7/28/07 What would you do?

I would open a bakery/craft store/minature/party planning and coffee shop! It would be like the walmart for crafty people like me who love a cookie and some caffiene now and then :groupwave:

It would be so amazingly fantabalous we would never have to go home! I better add B&B to the list too!

I would be an actress.

I will never forget the feeling of being on stage in elementary school. We had plays every year. In first grade I was Snow White. I remembered all of my lines and I had upper classmen coming up to me afterward telling me how good I was. That is a great memory. The teachers said after I ate the apple, I fainted dead on the floor like a pro.

I would have pursued what my mother wanted me to do. Sing opera. I was good but alas youth told me to sing rock and rock, ride motorcycles, ride horses, and of course yell and scream my lungs out......I destroyed my mezzo soprano voice. Oh well! Such is life.....so now I made dolls......

Wolfie

Lony, I was just looking at your cakes on your webshots-- beautiful! I would hate to eat such works of art!

Aww thank you so much. I have a lot of learing to do, but I am getting there.

not to sound corny, but after how i grew up, i am already doing the one thing in my life that i would do if i new i could not fail. and i can't fail at it, i won't let myself, what is it you ask, being a mother. my mom hasn't always done right by me, and has failed me more than once, so, i refuse to fail my chilren. i want my girls to know that i am always there for them and love them no matter what they do in life. i know my mom loves me, but that doesn't change all the pain she has put me through.

I want to say something big like putting an end to war, poverty, greed, ignorance, bigotry... but my first instinct was to say I would plant a seed of happiness in every human being that can to be distroyed. I don't mean in a stupid "don't worry, be happy" way. It just seems that misery and unhappiness is the root of everything else that is evil.

My dream was to become a race car driver......and some day I hope to go to one of the tracks and drive a race car.....I know it sounds stupid.......and another things I would do is take hate and hurt out of people and restore it with love and happiness.....

open my own soap & candle making shop & give classes on soap making. For years that is what I was working towards, selling online, at fairs & a small catalog, but it just got to be too much with two kids, a house, a regular full time job and trying to make a go at that. Sometimes I wish I would've just taken the leap - quit the day job & opened my own shop - but I was afraid financially - of what would happen if it didn't work out.

Be a professional musician, play big venues. Biggest I've ever played to was 700, years ago. Our roadie, Pig, was the doorman, 1 buck a head. All the guys with the band got free draught, so he was toast way before the gig. Think he was keeping count? Fire code was 500, we had over 700 in the joint, university pub. It was the farewell gig for our drummer Stoner, we were test driving the PA system The Tragically Hip would use the next day at O'Donnells. We also had their sound man, Mark, since we were the first band to let Mark fly solo doing sound on. 2 Martin systems and 24,000 watts of light. That's a high I have never matched.

What Thing Would You Do (Goal, Dream, Desire) If You knew You Could Not Fail At It?
Open another bookstore. Become an artist. Become a cabinetmaker. Become a field archeologist. Write novels. Those are the things I haven't tried yet that I had thought I would like to do.

Other things I wanted to do & did (and succeeded at a few of them): sing, work in a printshop, be a nurse, teach, help poor people, make toys.

This is going to sound weird, but when I was in my youth, I thought seriously about becoming a hand model. I was very fortunate to have nice hands and nails that fit the criteria for photographers. (think nail polish or hand lotion or those old Palmolive ads) <giggling> Nothing else was worth taking a picture of, but I was blessed with well shaped hands. However, I lived in the middle of nowhere and for some silly reason, I thought getting married was more important than anything else at the time so I didn't pursue it. But it would have been an interesting career if I had.

Deb

I would love to open my own craft store and have classes and have employee's so I would

be able to have my own time too... Often you do not get that when you have your own business..

To me that is VERY important :D

If I was rich I would do nothing work wise, but would mini all day and go to shows and hang out

with family and friends and be happy...