What I have been up to

Lony

Well, many of you might remember me but most probably don't. I have been away for about a year dealing with real life. My husband and I built a new home with our own two hands. Trust me when I say it was the hardest thing I have ever had to do, but it was so worth it. Now I have an actual office where I can set up my dollhouses and not have to worry about all my stuff everywhere in the living room. I posted some pictures on my web shots page in case you want to take a peek.

I am looking forward to having more time to spend on my hobbies and to see my old friends again.

congrats on building your own home. my dad does construction work and has built two of his own homes. it is hard work, but very rewarding. i have only been here for about six months, so i don't remember you...but am pleased to meet you. i am Amanda, i have an 18 month old daughter, and another one on the way. i have only been building minis for a few months, but have quickly fell in love with the hobby

Welcome back and I remember you and the Pepto Palace. Your new home looks real nice you and DH should be very proud and I've always heard that if you could survive building a house together you will stay together.

Hi, again! When you mentioned y'all were building your own house I figured that was where you were, rather than having dropped off the planet. Good to have you back! What are you going to build next? (In mini, that is!)

Hi, again! When you mentioned y'all were building your own house I figured that was where you were, rather than having dropped off the planet. Good to have you back! What are you going to build next? (In mini, that is!)

I am going for an Orchid. Miss Molly is going to open a bakery as soon as she gets done at cooking school. I think she mentioned that they were decorating cakes today. I will have to keep you posted on her progress.

(I am trying to get my clay sculpted baked goods to look kinda like the real thing)

Would you ever consider building a scale version of your new home? You would know exactly how to build it, after all!

LOL, you know that is exactly what my husband wants to do. 2x6 framing and all. Our blueprints are even 1:12 scale sooooooooo.... :) Once winter hits I am sure we will be building another house, thankfully it will be little this time! With any luck there will be less bickering. :D

LOL, you know that is exactly what my husband wants to do. 2x6 framing and all. Our blueprints are even 1:12 scale sooooooooo.... :) Once winter hits I am sure we will be building another house, thankfully it will be little this time! With any luck there will be less bickering. :D

How lucky - the blueprints are in perfect scale! Holly's so right - you can build all the "extras" that you desire into the mini. What a wonderful heirloom to pass down in the family!

*wiping drool off keyboard*

Your babies (kitchen appliances) are TO DIE FOR! I want it I want it I want it... Someday my prince (with a viking stove with gas) will come...

Glad you are back! :lol:

• 1 month later...

What's Up Lony Dear!! I could never forget you and the Pepto Palace (Her Pierce she named "Pepto Palace" and she made it for her mom in like 4 weeks & she electrified and wallpapered it AND it was her first house ever)!!

I Love your bakery goods!!