted and decorated.

Hubby was asleep last night while I was making it, so he saw it this morning. He's very impressed!! :lol: He also thought it was very cool that we were able to do this on the forum! Being a computer guy and a mini-supportive hubby . . . that's a great compliment to the Greenleaf forum!! :D

Thanks again Tracy! You're awesome!! :(

Please post pictures when your fireplace dry. That way I will know how to edit or change the instructions to show you anything you may not have understood. I am hoping that they come out great for you all!

I am happy to help and share!

:lol:

I enjoyed the class so much, and I think mine is looking pretty good. Can't wait to finish it. Here are the pixs. This was fun, but next time I will have wipees very handy. I was sort of messy with it, Tracy's pictures looked so pristine and my work surface is destroyed. :lol: Of course it didn't help that I was using a round can for a rolling pin just could not locate the real one. :D

Comments welcomed.

Peggi

Peggi, how did you get my fireplace over to your house LOL. It looks just like mine. You did Fantastic!!!!

Now I am not as worried about you all getting it done right. I will paint this soon and post pictures here on how to do it!

:lol:

Peggi, your fireplace looks awesome! Great job! :lol:

You can view my fireplace pictures at my link below under the Buttercup/Canterbury! :D

Tracy, when I try to upload a picture into my post here I get a message saying I don't have enough space to accomodate it? I size it under the 50k thingy. Am I doing something wrong?

Thanks!