**Anything Goes Winter Contest**

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you find it.

I did! Not only that I used it. :lol:

Previously, I had done some printing on paper thin wood, but when I tried to stain the wood afterwards, it removed the print. Staining the wood prior to printing made a bit of a mess of which we will not speak.

Last night, I printed on some paperwood, sprayed it lightly with PreserveIt, let it dry and then stained it -- worked beautifully.

Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...

While waiting for the Buttercup's paint to dry, I decided I might be able to work up something wintery... I've got the piece I'm using as the "container", now I must sit and stare at it waiting for it to be wintery...

Better than watching paint dry. :blink:

I wish I had time to take part but man it seems lately that my weeks are more like days.
Do I ever know THAT feeling!

Winter in a Warmer climate

Having seen resin Santas in tropical shirts & with surfboards I'd say, Go for it!

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanted to let you all know the names of our Judges, some of you may be familiar with a couple of them because 1 own her own Forum Terri, The second one is the editor of Doll Magazine and the third one is a Moderator on several different miniature forums that I know of and has built a LOT of dollhouses too. Her name is Bobbi.

I asked all Three to register so that they could get acclimated with the forum here. So keep those pictures coming and Have a Wonderful Weekend & Safe Holiday You all! :)

Okay, I know there are still a few people who plan on joining the winter contest. I just want to remind everyone that they have until the 31st of this month to send me your entries (myminishop@yahoo.com).

Also please don't forget to vote on your favorite gallery entry. You might want to wait till all entries are in before you start voting for the forum favorite.

Thank you to all who are participating!

Hi There Sal, you vote for the forum favorite by clicking the button that says favorite and has a heart on it. It looks like this:

post-4-1135787346.gif

You can also rate each entry by clicking the rating scale that say rate it 1 - 5 (the 5 hearts means you like it more the 1 heart means less).

Hi Sal,

Just wanted to remind you and everyone that the deadline to enter is the 31st - so there may still be some last minute enteries to consider before voting for favorite - at least I'm hoping there will be more entries. The ones that are up look Fantastic!!! But the more the merrier :D

Also please don't forget to vote on your favorite gallery entry. You might want to wait till all entries are in before you start voting for the forum favorite.

Tracy, how long will we have to vote after the final entries are posted?

Deb

Tracy, how long will we have to vote after the final entries are posted?

Deb

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Same question here! :(

And shall we vote for all entries / pictures or just the ones we like most? Shall we only vote for A pics or can we vote for B or C pics too. Ohhh... am I allowed to vote at all? Cause I am a participant. I'm a little bit confused... Sorry! :D

One more question, since all these were uploaded by Tracy are we not supposed to know who made which one? Actually, it seems more fair to me since the only one I know who made it is mine. :( (I thought on that sentence for a while and it still don't make much sense to me. Arrgh) Are the participants allowed to vote?

oops....I'm sorry, that was two questions. :D

I think I will wait until the night of the 1st before I vote just to allow time for everything to be posted. (although I do have a favorite of the ones entered so far)

Take care my friends,

Doe

The 31st is the last date to enter and I will have all posted by the 1st. The judges should all have there votes in in about 1 week (Maybe more because they may want to discuss something). For the forum favorite, we can vote for the one favorite picture and we can rate the others.

Yes I uploaded them all so that for the forum favorite, it will be annonymous. The judges do know the names of all entries though. The Winners will be announced in a couple of weeks.

Yes I uploaded them all so that for the forum favorite, it will be annonymous. The judges do know the names of all entries though. The Winners will be announced in a couple of weeks.

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I think that is a very fair way to do it! But, I have a problem....I had a favorite picked out, but the last three entries knocked my socks off!! I'm not sure anymore...all the entries are soooo good! I agree with Linda...glad I'm not a judge, I would have a really hard time making up my mind.

;) :D

Up at the top of the picture on the right, where the buttons are for comments, etc, there's one that has a little heart and says "favorite".

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

When I clicked on the favourite box (with the little red heart) ... the photo was just transferred to my favourites. Does that mean my vote as favourite would also have been recorded? Thanks. Also, do we rate other pictures as well... or just vote for a favourite?

Susanne