moving

JewelsRus

Yes. We are moving. I hate moving, but I think it will work out best for our family. My DH has a year before medical school and this will help us save money. So it is a good move. We are going from Utah to Idaho. DH has a job at the family dairy farm and I should be able to help out feeding calves. It is kind of sudden. We decided 2 days ago and we will be moved within the month so things are a bit crazy around here right now.

Anyway, nice to know I can take you all with me because it is hard to leave my friends and family here. Then in one year we will be moving again to Missouri! Crazy! There are defiantly a lot of adventures in this time of life! Anyway, thanks for listening to me. I might be a little slow at responding in about a week, but don’t worry I will mail my swap items before we leave for good. They are actually all ready made! Well, at least that is what I keep saying before I say, “Oh I could make this to go with it too!” LOL to funny!

You take it easy in the packing and unpacking, make a "goodie" bag for yourself for those stoeln moments when having to sit down and do a little something for your own health ie minis :photo: a small kit or two etc etc so that you can get your mini fix for the day and then be ready to tackle whatever needs packing or unpacking next!

Looking forward to hearing about your new home!

Hugs

Make sure all your minis are packed and labelled "FRAGILE"! (As if you wouldn't.)

That was the first thing I did mark all my mini stuff fragile. I am not even going to let the men touch them. Don't get me wrong I love men, but they dont always handle things with care. I will pack and unpack and move them myself. I get kind of like that with my guitars and oil paintings too. I left the polimer clay out so I could relax when I get a few minutes and makes stuff, that dosn't take so much space and I really enjoy it.

I hope you have a smooth & safe move and that you don't lose ANYTHING!! (I always lose something during a move).

It can be hard to move away from friends & family but you are right, your innternet friends are here for you! Take it easy with packing and lable everything on the outside of the box!! It really helps!

Julie, I hope your move goes well! Have fun in Idaho while you are there, enjoy the mountains....Missouri is pretty and the people are exceptionally nice! I lived in the St. Louis area for a few years and I still have fond memories of my life there. There are alot of outdoor experiences there that are cool....canoeing for example! Beautiful countryside...lakes...rivers...I wouldn't mind moving back there, except for the winters...you get freezing rain, then it snows on top of that and makes thinks dangerous, but that is the only negative i can say...i loved it! Oh, this is bringing back awesome memories. :photo:

Good luck with everything!

I hope you have a smooth & safe move and that you don't lose ANYTHING!! (I always lose something during a move).

It can be hard to move away from friends & family but you are right, your innternet friends are here for you! Take it easy with packing and lable everything on the outside of the box!! It really helps!

Last time we moved, 4 year ago, I lost my leather jacket. It may seem silly but money is really tight and I saved and used all my Christmas money I was given to buy it. Then within a year it was just gone! :wave: I am still sad about it and have not been able to replace it but someday I will. I have even found the exact same jacket I just havent had the same $$$. I will be so carefull this time when I move.

It really is a comfort to know my "internet friends are here for you." Thanks! :photo:

About labeling boxes. I am doing that now. I normally do really good at first but by the end I just dont care any more and end up just throwing everything in a box. I will try to be strong this time and keep everything organized.

Oh, Julie, is your DH going to med school in St Louis? There's a wonderful dh & mini museum & store there, and a craft store on the same street as the Busch Farm and a world-class zoo and botanical garden, and all sorts of venues for jazz! And if y'all are into biking at all there are bike trails along the levees. And you're an easy day's drive from Chicago & the Bishop Shows.

I've not been to Idaho, but I understand it's gorgeous there.

Oh, Julie, is your DH going to med school in St Louis? There's a wonderful dh & mini museum & store there, and a craft store on the same street as the Busch Farm and a world-class zoo and botanical garden, and all sorts of venues for jazz! And if y'all are into biking at all there are bike trails along the levees. And you're an easy day's drive from Chicago & the Bishop Shows.

I've not been to Idaho, but I understand it's gorgeous there.

Oh you just made my day! I have been longing for a dollhouse store and I cant find any in Utah! I am sure there aren’t any in Idaho either but when I go to Missouri, whoo-ho, dh & mini museum & store there, and a craft store on the same street as the Busch Farm! Yeah! :photo: Jax loves zoos. That will be so much fun. I am pretty familiar with Idaho, it is very similar to Utah, so it won’t be much different. The different part is going to be the town. Over 65 miles away from a Walmart or MacDonalds. Population 25. Zane, my husband went to school there in a two room school house until high school. It is so small. The first time I went there they put it in the news paper, seriously. We are not talking country; we are talking the middle of nowhere! It will defiantly be a new experience!

That's even worse than the first Fair on the Square bike ride we went to in Lumpkin, GA. DH used to spend his summers there with his paternal grandparents growing up and this was the first time he'd been back since his grandaddy passed.

His cousin insisted we stay with her in Richland, the next town east. When we got done with the ride we decided to walk about town ("downtown" consists of the shops & stores that face the courthouse, most of which are closed & boarded up) and see the "Fair" before going back to Richland to shower and change out of our spandex cycling togs. We ran into the older sister & mom of one of DH's best friends growing up,and we met the cousin with her sister so we waited until she got ready to go home and then we left, too.

That night DH's uncle took all of out for pizza and all the cousin could talk about was who all saw DH & me walking around the square ("..and y'all were HOLDING HANDS! and wearing those tight bike clothes!") and then half the people she was quoting came walking into the restaurant.

I shall pray for your privacy for the next year!

Julie,

I live in Missouri...in Saint Louis and it would be great to have someone close to do minis with and to show you around the city. I would love that!!! How awesome...ask any questions you have...let me know what help you might need.

Havanaholly, ya, you gotten love those small towns. It is like gossip central! In the town we will be moving to I don’t think there is such a thing as privacy, except maybe the fact that your neighbors are 3 miles away! However it is nice to have people wave at you when you are driving by. In big cities you are more likely to get looked at like they would rather kill you than look at you.

Anne, That would be fabulous! It will definatly be the biggest move I have ever made and I have never been far away from family. It is kinda scary, but exciting.

On a side note I have been to St. Lous, and I love it! It is absolutly beautiful!

Hey, I like the idea of being a portable friend. We get to travel all over the world right from our computer.

Good luck with the move. I haven't moved in 35 years but keep threatening just to get rid of some of the junk that has accumulated over the years.

Yes, I agree moving it a great way to get organized and get rid of stuff. I am finding the longer I pack the more sentimental I get, thus not throwing stuff away.

This is goodbye for awhile. I am loosing my computer today and we are moving, (not just packing) so in a week or two I'll be back. Miss you till then.

Bye! :clap: