WLS

nuttiwebgal

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Actually the paintings of Adam & Eve always bothered me that they had belly buttons...

I figure that's where God stuck them to a large dowel whilst modeling them. :nana:

Well Im home....and it went pretty much like I knew it would...but I still had a good cry on the way home...lol good thing that ride is an hour ...took me that long to get off my pity party

Medically NOT necessary...medicare will not pay so I do not get it done.

and that is that.

thanks for all the good thoughts today.

nutti :hug:

That is truly a big load of BS for sure, you want me to come over and kick someone's butt just to get it out of the system???

I know that somehow, somewhere, sometime this too will be overcome!

Lots and lots of hugs coming your way!

Dag nabbit! But Medicare will pay for fixing your back when the abdominal excesses wreak havoc with your spinal column?

Ridiculous! :hug: Here's to the powers that be: :groucho:

Lynette, I'm so sorry. :dog:

Is there any kind of organization that you can appeal to? Any champions of the cause - you know, medical people who realise why this DOES need to be done, and can make it happen? I don't mean to be stupid about this - I'm sure you've exhausted every avenue available to you - that you know of. Maybe some lawyer could help?

I can't believe there isn't some way you can get the help you need. :lol:

AWWE you guys!! :p

Like I said it took an hour to get off the pity party but I am better than that...this is my pep talk....girl get yer crap together...you have lost 257lbs...why you crying!! your not dying...got a good job...kids all in the US and hanging out together....this NO just means the timing is not right.

nobody knows better than I that when one door closes another will open.

so I go back to my original plan and finish setting up my exercise room. all my equipment is in there but so is alot of other stuff....so my next 2 days off I am cleaning and working on some sort of routine and start getting serious about toning...I will take care with the tummy but I will start toning my arms now also. and a bike ride is in order this 2 days off...though it is chilly the sun is sooo bright and wonderful!

I have so much joy in my life that after the initial disappointment Im really ok now...weird HUH?

so ANNA plzz come see us but I dont want to bail you out of jail so NO butt kicking!

something else will come up when its suppose to...I waited 4 yrs for the door to open for my WLS. so onward we go! :ohyeah: :lol:

nutti :dog:

Ok Nutti, I would sure love to come over and if you say so I will leave the heavy work boot home then...

HUGS and you hang in there sweetie and as you said, one door is sort of closing and another one is opening!

Maybe Heidi can do some surfing to find a program that will work for you. I know a lot of people donate their surplus skin to graft banks, maybe there's something available that way!

Maybe Heidi can do some surfing to find a program that will work for you. I know a lot of people donate their surplus skin to graft banks, maybe there's something available that way!

Id go for that...especially the arms!

I could really help someone with all the excess skin!

also have the e-mail of "Big Medicine "producer

so yes I am looking into ANY other ways to have some of this skin removed.

nutti :)

I was going to suggest Big Medicine.

Do you get rashes underneath the skin? I remember watching something that said that if you get recurring infections underneath the fold, it is an accepted by most insurances because it could become a health threat to you.

When I get back from Dr Wet Noodle (the neuro) this morning, I will let my finger do some walking. Okay?

Tell me, what is the exact name of the procedure that you want to have done? It will make it easier in the search.

I was going to suggest Big Medicine.

Do you get rashes underneath the skin? I remember watching something that said that if you get recurring infections underneath the fold, it is an accepted by most insurances because it could become a health threat to you.

Tell me, what is the exact name of the procedure that you want to have done? It will make it easier in the search.

Heidi, I think Lynette is working or asleep. In any event, I can tell you that she is blessed (?) with beautiful skin that does not get rashes. If she could generate a rash, this would kick the need for surgery into a different mode entirely.

The operation is a pannilectomy. It removes the pannis, or hanging pouch on a woman's abdomen above the navel and below the breasts. Something like the equivalent of an empty beer belly.

The Musuloskeletal Transplant Foundation is the group that coordinates the donation of excess skin. The surgeon collectes the skin during the operation and transfers it to the foundation. It doesn't cost the patient anything to be a donor, but the foundation does not pay for the skin or any part of the surgery. That's on the patient. So it still boils down to finding some way to get the surgery paid for.

I know that this is not thru insurance but so far I have found that most insurance companies will only cover it if you fall under 3 criteria:

1. Weight loss of over 100 lbs and that weight loss has to be maintained for a year.

2. There is a measurement criteria for the overhang but I could not find exact measurements

3. A history of sores and/or infection at the overhang site.

I found this Faq page about skin donation.

I will keep looking.

Lynette,

I read a really LONG and Boring 3 page thing all about your state`s medicaid program in terms of things that are denied and if you qualify to have them reverse it.

Unless it is going to improve your life, as in terminal, they are not going to pay for it. I have not found anything that provides no cost. There is actually a site that says you can go to India for the surgery at low cost..but you have to pay for your airfare, hotel stay, etc.

I would give Big Medicine a try. I will cross finger and toes for you!

tyty Heidi!

so sweet of you to do all the research...

I am maintaining at a 257lb weightloss...perhaps in a few more days I will have something exciting to report...

the tummy hangs almost 6 inches and the arms are almost a 6 inch hang...

but alas...no rashes for me. I am glad about this because the ONE time I had a rash was right after my WLS and it was from the antibiotics...I have great skin...always have..no zits in adolescents and no rashes now....

really Im just letting it go for now...I feel SO good and have sooo much going on I cannot even handle the idea of another recovery. I am looking forward to the summer in my pool...going shopping for a new suit in the next few weeks...all of mine are strechted out 3 and 4x....Im looking to buy a 16 or (gulp) 14...did I just type the size 14...for ME!

who would have thunk it???

now I have to go to bed...coz Im back to work tomorrow...wish I could have said I did something on my 2 days off...but the Wedding cake is DONE!

nutti :)

• 2 months later...

:) ;) Happy Surgeversery to MEEEEEEE!! :p:cheer: :lol:

yup 2 yrs ago on June 27th 2007

I was sitting here scared and excited about the adventure that WLS was about to give me.

I worried I would die before I could get help and than when help was on its way I worried I had gone to far and pushed my body to much for it to come back and be healthy.

but Im sitting here today feeling better than I have in about 15 -20 yrs.

I went swimming yesterday not once not twice but 3 times. and hooped...today Im sooo sore but Im soo thankful for that...I am sore from too much exersize and I feel GOOD!

When I weighed over 500lbs the simplest of lifes daily chores were a challenge to me.

going out shopping(for groceries)was a carefully planned excursion.

you could NOT call me and say hey ya wanna go/come...coz I could not.when you weigh over 500lbs and are poor you have a select few/2 or maybe just one outfit you can wear out in public...those items dont get worn everyday but they still have to be washed and then there is taking a shower...if I were going someplace one day I showered the day before or EARLY in the day so I could rest for the why I needed the shower.

even brushing your teeth can be challenging....need 2 cups if you have to sit on the potty to do this....all this to get out of the house.

I never went anywhere alone...my balance issues as I got bigger got more pronounced and what if i had a flat tire or ran out of gas??...no walking for help here and who would stop??

when I got my disability I got a wheel chair...I made it to the mall and Hobby Lobby a few times but it is REALLY embarrasing to be pushed around by a little girl...and not fair to the pushers so I tried to avoid those situations

I did NOT go visiting for fear I would get find myself without a sturdy chair to sit in. or one I could get out of.

today as I ran around town...visiting with friends and running my errands I found myself thinking about that time in my life.

I have not gone under that magical 200lb mark...I dont know if I will....I would like to think I will but if not im happy....HAPPY

I remember thinking I was sooo fat and gross when I was this size in my teens....guess what? Im not...well ok with all the skin I am but I can live with it!!

!!!LIVE!!!

I want so bad to go to an amusement park and ride the rollar coaster!!

coz I CAN!

I do want to say...if you are someone thinking about WLS and reading this....

ITS NOT EASY!

I dont eat the kinds of foods I used to eat...gave them up...MISS them...sometimes

I can cheat...I can eat sugar...so if I want to be fat again all I have to do is go back to my original ways....cant eat the quantity but I sure can eat the calories...

The surgery is a TOOL

you have to use it and obey the rules....complications are VERY common and CAN be life threatning! I like to think Im doing all the right things and there is my sucess but really after all I have read,heard, I think Im just one of the lucky ones.

Lucky to have found my way through the darkness of depression..

Lucky to have found such amazing support...at home and online...YOU CANNOT DO THIS ALONE!!!

Lucky to have had few health complications....HATE ALL THE EXCESS SKIN!

Lucky to have found medical support and help just when I had given up hope.

Lucky to be LIVING my life and not just getting through it!

Im working alot of hours these days...still looking to make a move to Florida...we are in a wait and see mode.

Dean has started where I work so we can work togther....WE are enjoying the new life WLS has given to us and our future is uncertain....now that we dont have to stay here...why should we??

We are currently looking into a mobile/motor home to downsize into and than store the rest of our life until we decide where we will stay again....but its not here for much longer.

My BFF who lives in Pensacola just moved into a 5 bedroom house and has invited us to come live with her family til we get settled...so Im not sure where life is taking me but im sure glad Im still here for the ride and I hope I can look back someday and say I have No regrets...But I always will...the regret I gave so many years to depression and FOOD!

I thank all of you for your caring and sharing this journey with me.

I do miss not being here in my hovel...I miss my friends and I miss thinking planning,building,breathing and talking miniatures.

I started making plans as to where all my lovelies will go and how does one plan for long periods in a storage unit???

I do NOT want to sell one kit!! I dont have many left and I KNOW I have more builds in me!

the great Willowcrest/Beacon Hill bash must happen....but not now and I dont know when.

maybe when Im closer to Holly she will kick my butt into gear...LOL...better not give her any ideas!!

so as I close this book...I am also closing this chapter....

WLS and me....a wild ride with no regrets.

Blessings to all of you who have shared this with me in your hearts and with your words.

you have given me more blessing than I ever knew one person could recieve!

I never really trusted the goodness of humanity....but here with all of our differences we come together and we care...we touch each others lives and make a difference with our words.

as I start the next part of my journey I will find myself away from here more and more...but you will always know Ill be checking in with yall and chiming in...but this thread is ending with this post.

I posted new pictures...Im wearing my Hubby's Schwagstock shirt....mine is TOO big :(

Have a great day!! and tomorrow yall take a moment to smile for me...coz Ill be wearing a great big grin form ear to ear...hmmmm I do that alot.

love you guys!!

nutti :wave:

still looking to make a move to Florida...we are in a wait and see mode.
Please take your friend up on her offer. Martha Lyle lives in Pace, which is a really nice little town between P'cola & Milton, one of our favorite places to come play, and with you closer I'll have a better excuse to come over to play minis with Martha!
maybe when Im closer to Holly she will kick my butt into gear...LOL...better not give her any ideas!!
You're starting to sound like Peggi, and it's not fair, I have never sullied my foot on anyone's posterior!

Sorry to add another post, Nutti (you wanted to end this thread with your last post) - but I have to say that reading your news has made me so happy for you! I have nothing but admiration, love - yes, LOVE - and respect for all that you have done, and all that you are. I am happy for you, but a little sad for us ... our Nutti has so much going on now, minis have to take a back seat. That's okay - minis always wait for you - Life doesn't! Live your Life as your spirit has always wanted you to, all along the way. We're always going to be there on the sidelines, cheering you on! :)