WLS

nuttiwebgal

Nutti,

I sooo sympathize with you. I had to take a drug test for my job at the Post office. My problem was I didnt have enough in my bladder to fill the cup. So i had to drink drink drink until I could. Then when I finally did, the woman said it was TOO diluted! WHAT????

They have to make sure you are not bringing in surrogate pee. It has to be the right temperature, they have to have a full amount, etc.

I am not condoning their reactions but if you had to deal with possible liars everyday...you would become jaded too.

You got it done though! It is over! you will never have to do that again for this job. So dont get discouraged....That ordeal is over and done with.

Did they do the whole process in front of you? You have to hand them the cup, you have to watch them fill out the sticker and read it to make sure it is YOU, you watch them seal the cup around the perimeter, and then you watch them put it in the baggy for transport..with you name on it again I think. They are covering THEM and YOU.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad that part is over for you Nutti. Once you start work and get to know a few people, it will be easier Then you will be part f the team.

Gosh, I don't think I could do a drug test. I've got this thing where I can't pee in public. My bladder can be so full I feel like it is going to burst, but if someone is waiting for me, or in the same restroom, I could sit there for an hour and not be able to go. I sit there and think "relax, relax, relax", but I just can't relax enough.

Nutti, you have shown more courage, more strength, more heart and soul, than many others who haven't had to deal with problems anywhere near as tough as yours. So you had a mini-meltdown. So what? You are a wonder! And don't you forget it.

Absolutely! I'm sorry you had to go through all the drama, but you did it, and you had the support of your family when you needed them. Put another notch in the tape measure and look forward to being part of a different team, too. You have your family, you have us, and soon you'll have your new friends at work. You go, girl! :welcome:

ok ordeal over and I start the job on MONDAY :birthday::banana::banana::banana:

oooo Im soo excited and ready to vomit! LOL

another perk of this new job...and yall will appreciate this...its all WOMEN!

a good place for a dollhouse builder to work...a place full of mommies and grandmommies and Aunties! sooo just maybe I will sell a house or 2...it could happen!

I cannot believe I wont be in here to check on yall....all day long!!!

I am going to have some severe forum/internet withdrawls...what can you take for that?? :D

hold down the fort and keep that eyecandy comming! ;)

nutti :wave:

Hurray, hurray for you Lynette! (standing ,clapping)

Don't forget to wear your most arch supporting,comfortable shoes!

Sounds like a nice place to work.

Don't forget to take your proper foods and get plenty of sleep! I can't help help it Lynette I just feel very proud but protective of you.LOL

I KNEW you'd get it! You didn't go through all that for no reason.

I'M REALLY HAPPY FOR YOU! It sounds like a perfect place to work - you will know everyone in no time - especially as you travel about picking up the various components to put together.

Everyone will love you, Nutti - don't you worry. If you get nervous - that's actually a GOOD thing. I used to tell my theatre kids that being nervous was a bonus - if you use that nervous energy in a positive way, it will make you sparkle! ;)

:D ;) :birthday:

Whohoooooo!!!!

Soooo happy for you Nutti, and I will keep my fingers crossed for you being able to recruite some other ladies into the wonderful hobby of minis!!!! But I will also miss having you around here!

Hugs

Congratulations my dear!

As for internet withdrawl...you will be so busy you wont even miss it. That is what the weekends are for..including all the stuff you couldnt do during the week!

Thanks all for the well wishes about the new job!

WOW I learned alot today...its really busy the last 2 days because orders HAVE to be shipped by TODAY...an end of month occurance. so even though I have been doing stuff my real training begins tomorrow. it is overwhelming the things I need to learn for this job. but I feel like a sponge..today I suprised myself and my trainer at how much I was able to retain. she even let me take over one job while she did another...LOL

I have to LOL at this woman...I dont know why she is leaving but Ryan told me they were all glad to see her go....she has a tendency to put some of her work off on others...but while she is training me she is really WORKING!...Ryan says shes worked more in the last 2 days than he has seen her do in 6 months. LOLROFL

and we still have another week together after this one.

I moved a to this thread because I wanted to share my over whelming emotions of today...

I was driving home from work and I decided Ill just run into the little smoke shop my friend Ruby used to brag about....Great inscense in there...the Big jumbo sticks 4 for $1 so I stopped to get me some. and than went to another friends on my way home from work...

it was overwhelming the sense of normalcy that was enough to make me cry.

a job...just deciding hey Ill stop in here and hey Ill go there.

for so long I went no where without someone with me. or just didnt go.

I couldnt go and I didnt want to go. I wanted to see people I just didnt want to be seen...

oxymoron for sure.

I am so grateful for my WLS and a 2nd chance at the life I once had and maybe even a little bit better than before because now I dont live with the fact no matter what I do Ill only get bigger.

now I have a tool that not only will I regain a normal body weight and reasonable health but I will be able to maintain it. I dont know all the reasons my body turned out this way but Im so glad to have the chance to get it under control and LIVE again! Bless each of you wonderful supportive people for sharing this wild ride with me.

Im so lucky and I KNOW IT! :)

I would have done this with just my family support but Im so blessed to have all of you to encourage me along my way.

TYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTYTY :D :wub: :wub:

can you tell Im a blubbering idot??? Im just so dern HAPPY!

even as I write this I wonder just where its all going...isnt the unknown an exciting prospect?

well I wanna read some post before I take a tylenol and go to bed.

hugggggzzzz

nutti/Lynette :angry:

I can't get over just what an amazing woman you are, nutti. You're such an inspiration and I love hearing of how your life has turned around. It's such a great feeling to have the power to overcome, and you're doing it!! I'm saying it again and again, I'm so very proud of you!

I, too, am so proud and to hear you say "overwhelming the sense of normalcy that was enough to make me cry" has me wanting to cry with you. Great big tears of joy!! Watch yourself you will soon be like the rest of us working ones wondering when you will find time for your hobbys.

Lynette,

I am so happy for you! The job sounds great for you and a miniaturist. And the money never hurts either! I think it is good that you will not sit all day but have some light exercise - it will make you feel better. Good luck.

Alyce

Good on you! Your life just keeps getting better and better! How wonderful to be overwhelmed with the joy of normalcy - we take so much for granted, it's nice to have these things pointed out. I'm learning a lot from you. :)

That's very good news, Heidi!

Nutti - thinking of you - hope all is well. :nana: I know we won't hear from you everyday - I just want you to know that you are still "here" even when you're not. :) Oh, you know what I mean.

I am so happy for you Nutti! And also, thankyou for sharing your journey with us. You are proof that the little things most of us take for granted are very precious. I try to remind myself of that every day.

Lynette,

You have been an inspiration to me. Who would have known that I would have gotten off the couch and started walking again?..NEVER!

The weight started to creep up and I was getting depressed about it. But your life changes made me think that I could do this too. I could change my destiny. I have a loooonnngg way to go but every time I walk a step or lose a pound, a lil part of it is to your courage and determination!

Hey..maybe we can get matching itsy bitsy teeny weeny lil polka dot bikinis!!

Hey..maybe we can get matching itsy bitsy teeny weeny lil polka dot bikinis!!

hmmmmm you have mentioned this a couple of times...LOL

I havent worn a 2 peice since 1978 when I was 14...it is not a goal...ROFL NO WAY!

but I support you in YOUR efforts to get in one!

however I did spot thew CUTEST one peice that I let myself daydream about. I am eager to see what the summer will bring!

so this is an update on my week.

the job!

