Printable Shingles

F4vrYoung

I don't know of a place to print shingles. I'm assuming however, that you'd like to make your own out of cardboard? If you were to cut out, a bunch of equal size rectangles, on cardstock, or heavy bristle board , and glue them in shingle manner, I see no reason, it wouldn't work. Remember to stagger them, and keep the same overlap. The size for rectangular shingles is 1 and 1/2 inch long by 3/4 inch wide. Hope this helps.

If this is for your Special House project, I think that you can make the proper shingles easily yourself.

I use either sandpaper or craft paper and cut a strip of the width for the scale (1 inch for 1"=1'; 1/2 inch for 1/2"=1'; and so forth on down the scale. (By the way, rarely will this come out even with the paper you are using. Don't throw away the scrapped strips) I take the strips several at a time and use paper clamps (paperclips will work but not as well) to hold them as I uss scissors to cut slices about 3/4 way thru. This is a time you can sit back, watch TV and cut shingle strips.

When you have enough, then you can start at the bottom of the roof. First, lay a strip of the discards from above (I told you not to throw them away) at the bottom of the roof. Next, run a line of glue just above them and one at the first line you should have drawn before this all started.