10/31/05 Dress Up

Minis On The Edge

Where and when I grew up, it was usual to stop trick-or-treating around fifth grade. We "baby busters" born in the mid-1960s refused to show enthusiasm for anything!

I dress up only if we're going to a party -- and honestly, I don't enjoy it. Putting on high heels and nylons for work is enough "costume" for me.

How old were you when you stopped trick or treating? Do you still dress up for Halloween?

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

13 was the last time I went trick or treating...I used to dress up when taking the children out....but alas 2 no longer go out and one is going out with friends this year :lol:

Hmm - I think I was about 13 when I stopped going trick or treating... but yep I still dress up. In fact I put on a costume any time I can!! :( LOL - Seriously I love theatrics and I always dress for the local Renn Faire and that's usually what I wear on Halloween as well - though one year my sister had a theme party and it was "witches" so I went in drag - pointy hat and all LOL - well I sort of had to - I was in charge of making the costumes for mom and sis - so I figured what the heck - we'll have a "girls" night LOL ... or is that "ghouls night" :D

And my mom has worn her witch costume on Halloween every year since that party- just in case she gets trick or treaters :lol:

:D -David

yes I dress up

the last time I went trick or treating I was 17...I had to take my 10 yr old sister out with her friends.

I will have them take a photo of me tonight and you can see the look...I cant get to scarey coz I am the first thing my victoms...ermm guest see.

nutti :lol:

The last time I dressed up for Halloween was when I was about 13 years old. I go with my kids but I HONESTLY have never been a BIG fan of going out in the FREEZING COLD but its worth freezing to see the looks on the kids faces and soo cute in there little coustumes.

Lyn

We stopped going Trick or Treating when the town we were in stopped having the children go door to door in neighborhoods because it was too dangerous, our boys were in upper elementary grades. The last time I dressed up for Hallowe'en was just before I started nursing school, I was working as a unit secretary 2300-0700 shift in a large hospital's labor & delivery unit & all the nurses dressed up. My only costume was to draw what turned out to be a VERY believable moustache on myself with an eyebrow pencil, got a lot of stares & compliments.

BTW DS took us on a tour of the Pentagon today & lots of folkks there dressed in costumes (not just military uniforms lol). When we got back we helped hand out candy to the Trick or Treaters here.

Holly, a tour of the Pentagon! That's very cool!

The last time I dressed up, as a kid, was when I was about 15. We lived in a small town so we had to take advantage of anything that was "fun" when and where we could get it!! :D

And then of course I dressed up this past Saturday for our Halloween Party!! :( I don't think you should ever be so "old" that you still can't have fun!! :lol:

Holly, a tour of the Pentagon! That's very cool!

It was, indeed! There were two display cases of war vignettes done in 1:6 scale as well as a very small model of the 9/11 memorial. One of the halls had a display of quilts in honor of 9/11 and a memorial room that looks out over the site for the new outdoor memorial that is exquisitely poignant.