Fireplace Class HERE!!

That was why I was moving so slow last night. I had to resize my pictures.

:lol:

I iThank you all for bering with me!

Send me your pictures and I will resize it for you Teresa. Your fireplace looks wonderful!! :D

Tracy is there a pattern for the foamcore fireplace that you used for this class? I have nabbed all the images and step by step info but I don't have a template for the fireplace.

Also when will the painting part be taught? I really don't want to miss that or if I do the address would be handy so I can do what I did tonight :lol:

Great tutorial Tracy... I have been wanting to see how this product was used. Have you taught any other classes using Paper Clay?

Terri, there wasn't really a template . . . Tracy gave us the dimensions (Hmmm . . . is that a template? :lol: ) on her list of supplies at her link above and you cut your pieces to those sizes.

The fireplace center 4" X 4 1/2" out of 1" foamcore

The fireplace backing 4" X 4 1/2" out of 1/4" foamcore

The mantel 6" X 2" out of 1/4" foamcore (I might have made this 6" X 2 1/2" for more overhang at the front as you can see in Tracy's pictures . . . maybe I read the directions wrong! :D )

The hearth 5 1/2 X 1 1/2 out of 1/4" foamcore

Hope that helps!

I had fun with this fireplace. It is still drying a little, but I played with the stonework and brick, as I was experimenting. It should finish up drying today--here are the pictures!

I am still deciding on what colors would make this stonework look good, since I want to use this one for another project.

post-83-1130845423.jpg

post-83-1130845449.jpg

post-83-1130845500.jpg

Lisa, It is Wonderful!!

I see you did the back of it. I normally leave that unfinished since it is the part that will not be seen. It also is easier to glued it to the wall when it is unfinished. Sometimes though I do add contact paper to the back of it (Don't know why, I guess I am like you and hate to see it unfinished LOL :lol: ).

I will start the painting pictures today

:D

Couldn't help myself with the stone. Never thought of gluing it to the wall! :D I got a little carried away with the stones, didn't I? :lol: I wanted to really perfect the technique before attempting the smaller one--I know that might be slightly more difficult since the dimensions are smaller. I'm looking at some reference pictures of big fireplaces to get an idea on color mixes, and stone color variations. Tracey, I look forward to seeing your finished pics, your blogs are so helpful.

Hi Tracy, I couldn't be here but I want you to know I couldn't wait to get started on the fireplace. There was no way I could have done that without your tutorial. I need lots of practice but it was so much fun. Thanks so much for taking the time to teach us all.

Wendy

Wendy I LOVE it!!! It looks wonderful. My husband was laughing at me while I was taking pictures (Lazy man should have been helping me take pictures LOL) I was tring to hold the camera to get a shot of something or another. Did you notice my "Left" hand in there?

I am right handed but needed it to take the pictures LOL.

Your fireplace look WONDERFUL too!!! Is it for the Willowcrest. Teresa has one too.

You Gals has made me feel really good to see them look Just like Mine!

:blink:

Wendy, your fireplace looks awesome! Great job! It's so exciting when something turns out as great as these all did. Is Tracy good or what?!!!! ;)

I'm so excited about the Willowcrest! This is all like a dream come true!! Don't pinch me . . . I don't wanna wake up!! :blink:

OHHHH, Teresa, did you purchase a Willowcrest as well??? I am so excited about that, I just can't wait until it gets here. But, I promised myself after the Jefferson, I was going to open the Orchid and do my victorian dress shop. I have been planning it for a half a year now and have pretty much everything to go into it, so that project will be first on the list.

Your fireplace is so perfect, I love how you did your stones. I'm really looking forward to the painting process. Should be lots of fun.

Thanks Tracy, I did notice your fingers in a few of the pics, but I didn't realize you were taking them. I'm left handed so I just assume everyone else is too!!

Wendy

Wendy, I did!! ;) I'm so excited about this house! I'm going to "try" to do my Buttercup/Canterbury first though. I will also have the Haunted House! I may have three houses going at once!! :blink: Or is that four? Oh well, I'll be busy this winter! Brian moved furniture around in my craft/office tonight, so my table is finally free and clear! I'm going to start building this week! Still have a little bit of organizing to do first though.

A Victorian dress shop sounds so wonderful. I can't wait to see pictures! :D

Your fireplace looks great too! I can't wait to get mine into its new home! :p

I have a Greenleaf Cnatilly and it is adorable! I am still collecting things to go in it but it is almost there.

Having a hard time about what to do with the kitchen area so I am most probably going to add a basement and a circular stair going up from that.

That is, this is my "comfort" proejct I do a little here and a little there not feeling stressed about getting it done since it is a labour of love.

I would also thank all involved for this great competition I still have a hard time getting the fact I won one! DOing he happy dance every oncein a while :blink:

Hi Tracy, yes I do have the Chantilly and so many others. But next on my list to purchase are the McKinley and the Magnolia and of course, the Garfield. I would really like to have them as well. Well, I've been good all year, maybe Santa will surprise me!!

Wendy

Tracy so sorry to hear you've been ill. The stomach flu seems to be going around here to, so far its missed me. Drink plenty of fluids, get plenty of rest (easy to say when you don't have small children running around) and get to feeling better soon.

Peggi