Garfield noob questions

tp1

• 4 weeks later...

It took me 3 attempts on the first floor. I honestly think my local hobby lobby got a bad batch in. Ive bought enough wood floor to be able to easily spot "soft wood". I wish I had this knowledge beforehand. It would have saved me a lot money.

post-2278-1194792012_thumb.jpg

post-2278-1194792026_thumb.jpg

post-2278-1194792054_thumb.jpg

Edited by tp1

Your Garf is looking sooo good! Thank you for sharing your pics with us, one can never get to much eye candy :D !!!

Love the curio cabinets you have in there and the gazebo is stunning as well, keep sharing those pics please!

Hugs

tp, you are an excellent modeler. I am enthusiastic to see the finished house as I have one too and it is very motivational to see another's work on the same thing.

I have to ask what the stains are on the first floor walls. It looks dark brown/red. Is that paint or stain on the trim and do you apply it after it is installed?

tp, you are an excellent modeler. I am enthusiastic to see the finished house as I have one too and it is very motivational to see another's work on the same thing.

I have to ask what the stains are on the first floor walls. It looks dark brown/red. Is that paint or stain on the trim and do you apply it after it is installed?

Its brown stain. I've changed my vision of what the house will look like several times. Its kinda evolving on its own. lol

I am without words. All I can say is that I dont know how I missed following up on this thread. Youve made incredible progress.

Your house is amazing. Its made me fall in love with the Garf even more. I cant wait to get mines. Its huge! Its an incredible little mansion. I know that pictures never do these houses justice but Im awed with just these pictures so I can imagine what it would be like to have this house in front of me. My husband has been trying to convince me to get the Queen Anne 2 during the 50% off sale but I am even more convinced now that getting the Garf is the right thing to do. The house is so beautiful that it looks incredible even without any paint on it.

I love the gazebo on the top of the tower! I would LOVE to be able to do that to mines but I think Im too much of a coward to actually do it. Ive never kit bashed before. Was it difficult to do? What did you do for a door from the room to the gazebo?

Let me first come clean and state that I'm a 28 year old male :lol:

I cant really say what compels me to want to build a doll house. I per fur to think of it as a model house LOL

You have one very beautiful miniature house under construction I really like the modifications!

Back when my then husband now exhusband had a Singer Sewing store there was a male customer that bought his DMC embroidery floss there. He did beautiful cross stitching, mostly castles and dragons. A hobby is a hobby! All that matters is that it's enjoyable and relaxing. My dad was a bit stereotypically gender biased (then again he is 83 years of age and we all tend to be victims of our own eras) when I first started building miniatures houses but now he's as enthusiastic (well almost) as I am about it :wave: