8/24/07 Addiction

What thing about your hobby are you addicted too? I noticed that I have become quite fond of Jean Days mini kits (Clothing & books). they are so simple to make and look so realistic. I am hooked :) What are you addicted to in miniature?

Oh.... I am also addicted to viewing the screen at the bottom of the homepage showing gallery pictures :p:wave:

Let's see, my addictions include:

Foods

Flowers and plants

Furniture

In fact, I'm totally addicted to most things mini! So just add anything you are addicted to in my list and you will know what I am addicted to as well!

Wolfie

I can't say I'm addicted to any part of minis, I just like trying everything at least once. I do have my favorites but I like to change every so often. Ohhhh, I love reading miniature magazines over and over and over again!!

so far my addiction (and quite out of control too I might add :) ) seems to be in collecting houses.... Kits, partially finished kits, rehab houses, built house shells... doesn't seem to matter so long as it's a house! lol

I dont think I am really addicted to any one aspect of this either. I love houses. I love furniture. I love minis. Would I have to be sedated if they were all taken away from me?? Ummmm, No. I think. I guess. *sweat popping on forehead*

I could live without the houses and minis.. :p Really I can. :)

Reading about anything miniature. i get American Miniaturist in the mail and usually pick up the other 2 as soon as they are in the stores. Anyone read any books you would like to recommend? Otherwise decorating. I just get excited about anything mini.

my magazines!

I get 2 and they come on different days so on those days do not expect conversations with me until I have read it all the way through at least once.

this also includes the HBS catolog and my Name Gazette

as much as I enjoy doing myself I also enjoy reading about other collections or projects and maybe just maybe I can do it myself for my own mini world!

nutti :)

Let's see, my addictions include:

Foods

Flowers and plants

Furniture

In fact, I'm totally addicted to most things mini! So just add anything you are addicted to in my list and you will know what I am addicted to as well!

Wolfie

I think my addiction is not a particular thing but trying something new. I like the challenges. :)

I am addicted to all the different aspects of making miniatures, from idea to finished item.

Any and all above, and Heidi I am definitley sure I couldn't live without the minis!!! And I am as sure hubby wouldn't like me to do so either as I would be one grumpy.... :p

And I am also loving the pictures at the front page here as well, I can sit therr and hit reload once in a while just to be "invited" to another show and tell :gun2:

Hugs

I think the most addicted thing about miniatures is the smell of the wood. I just LOVE to open a box, either it be a house or a furniture kit, and just sit and take in the smell. I also enjoy looking at finished houses, Tracy is not the only one who likes the gallery pics on the main page, I could sit there for hours just hitting refresh to get new pics :p .

• 1 month later...

I am definitely and addict.. " God, grant me the serenity.."

For me.. When I found this website,, that's what triggered my addiction. Yup..Greenleaf . I can't get enough of this website.. morning, noon and night.

And I can't go anywhere without talking about minis. I was at the post office today,(looking for my package from Ernie), and a woman overheard me say "dollhouse" to my son. She says.. hey!! I've got some miniature stuff that was in my attic.. I'm getting rid of it. do you want it? My eyes bugged right out! I'm waiting for her call... "come on phone, ring will ya?

Every room in my house has in it something to do with miniatures. Mini printables all over my dining room table.. etc.

This is getting nuts!!!

Could be worse tho. I don't gamble or drink.. (anymore, hehe) This is my new vice.

and look what we get out of it! All these beautiful dollhouses!!

• 3 weeks later...

I'd have to say "collecting". I have an addiction to collecting dollhouses.

I have an addiction to building kits before others are finished (i do consider this an addiction, too long of an explanation to give, so i'll just stop there).

I have an addiction to collecting dollhouse furniture. I have boxes and boxes of mini's and furniture in the basement, more in the glass cabinet of my entertainment center, more in boxes in the family room.

I have an addiction to ebay. I keep looking and looking for stuff to buy, although i am broke now because i spent my grocery money on mini's.

It's really sad, i can't help myself.

• 1 year later...
I am definitely and addict.. " God, grant me the serenity.."

For me.. When I found this website,, that's what triggered my addiction. Yup..Greenleaf . I can't get enough of this website.. morning, noon and night.

And I can't go anywhere without talking about minis. I was at the post office today,(looking for my package from Ernie), and a woman overheard me say "dollhouse" to my son. She says.. hey!! I've got some miniature stuff that was in my attic.. I'm getting rid of it. do you want it? My eyes bugged right out! I'm waiting for her call... "come on phone, ring will ya?

Every room in my house has in it something to do with miniatures. Mini printables all over my dining room table.. etc.

This is getting nuts!!!

Could be worse tho. I don't gamble or drink.. (anymore, hehe) This is my new vice.

and look what we get out of it! All these beautiful dollhouses!!

I'd have to say that I am pretty much the same...and I always want more houses!

• 1 month later...

I'm also have a stron addiction :groucho: :whistle: Always thinking of what can I do.. new things for my DHs and whenever a see some little fabric, wondering what can I sew with it.

Meli

Mine seems to be musical instruments. I don't play any, but they fasinate me. Also tea sets. But I always seems to be thinking about my projects. I wake up thinking about what I want to do that day.

• 3 weeks later...

The serenity prayer doesn't work with minis. There's ALWAYS something to be changed!

Others might want to change our addiction...but I don't think they'll have much luck!

Oh, the part I'm addicted to...I would have to say when everything's painted/wallpapered and becomes a house instead of just pieces.

Terri