Lonely In Alaska

Cyn-AK

Hello everyone....

As you can see, I'm a *Newbie* to the forum....Not to dollhouses though.....

I've just spent some time looking around and trying to get *Comfy* and saw that there wasn't anyone from Alaska...That can't be good for making *Mini Buddies*.....

I've been Playing, Building, Remodeling, Bashing, and Re-Bashing dollhouses for about 15 years now.....Seems everytime I get a wonderful room all set up for just Houses.....Hubby thinks it's time to move......I fixed him this time....We bought a *Big* House !!....Now I have No Place to set things up.....I do have my eye on the shed in the back yard.....But.....It will take some *Bashing* to make it useable in the Winter here in Ak.....But I am determined!!

I look very forward to meeting you all and learning some new tricks...and refreshing some old ones too....

Thanks for allowing me to join....

Cyndy

Welcome to the forum!

so what kind of houses do you like to build?

do you have a collection? which house are thinking about building?

one thing is true about a place like this....it makes the whole world seem a little smaller.

Glad you found us!

nutti :)

Welcome, mostly we are all far apart in distance. I had a good miniature making friend for many years until he passed away but none since. I too wish I had a mini friend nearby, I've looked and even put a couple of adds on Craigslist. I have been given a couple of nice orphaned dollhouses by people who read them but still no one to spend time crafting with.

Hi Cyndy & welcome! Love to see some of your creations so do post some pics when you have a chance. It gets lonely here in WV too so consider us your buddies 'cause someone's always around here.

Hiya Cyndy!

Alaska..so cool..literally..hehehe

For a long time there was no on here from Connecticut and if they were, they werent talking. But now I am not alone. And surely you wont be alone for long.

Cant wait to see pictures of your houses.

Welcome :) from the other Connecticut peep. Honestly when you are connected here, it is like you are just down the street. This has got to be the friendlist place I've chatted in.

Have you always lived in Alaska? I'd like to see pictures if you can make us all an album to see.

Nice to meet you Dawn

Hiya Cyndy

I think I am the closest person to you geographically. I am in northern BC! It is funny, everyone thinks Alaska is sooooo cold all the time but I have a g/f there and she can grow a zone 5/6 garden while I am stuck with a zone2b!!! The ocean moderates much of AK.

Happy building and post a few more times and get some pics up. THere are real "eye candy hounds" here LOL

Thank You all so much for the wonderful welcomes.....

I had to use my notepad so I wouldn't forget everyones names and the questions you asked.....Lets see how I did....

Nutti...

so what kind of houses do you like to build?

do you have a collection? which house are thinking about building?

one thing is true about a place like this....it makes the whole world seem a little smaller.

Glad you found us!

I have built 2 thus far....One was a very Old Holly Hobbie house...Stood about 3' high.....It's been a very long time ago and the poor thing is gone now.....I used to drive a special needs school bus and my house sat in my living room window.....every after noon when we drove by....one of my students would giggle....point and laugh and BEG to play with it......She was wheel chair bound with CP....So for Christmas one year I gave it to her as a gift.....She was 10 then....Now she is 25 and she still has it!.....It made it all worth it !

I Reclaimed one from the trash a few years ago that someone seemed to be stumped with....I know it was a Greenleaf...But the name slips from me right now....I salvaged what I could and bashed the rest.....I still have it....But it's in need of some major repairs....(Move from Washington to Alabama to Alaska)......

I also have an old Confederate style house that stands about 3'H x 31/2Wx 2'D...It is also in pretty bad shape right now......I'm not sure if it really can be repairs....the wood is very warped.....I do have a special love for it....so I know someday it will get done.....

I have also build 4 I think.....very Small houses....I honestly can not tell you the size...as I found the patterns in some old Nutshell News books I have.....The patterns were for Full size houses.....1" Scale.....BUT.....I used tracing paper and traced the pieces right off the pages......Then with some altering....I built them....

I have also built one from the Original Sears Kit home Buleprints from my Grandparents first home....It is done in 1/2" scale......I painted it just like what I remember their house looking like when I was a kid...(so many years ago)

I have a Kitchen Shadow box also I made from an old wooden Dynomite Box....From when my Grandmother work in a Dyno Plant.....All the furniture pieces are things I made myself....All from Bass wood....

I think if I look very hard and deep....I may have some pictures on CD's someplace....I would love to show you all....

I would give anything to build the Garfield!!!!!....I have wanted to build it for years.....And as soon as I find me a space for a new Dollhouse Room......I will have one!!!!!!...........

Hi Cyndy & welcome! Love to see some of your creations so do post some pics when you have a chance. It gets lonely here in WV too so consider us your buddies 'cause someone's always around here. Charlene

Charlene....Thank You so Much.....I seem to already feel at home and can not wait to get to know you all better....

Aggiemae......Thank you also for the wonderful welcome......I don't think anyone can ever have to many friends!!!

HI and welcome! Alaska has always interested me. I have wanted to go there for a long time, Florida is just soooooo far away!

Melanie

Melanie......Alaska IS Beautiful!!!.......I was born and raised north of Seattle Washington so this does feel a lot like home.....My husband and I spent many years as Over The Road Truck Drivers and I have been to all the lower 48 states and many places in Canada.....Your right....Florida is a LLooooonnngggg Ways away....And very different.....Just think....Now you have a friend in Ak 40 miles north of Anchorage....So you will always have a place to stay!!!

I know I missed a couple names....But you are not forgotten...Thank you so much for the wonderful welcomes....I'm off to see if I can find some pictures.....

(((HUGZ)))

Cyndy

Hi Cyndy and welcome to the forum...Alaska??? Lucky you!! I hear it's beautiful...Anyways, don't be lonely, there are hundreds of wonderful people on this forum, so you now have mini friends!! Glad you found your way to this site!

Welcome Cyndy from NJ..quite a drive from Alaska...what is your next project to build? Alaska is a beautiful place. A friend of mine's son lives there and I've seen some awesome pictures!

Hello and welcome from sunny Florida!

I can't wait to see pictures of your dollhouses! You're going to love it here - everyone is so friendly and helpful!

The good thing about the internet is that no matter how far away you may be from others who share your hobby, the internet brings us all together so you feel like we're just around the corner.

Christine

hello, and welcome!

love the photos of your tiny creations, thanks for sharing. :p

wow, you've done some fascinating houses. i'll be looking forward to hearing more about you and your projects,

:p