11/03/05 Where Are You??

Minis On The Edge

• 5 months later...

Does anyone know of any free map pinning apps?  I love this idea and wish the frappr map was still available.  I googled and found mapfling and pinmaps (this one says you can add pins from a data file) which both say are free, but I don't know if multiple people would have access or if one person would have to keep up with the updating?

I'm from NE TN btw.  Anyone from my area or SW VA? :)

Sometimes when we visit DS#2 (in VA) we come home US11 through Bristol; last time we went that way we angled over towards NC through Asheville.  Net time I think I'd like to head on down through TN into AL.

• Like 1

There are lots of beautiful little towns in the Ashevile area - or around Boone NC if you ever stop on your travels!  My sister just moved to outside of Boone so we've been doing some exploring!  And of course TN is beautiful too!  I travel alot through Virginia, but the only time that I've been to Alabama was to go to the Space Museum when I was in school :)

We used to have a map but the feature apparently died.  Jessie, I live 'way south of the Space Museum.  We were on our way there coming home from our 50th anniversary camping trip in 2013, but saw a sign for Cathedral Caverns on our way and went there, instead.

• Like 1

Missouri here too.

Long time Air Force family, born into the Navy, and this is supposed to to be my final stop .... We will see, I've been here a few years and have been feeling the call to move again ....

Every time I figured that I'd be staying put in a place until I got carried out feet first, I'd find myself moving. Now, I just go with the flow. 

• 2 years later...

I'm from Gastonia NC. Just started making and decorating houses. I make most of my furniture and have built the house from plans. Just bought the Brookwood and can't wait to get started. Hoping to modify it a little, a modern beach house. Thank you for adding me to the forum.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 2/26/2015, 10:44:21, KathieB said:

Every time I figured that I'd be staying put in a place until I got carried out feet first, I'd find myself moving. Now, I just go with the flow. 

Well, after posting that I was in Missouri, we moved back to New Orleans ... and now I'm near Atlanta. :note::note: It's just the gypsy in my soul :note::note: 

• Like 1

Lived in Enid, OK, Spokane, WA, Savannah, GA, Staten Island, NY, Fairfax, VA, Plantation, FL, Ridgefield, CT, Port Chester, NY, Rochester, NY and finally settled in Parkland/Coral Springs and Vero Beach, FL.

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Jules Beth said:

Illinois. Northwest suburbs near Chicago.

I grew up in Park Ridge, attended Maine East HS when it was just plain old Maine Township. 

3 hours ago, Jules Beth said:

Illinois. Northwest suburbs near Chicago.

How convenient for the Spring miniature shows.  Are you anywhere near the Pyramid?  I understand that the family wants to rebuild it, since the recent fire destroyed it.

50 minutes ago, havanaholly said:

How convenient for the Spring miniature shows.  Are you anywhere near the Pyramid?  I understand that the family wants to rebuild it, since the recent fire destroyed it.

Wadsworth is far north of Chicago, nearer to Wisconsin state line, not really near Chicago suburbs