WLS

nuttiwebgal

FAN-TASTIC!!!

Keep up the good work, take care of yourself, and tell your family to stuff Thanksgiving ... heeheeheeeeee

Most definitley what she daid!!! Nutti, you need to be taking real good care of yourself and let others do that kind of work!!!!

Hugs and a major "WHOHOOOOO" :)

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

its so nice to come and read all of these words of encouragement!

and there are days I really need it!

the days I cant see the loss or the days when me head is yelling at me I want chinese food

I LOVE my chinese food! but my favorites are fried stuffs of which I cannot eat!

fortunatly for me I can eat at my favorite Mexican resturaunt...my 2nd fav food.

I can have the refried beans and cheese enchalada...of course I have to take some home with me but I can have it and that makes me feel like a normal person again....as long as I dont have to spit something out(gross) but it happens. I have learned not to take a chance my new pouch will reject something. it is nice not to have actual "hunger pains" but I tell you the head hunger can be worse sometimes.

but the more I dont give in to the head hunger which is really "want" more than need makes it easier the next time my head is yelling at me. like last night at the band festival...they had BBQ

ohhhh it smelled so good! but it was brats and dogs and Im not to a point of trying those because of the high fat content.

Im suppose to go to the WLS Dr on Nov 3 but Im going to have to change it to the following week due to not having anyone to go with me....4.5 hours there and back.....

I hope he will be pleased....sometimes I feel like its moving very slow.....to yall it must seem very fast but I am on a WLS board and some of those gals seem to be loosing faster than I am.

but like anything its an individual thing! it is nice to be able to do some of the things I thought I had left behind and now looking forward to doing things I never thought I would get a chance to do.

New goal....I want to weigh 250 or less by March....we are going to Pensecola and I want to parasail. Dean took Catriona and Jevin a couple of yrs ago and I didnt get to go.

I also am not the heavyest person I know. I just passed my friend who is now very bummed

she said she knew it was going to happen but she didnt know it was going to make her feel like it does. she isnt mad but now she is feeling like I did....hopeless.....she says she isnt ready to give up food or make the change I have....Im sorry she feels that way. I did too.....the day after surgery. but everytime I have another wow moment it makes it all worth while.

and since Im not hungry...EVER....I dont miss it. unless my head decides hey doesnt this sound good! early on this was a much bigger issue but now my head knows consquence of eating the wrong things and it doesnt yell as often... LOL

at the last group meeting I learned that the first yr the surgery does the work for you

the 2nd yr its you and your surgery and after that it is all on you. so we as WLS pt must take this and relearn how to eat again. portion control and self control while eating remembering to chew chew chew and sip sip sip

so that when its all on us we will have skills to be able to maintain the loss and or keep loosing.

it can be gained back when you are not careful.

as soon as Halloween is over I am getting a YMCA membership so that I can start working out and swim...which is the only form of excersize I find acceptable....but for the wearing of a bathing suit.HAHAHAHAHA

well I just wanted to ramble and I have so now Im off for a walk with the dog.

Have a great day!

nutti :wub:

Nutti, it is so nice to hear your updates and a very great milestone met-100 lbs. We are all so proud of you. It is so nice to hear how you are regaining your life back.

Congratulations.

Today is photo day!

just because I feel like sharing

yesterday I was shopping at wal-mart....one of my big goals for the wls was to be able to shop in Wal-marts for clothing. so I says to myself....I am running out of pants....I am undergrowing them. so I thought I would get some 4x and if I couldnt wear them now it wont be long.....

yes! I can wear them NOW!

of course 5 mins after putting them on I went out to the haunt and snagged them on something. oh well it just means I can go get another pair and Ruby suggested I go one more size down when I do buy them....3X are you kidding me??? so excited...its a surreal life right now.

so today's photo is me in my 4x pants and 5x shirt....the shirt is one of my tie-dyes....a corner sunburst design in our school colors. today is the first day I have worn the shirt.

it is still snuggly around my tummy but Im not uncomfortable in it.

post-9-1193515412_thumb.jpg

Have a great day!

nutti :)

wanted to add that its also 4 months to the day I had surgery today!

Hi there Sweetie, you look sooooo good, and I am just so darn (sorry LOL) proud of you!!!

Now if I could only be part of your haunt I would be happy beoynd words!

HUGS

Glad to hear that you are in such good spirits - you should be, you are achieving wonders! Don't give a second thought to what other WLS people have lost, or how quickly they did it. You are doing such a good job, and we couldn't be prouder of you than we are now. :)

(The sunburst shirt is so colourful, and appropriate - the sunshine within you is spilling out.)

You look mahvelous dahling! :(

• 2 weeks later...

Well Yesterday I made the 4.5 hour trip to my WLS Dr in Little Rock Ar.

according to his scales I weigh 347....91 pounds gone since my consultation May 29

120 pounds gone since April 5th.

I am a very happy camper! :thumb:

I am going monday Job hunting! this is very exciting for me....3/4yrs ago when I gave up my job to stay with my gran I didnt think I would ever be able to work outside the house again.

and this is soo cool....one of my friends told me to come to his place of work...they are hiring and he has helped 2 others get a job there and he says its perfect for me....

one drawback is the drive....gas just climbed to 3$ a gal.

well the new van is good on gas so maybe itll work out...all I can do is try!

wish me luck!

oh I have a new goal....I want to be under 300 by the New yr.

I think its doable if I increase my activity and Protien....

ooooo this is bad....my hair is leaving! everytime I brush I have to clean out the brush before putting it up as sooo much hair is left behind in it! :( :thumb: :(

so the Nut(nutritionist) said more protien!

I do thank all of you for your support and well wishes! you have noo idea what it means to me!

nutti :wave:

When they do labs on you ask them how your TSH levels are doing (I'm sure they're watching them like hawks at a rabbithole, but just in case...). As we get older our thyroids tend to slow down/ poop out and in addition to lethargy & weightgain our hair can fall out; since you're WLS they really need to follow a ll sorts of things going on with your body.

I am so proud of how well you're doing. Congratulations on going back to work!