OMGOSH! I cannot believe they hired someone off the street to do this job!

my friend who told me to apply told me that most of the jobs were sit at one station and make one part all day! He LIED! I mean there are jobs like that...just not many...and my job is the most important in the whole department....WTH!! :yikes:

its my job to take the"kits" I get from the stockroom and count all of the parts to make sure all is there and send the flat to the next section...oh which happens to be ME to etch the ID# on the casings and then on to the rest of the dept. depending on which cable are worked on I may need to torque the casings or spiral wrap the cables and while all this is going on I have to keep up with the packaging of these cables before I take them to shipping. which is a long walk down the hall and up a pretty steep ramp but sometimes the shipping gal will come collect the stuff.so I am the beginning and end person with stuff to do in the middle..an "assembler 5" is my official title

now if the work itself wasnt challenging to learn and do I also have to learn paperwork

there are notebooks...close to 50 in the dept...each notebook is for the different customers and are broke down into sections of each individual cables made for the customer...each section is filled with proper procedures and has to be open at your workstation while doing anything with the cable

these notebooks are all over the dept. at any given time. I must write down everything on my timecard including our 15 mins of stretching in the morning.

so as you can imagine I am very busy and active! just like I need to be! I need to go weigh with all this activity I know I have lost!

now the first 3 days were great...I love the job! on the 3rd day I dumped on the same lunch item from home that I have eaten before but it wasnt very long bout 20-30 mins...I was watching her do the shrink wrap sleeves ....OOOHHH yes I do this also to all the cables...yanno the plastic sleeves around the head of industrial cables? they are shrank on with a HOT blow gun. that is a FUN job!

but on Thursday I woke up with my chest hurting and fever...cant call in on the first week so I spent the last 2 days in misery and today I am off to the ER for a UTI I have been fighting for the last week also.

Everyone is super friendly and very helpful....I dont know if Im cut out for 5 days a week work though....I have never done full time work before...only part time...so its all very overwhelming.

but Im going back on Monday and do it again.

I havent posted but I have come in and read as much of your postings as I can before my eyes start drooping!

of course I get off at 3:30 and havent been home before 6pm most of the week due to the kids moving...AGAIN! and other stuff to do!

if I wasnt feeling so sick I would feel so good! so many positive things going on in my world right now....and its all because of MINIATURES and wanting to build myself a DOLLHOUSE!

and its TRUE!

in 2003 my oldest was graduating from HS I weighed over 500 pounds and didnt leave my house unless forced to...one day in my virtual chatroom I was talking to one of my firends and I clicked on her URL and it was all about her dollhouse she built her self...what a concept!

I decided than and there I too would build myself and my daughter a dollhouse....so I went on E-bay and found my 1/2 scale Victorianna....of course I had no idea there were dif scales so imagine my suprise when the very small box arrived??? :D

I found Emily(FOV) Orchid build online and than I followed Tracy's links to the older Greenleaf forum and met Linda and Holly on the DHM forum...SOOO much help while I was building my 2nd house the Willowcrest. and I was HOOKED! building dollhouses gave me such a rush of accomplishment I hadnt found in any of the things I had done online...which at the time was my only outlet and socialization! and than I found out about shows and classes and I could only dream of those things....but than one day my dreams became a reality with my Rik Peirce class and the Tom Bishop show! and I can only look forward now. and I amaze myself at all the changes I have made since that time in my life where I was stuck in my house.

this job will allow me to do some of those things I could only dream about before....

2 weeks paid vacation at one yr...and it can be taken in small increments. watch out mini world Nutti is going to be able to go to MORE shows!

and the next time yall plan a Greenleaf trip guess who will be the first to put her name down???

Life is good and the future is Bright! ;) :D:banana:

and all because of Miniatures and Greenleaf!

nutti :wave:

...so many positive things going on in my world right now....and its all because of MINIATURES and wanting to build myself a DOLLHOUSE! and its TRUE!...I amaze myself at all the changes I have made since that time in my life where I was stuck in my house....2 weeks paid vacation at one yr...and it can be taken in small increments. watch out mini world Nutti is going to be able to go to MORE shows!

and the next time yall plan a Greenleaf trip guess who will be the first to put her name down???

Life is good and the future is Bright! :D ;) :D

and all because of Miniatures and Greenleaf!

nutti :banana:

You're going to have to take some of that time in a bigger chunk and come see me! Leave Dean at the beach and you can stay in the "guest house" and play minis for a couple of days!