Hi Everyone!

I am married for 24 years. I have 2 sons and 2 grandsons. I never had the opportunity to buy a dollhouse for a daughter (which I would have). I have always wanted a dollhouse and I couldn't believe my luck when I found a Beacon Hill in a thrift store for $25. It wasn't quite finished and it looks like it has been stored in a garage for several years. They didn't finish shingling so I picked off what was there because I want my shingles to match and the other ones were cracked from the heat. A few windows need to be fixed or replaced. I'm just going to strip and fix then decorate. I'm very excited! I have some ideas about how to decorate it and as I was looking through the gallery I noticed that my ideas weren't original. A few of you have done what I had been planning. I'm still going to go with my ideas. I haven't been able to work on it yet as I've just recently had a cast removed from my hand as I had broken it and I'm still healing. My grip is getting better, maybe I'll start next week. I actually did have a dollhouse when I was around 5-7. I don't really remember it except that it was metal and I still have a pink-plastic crib and a baby from it. My mom doesn't remember why she got rid of it.

I will send more pictures as soon as I'm able.

Linda

post-2253-1186201338_thumb.jpg

Welcome to the forum family, Linda, we're so glad to have you here! The BH is a gorgeous house with LOTS of possibilities and we have quite a few members making her into a jewel. When you've made five posts you can open albums in the Gallery to share your pictures.

I'm rehabbing & bashing a Laurel that was literally falling apart in my hands.

Hello and welcome Linda!

There are lots of "Beacon Hillers" here who will be bending over backwards to help you out! Just remember to take tons of pics of your progress on your beautiful find!

Wolfie

Welcome to the forum! That was a true bargain BH - you're very lucky. Don't worry about having ideas that someone else has already done - that just goes to show how similar miniaturists are all over the world. I often see something that I was planning already made by someone else. No matter how alike our ideas are, they are always uniquely carried out by each individual. Looking forward to seeing more pics!

Hello and welcome to the forum! Good Luck on restoring your Beacon Hill! It's a beautiful house. It was the one I had wanted to start on, but at the time, they were out of stock, so I got the Garfield instead. The Garfield will take me quite a long time to build, but eventually I want to do a Beacon Hill as well! There are a lot of knowledgeable people here and they will be more than happy to answer any questions you may have! Once again, good luck and welcome! Sue

Linda -

Welcome to Greenleaf Forum. I can't believe you got a Beacon Hill for $25 - what a steal.

It's my all-time favourite dollhouse. Would you share photos of the inside?

I've got the Beacon Hill. My dad built it for me in 1994 and I'm continually changing things around.

-Susanne

Welcome to the forum!

how lucky to find an almost complete Beacon Hill for such a good price!

what you will be doing to it is called rehabbing and if you need inspirations as to how to proceed I have only one link for you

http://www.greenleafdollhouses.com/forum/i...=si&img=399

what she did to this house after rescuing it is a wonder!

I look forward to seeing what you decide to do to yours!

nutti :birthday:

• 2 weeks later...