11/03/05 Where Are You??

Minis On The Edge

I'm in NorCal at the moment, but headed to SoCal near the end of the month... Will be gone for .... eh.. a few weeks :D but the boy will be here with the mutt.. Gotta leave someone here to watch the castle, yanno?

~morningstar~

I'm from eastern Washington. Does anyone know if the map feature still works? Please forgive me, I'm on my mobile and several pain meds so it's hard for me to search these things... ;-)

The map feature hasn't worked for a few years now, but it's still nice to know where folks are. Sorry you're suffering, but it'll be over soon.

• Like 1

A map would be fun. Oh well. I do love knowing where everyone is from. Spokane is a beautiful place, with some fantastic architecture and history. Most of the grand old homes were built during the silver mining boom in the mid to late 1800s. My parents instilled a love of Victorian architecture in me. We had an amazing architect in Spokane during that time: Kirtland Cutter. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kirtland_Cutter

I would love to have a dollhouse based on one of his designs!

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi, I haven't posted in a long time! Last time I did I was living in Texas, moved to South Carolina in October last year. Packing then unpacking all my minis has reignited my mini spark :D glad to be back!

Hi, I haven't posted in a long time! Last time I did I was living in Texas, moved to South Carolina in October last year. Packing then unpacking all my minis has reignited my mini spark :D glad to be back!

Welcome home. Have anything new to share? You know how much we love eye candy around here.

I haven't really worked on anything in a while, but I'm planning on doing the RGT build along and the SF when they start. I have done some exterior work on my Cape Cod, I'll have to upload a couple of pics...

... I'm planning on doing the RGT build along and the SF when they start. I have done some exterior work on my Cape Cod, I'll have to upload a couple of pics...

Great. I'll watch for them.

We are beginning to hear the rumblings of folks awaiting the SF. Fingers crossed it will be happening sometime soon. Happy Mini-ing until then.

The Dauphin was indeed the heir to the throne of France. It's been a fair few years since there has been one though.... :ohyeah:

In French, it is pronounced Daw=pheen. In Dauphin, it's Daw-fin (oh for phonetics!). Dauphin is by a lake, which was orginally named by French explorer Pierre LaVerondrye and yes, for the heir to the French throne.

Come summer, I can be found at Rainbow Beach on the shores of Lk Dauphin. Gotta love having a beach 10 minutes away.

It's now primarily a Ukranian community.

• Like 1

Thanx,Barbara! It's such fun to learn new things from those who live elsewhere and not just what we read online or in books! I forgot to include the local pronunciation,'daw-fin', but of course Holly already mentioned it. We also have a local port,Bayou La Batre,Alabama,which some of my more colorfully speaking relatives and friends pronounce 'Bah Luh' Batre. That one kills me! Still love my Southern roots! :D

wow never knew there were so many different French pronunciations for places.

I'm from the famous university city of Cambridge, England.

A lot of the differences have to do with the history of the French on this side of the world and where they originally came from. Even more interesting is the effect that immigration from varioous counties and countries within the British Isles over time had on US regional dialects; fortunately (or unfortunately) TV and mass media are slowly mushing US English into one basic language.

• Like 1

Tonight, I am going to a surprise b-day party for a friend's hubby. I freaked her out when she moved to Dauphin (we were neighbours) by asking her what part of Yorkshire was she from?

*and* I knew what Bonfire Night/Guy Fawkes Night was.

I admitted cheerfully to watching a whole lotta BBC as a kid and learning a lot of the accents that way.

• 2 weeks later...