11/03/05 Where Are You??

Minis On The Edge

Ok enough, I posted one of my graying fat self, and the monitor still works, so come on post yalls pictures it can't be any worse than mine. Plus we have the avantage of already meeting and forming our opinion of a person, which is great, opinions shouldn't be based on a person's outside appearance. It's how they are on the inside that counts.

I look like a bulldog in glasses

I love bulldogs :D

Peggi

While reading this post I got to wondering why it is that we want to see what others look like. Is it because we have some pre-conceived idea of how they should look? Or do we just want to see how right or wrong we might have been imagining what they looked like? Anyone with thoughts about that?

For me it's because I'm a visual person. It's like reading a book . . . I enjoy it, but I really like to be able to put a visual spin on it. That's why I like books that have been made into movies . . . I can actually visualize the people, the scenery, et cetera. I'm reading the Chronicles of Narnia right now and can't wait for the movie 'The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe' to come out!

As for seeing what people look like . . . I'm not really into "judging a book by its cover". :D

Well just have to say that I always invision everyone as a twenty something just like me. :blink: I don't know why I just do. It really throws me off when people talk about grandkids, noone here seems that old to me. :D (I have looked at the map a couple of times and can never remember what anyone looks like anyways so maybe I don't count. :D )

I just like to put a face with a name. I'm the same way at work, I've talked to some people for over 20 years on the phone and I'm always thrilled when I finally meet in person and can put a face with the name.

Funny story--a secretary that worked for us a number of years ago, talked frequently to one of our state contacts, she was always saying this man has got to be something special, sexy voice, well spoken, and good attitude. She went on to imagine him being tall, dark and handsome. We didn't tell her any different, but he finally showed up at the office and was she surprised. He is tall (but very thin), and dark (he's black), but handsome (well let's just say its good he was blessed with a great personality). The look on her face when we introduced them was priceless.

Peggi

This is rather embarassing, but back in my single days friends of mine hooked me up on a radio dating show (my male friend was the host). One (well quite a few actually) guy called me and we talked for hours! The best conversations ever. He said he looked like the blonde guy from Simon & Simon (you know, the cute one!) :D Well, I met him several weeks later and he looking NOTHING like the blonde guy. This guy was short, dark and well let's just say his hygiene could have used improvement! I could have taken the short and dark, but hygiene, sorry I can't compromise on that! We talked for about an hour and then I made some excuse to send him on his way. Needless to say my radio dating days were over!! :D

Life isn't a contest!!

Well, it's not just that. It's that I don't like how I look in photos, so posting photos means I have to be reminded of that, and it makes me cranky.

But I'm so non-visual with people, that with one of my close friends whom I email more than I see in person, it took me years to get a clear notion of what he actually LOOKS like. I'm still often a bit surprised. I have the coloring and general shape right, but some of the details still puzzle me.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
I tried to register, but it says 'captcha error'. What does that mean?

Hi There Sandra, I am not sure what that means. I know the map is still active and we had a new person sign on it on the 19th of April. Maybe you should try clearing the cookies on your computer and retry it again. Sometimes the cookies can cause issues when they conflict with other cooies being set on your computer.

• 1 month later...