WLS

nuttiwebgal

I just got thru reading this from beginning to end. Wow, Nutti, you're amazing and brave to have gone through a major and risky surgery for your weight loss. I would've done the same thing tho.. (I'm so vain). Haa!

I loved reading about your progress and watching you get smaller, and the joy in being able to wear new , smaller clothes. , And being able to go out and do things, enjoy life. I am so happy for you!!

And everyone here, routin for you. How awesome is that.

I wish you all the best!

Keep taking pics and sharing your progress!

Michelle

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yaaay, Nutti! You rock!!

You will knock their socks off at the interview - nothing can hold you back. (Haven't you figured out yet that you are now officially Wonder Woman?)

Couldn't be prouder of you ... and yet, with every post you make, I get prouder!

• 2 weeks later...

My daughter took a photo of us sitting around the table...what she didnt know was that I was in the middle of a "dumping"

post-9-1195962204_thumb.jpg

it isnt pretty....in this photo my head is spinning and Im feeling like I could pass out....fortunatly it was short...about 40 mins.

the culprit....one med onion ring and one bite with ranch dressing.

it was my beloved onion ring. :wub:

deep fried (FAT)

I dont think Ive ever dumped on sugar because I go out of my way to avoid it....but FAT

well you would be suprised at how little sends me to bed to sleep it off. and its in stuff you dont think about.... like cheese dip. of course when I ate the fried NO NO I knew I could get sick.....but I was thinking it would bother my pouch not make me dump.

so now I know I will never eat that again. definatly less tempted for sure!

its all a learning experience. some things you need harder lessons!

nutti :D

I feel just terrible for you - you do look like you're suffering - 40 mins. doesn't sound short to me! It's a shame you have to give up so much - but look at what you get in return. A stronger, healthier, happier and more vibrant YOU! Rock on, Nutti! You know what they say, "When the going gets tough .... "

Drum roll pleeeease!

another 11 pounds....yup!

today I went shopping...took the kid and my mom to the big sale at JCPenny's

started at 7 we got there at 8 it was empty...we pretty much had the place to ourselves most of the 3 hours we were there...I did a little of an hour on my own and than I had to use the chair...when I realised that Catie was going to make her set limit STREEETCH as far as she could I had her get the chair....coz we were going to go to Hobby Lobby also.

we 3 jit the doors and took off in different directions....I went baby shopping,mom wanted boots,and Catie wanted it all!

I got the new baby 2 outfits for when he gets here and Miss Pixie got 2 new outfits as well. so Im done with my Christmas shopping for Pixie. catie still needs her stocking filled

I was so excited on Thursday to have lost 11 more pounds I went to a newly built and opend Flea-market. it is BIG. I walked in there almost 45 mins....and talking to the lady about a booth for my miniatures.

friday I shopped at Wal-marts for over an hour.....so it looks like an hour of shopping is what Im up to....shopping is lots of walking....specially when you run into folks you havent seen in awhile....its really weird...I know people are noticing my weight loss but NO-ONE says anything....I asked my mom today...do I look SICK? are people afraid to say anything because they think Im sick??

I dont think I look sick! Im not used to seeing my face this thin!!!

when I walked into wal-marts yesterday the guy who I usually see at night but havent in awhile coz I been shopping in the morning or daytime...he went to get the buggy out for me and I just smiled and said no ty....I know he wanted to say something.

post-9-1196546867_thumb.jpg

New photo I took of myself last night....do I look sick to you??

well thats my update....

nutti :lol:

Have I mentioned that I am loosing LOTS of hair!

I had Catie give me a trim hoping that would help but it didnt

I have thick hair and lots of it but I sure can tell the difference

No you dont..

When I was in middle school I was very hefty. I didnt like going to this Catholic school. and I didnt have many friends. The summer of entering freshman yr of public high school my Mom took me clothes shopping. I fit in a pair of size 16 jeans. I was mortified with myself. I vowed to myself right then and there that I was NOT going to high school in size 16 jeans!

I changed my diet (nothing bulimic or anorexic), did aerobics (jane fonda, anyone?) and I had to walk 2 miles to and from high school every day.

One day I passed the bus for the Catholic high school on my way home. Friends from that junior high were on the bus. I found out later on that there was a rumor that I had cancer or some other awful disease. How could she have lost all that weight in six months???

That is why they think you look sick my dear...You are freaking them out with your Incredible-shrinking-woman presence!

You are the greatest looking sick woman I have ever seen! :lol:

Nutti, you don't look sick, you look beautiful! Maybe people aren't sure how to mention the change, because they don't want to risk being rude by commenting on your weight. How can they possibly think you're sick, when you're up and about, doing more than you did before? Not to mention that you positively GLOW.

Oh and Heidi FYI

I am only wearing my diamond ring and wedding band. I have them in one of those plastic ring adjusters and its kind of bulky so Im not wearing my mothers ring or my 10 yr anniversery saphire ring :D :lol: ;) :hmm:

but my sweetie going to have all resized for me on my 1 yr surgeryversery

nutti :p

Lynette, I haven't checked out your thread in a while and I am just in awe! You look amazing!! You've had quite a journey and your future looks bright!

Good luck with your job search!

You look wonderful Nutti! People not mentioinng it, well, could be that they are afraid of overstepping boundaries or something like that, but they do notice don't they :please: yout ake it easy and keep doing eveything you are doing! We love seeing you smile like that glimmering with new-found happiness and energy!

Hugs

You look gorgeous Nutti! And don't worry about what people are thinking - I know they are amazed at your transformation! Keep up the good work! You are looking healthier and more beautiful every day!

Wolfie

Nutti, you don't look sick, you look wonderful. You look less tired, less ....well I don't know, but you face looks more lit up in your pictures.

I think people probably have noticed a change in you but are not sure what to say, so they don't.

• 4 weeks later...

ok Im doing this again....an update....I did this on friday night ...wrote a book and pushed the wrong button and POOF it was gone! (sigh)

lots of things are going on keeping me very busy! how rewarding for me that I am able to do all of it!

finally someone outside of family has said something about my weightloss. it was very special to me...one of the lady's who worked in our craft Dept at wal-marts saw me for the first time since they took out fabrics....sometime last yr. I thought she must have retired as she has worked in crafts for 23 yrs. I know this because she has always been so helpful to me with all of my endeavors of the crafty nature.

she now works in the dressing room...someplace I rarely go...but Catie was trying on a shirt and I walked in...she looked at me...looked again and broke into a huge smile!

OMGOSH you look so good! you have lost alot of weight...YOUR WALKING AGAIN!

so we chit chated about the surgery and she says youve lost a twin(with a tear in her eye) yup says I and when I loose this triplet I will be happier! I thought she was gonna fall in the floor LOL. it was great!

This last thursday I had to travel to KCMO to go to the first of many hearings about my grans estate. while up that way my mother insisted we do some shopping....at Excelsior Springs wal-mart...the largest in the US...than we visited the cemetary and cleaned the tombstone and put flowers there for both of my grandparents. than off to court.

after we went and got my moms mom and took her to dinner and than home again!

lots of walking!!

of course friday was mine and Deans 23rd anniversery. we spent the day going to the movies....National Treasure 2 and it was as good as the first one....than we went shopping at Penny'sfor an hour and than to dinner. we went to a Japanese sushi/steak grill....dinner and a show...whoed a thunk it? I had Catriona take a photo of us but if you want to see it you will have to view my profile because its my personal photo right now as I am unable to post photos in my post right now.

of course after 2 days of non stop walking in my new shoes that have an arch....I usually wear crocs....well my legs were protesting so on Sat I rested....well ok if you call cleaning my work area rest! I was able to sit while doing it and I did lots of deep stretches to work the cramps out of my legs. than sunday I was off to finish my shopping for Catriona. had to stuff her stocking. so more walking and I wore my new shoes....it felt really good to be able to do all of what I had to do!....while shopping Mr Dean got 2 lighted candy canes...when we got home he put up our old fake tree with blue lights garland and bows....he took it all outside and we set up a little Christmas display for the first time in yrs. I baked 2 loaves of pumpkin bread and the girls made cookies...today already I have made a cherry and apple pie and 2 more loaves of bread! got my eggs going for deviled eggs and the girls are making oreo truffles and rice crispi treats

after the 2 pumpkin pies are done I have the ham to put in.

while thats baking Ill make my cheeseball and the eggs. and than Ill be done. hopefully in time for a shower before the guest arrive.

I have lost a little over 130lbs so far I will go weigh sometime this week to see if I made my New Years goal....Im sure I probably havent but its gonna be close!

Life is good! I look forward to the New year in a way I havent in a very long time.

all because of my WLS.

I went to the Social Security office to see how going back to work would affect my medicare and the pittance check I get. but its all good so Im off to look for a job after the New year. when I quit job in 2003 I never thought I would be able to go back. what an amazing ride its been and I cant wait to see whats next!

Bring it on!

nutti :congrats:

Nutti I am so excited that things are getting better and better for you!!! We went to see National Treasure 2 and thought it was really good also.

Keep up the good work my dear friend. Merry Christmas!!!