The Traveler

MiniMadWoman

Well, it's getting to be that time so here's your chance to get in on what has become a lot of fun!!

Thumper will be heading out on her journey Friday, September 14th, her first stop being with Steve_in_PA who is kindly setting her up with labels, the rules, et cetera.

If you haven't already PMd me, now is the time to do it! PM me with your real name, screen name, email address and mailing address. You have until midnight Saturday, September 15th. Thumper will be heading out on Monday, September 17th from Steve's to her next host.

There will be a limit of 15 people, so get your name in early!

To date I have info for:

Jennifer (Ms. Mini)

Esther (Esther)

Susanne (Missymew)

Steve (Steve_in_PA)

Irene (IAK)

Glen (Glen) or rather Glen's daughter! :wave:

Donna (LaurentiaFletwick)

Anna (Anna)

Teresa (THmini2)

Those on the list but who need to PM me with their information are:

Jennifer (jeninky)

If your name is on the list and you would prefer to be removed, please PM me ASAP so that your spot may be filled by another.

If you would like more information on how the traveler works, please PM me and I'll be happy to answer your questions!

Thumper told me to tell you all that she is very anxious to hit the bunny trail and visit with you all! She's a little nervous about crossing the ocean, but I told her she'd be just fine! :welcome:

• Replies 297
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We started doing this over 3 years ago on another forum. Someone read a book about a photographer who hauled an old red couch all over the country & took pics of it in front of various famous sites. So, we decided to do this with a mini animal. The basic rules are.....

1/ Each host will keep Thumper for 3 days.

2/ Each host will fill out Thumper's journal.

3/ Each host will post when she arrives & departs.

4/ The box will be sent with a tracking number. the host will pay mailing costs.

5/ Each host may or not leave a token of Thumper's visit, that will stay with her until she gets home.

6/ Each host will send pics & text to Teresa to be posted on her web site.

7/ Each host will send Thumper to the next person on the list.

This is fun...so get your info to Teresa.

Steve

The details are sent, yay!!! Now to see what we migth be doing when she arrives here, hmm, it all depends on the weather though, it can be a bit chilly :welcome: now here so will see to that she gets somehting warm...

Hugs

What do you do when Thumper comes to visit???? All you have to do is to take photos of her with your minis, around your house, around your town, with your family, etc. Each day you can send a pic or 2 or 3 to Teresa & she will post them on Thumper's web site for all to read. Then after 3 days (or more if it's a holiday or weekend) send her off to her next destination. It's easy & fun !!!

I can't wait to hear about all of Thumper's adventures!! :wub:

Awe, Come on, Tracy, join us! I'm sure Thumper would love to stay in your Pierce...or any of your other mini houses :)

Thumper is so excited she's started packing her suitcase already . . . I'm getting empty nest syndrome! :wub:

Here's a picture of her with the 'list'! She's very adamant that I not forget anything!

post-267-1188576920_thumb.jpg

Awe, Come on, Tracy, join us! I'm sure Thumper would love to stay in your Pierce...or any of your other mini houses :monkeydance:

I would love too. Actually, I think my daughters would love it! But unfortunately, I can see myself messing up and not sending her on her way in time because the next tfour months are gonna be super busy for me. I'll have to wait until next time :flowers: But I can't wait to read about it.

Now, is Thumper a girl or a boy (Sarah my youngest wants to know) :flowers:

I know that Ray and I are really looking forward to Thumper coming to stay with us. Missymew hopes that Thumper likes cuddling. Missymew loves to cuddle and has the best purr.

We'll also stock up on carrots as soon as Thumper's on her way.

-Susanne

Now, is Thumper a girl or a boy (Sarah my youngest wants to know)

Tracy, you can tell Sarah that 'Thumper' is very much a girly girl! Her favorite color is pink and she absolutely adores chocolate!

We'll also stock up on carrots as soon as Thumper's on her way.

Carrots are good, Susanne, but she really does prefer chocolate . . . I know, I know, I indulge her . . . but what can i do? She takes after her mommy! :monkeydance:

I have advised Teresa that I am pulling out. With the flooding and pregnancy and all that goes with both, we are beyond busy when I am feeling well enough to do anything.

This winter will be unsettled at the very least and I do not want to hold anyone else up. Hopefully I will follow Thumper's travels while sitting like a queen on bedrest keeping the baby incubating to close to term! I will definitly be in need of the "entertainment" :monkeydance:

Steve, so far we have 9 confirmed hosts.

Jennifer (Ms. Mini)

Esther (Esther)

Susanne (Missymew)

Anna (Anna) - Sweden

Steve (Steve_in_PA)

Irene (IAK)

Glen (Glen) - New Zealand

Teresa (THmini2)

Jennifer (jeninky)

Donna (LaurentiaFletwick) is on the list, but she needs to confirm her details with me.

Only 7 days until Thumper hits the bunny trail!

• 2 weeks later...

Thumper is packed and ready to go on Friday! She has her blankie, her favorite book (The Secret Garden), some chocolate bars and of course her carrot! We just have to get to the bank this week for some spending money!

Here are a few pictures . . . her passport arrived in time, so she'll be able to fly to Sweden and New Zealand! :p

Passport and boarding pass in hand.

post-267-1189369986_thumb.jpg

Her new Heidi Ott travel trunk.

post-267-1189369998_thumb.jpg

Waiting on the postman!

post-267-1189370013_thumb.jpg

Where is she going first?

Well, she is leaving here and going to Steve's first. He will print up the mailing labels, rules, et cetera. From there we will get the 'list'. I'd like to see her go to Sweden and New Zealand first so she can make it back to Canada and the States before Christmas . . .

We are all ready for Thumper. Saturday is the last day to sign up...Right ?? I am thinking that she will go overseas first, so she is back for the holidays. Teresa, you can send me what info you have so far & I can start making labels & working on her schedule.

Steve