Windows

tae510

tae510@charter.net

I am wanting to install the upgrade windows for the Fairfield. Of course the one's specified (5042) are costly. Is it possible to use the 5032 or 5003 (these are available on miniatures.com and also in there catalog).

Any and all suggestions are welcome, as I am having a hard time with this house. I have not been satisfied with my choice of colors or wallpaper and am in the process of redoing them along with other things.

If you could also e-mail me as I don't remember to get back here often.

tae510@charter.net

Thanks,

Tracy

I am sure that all of the "houseworks" brand of 1/2" scale windows fit the Fairfield. Where are your pictures? It's funny how we hate our own houses but once we see it through everyone else's eyes, we feel better and can step away from our own faults and see the REAL beauty!

Post some pictures and Welcome to our comunity Tracy! ;)

The 5032 windows will fit. The 5003 will be too narrow. You could still use them but you'd have to fill in gaps in the window holes with wood filler. Those also don't come with acrylic or interior trim, you'd either have to buy some or to use some from the kit windows.

On Miniatures.com's site they list the window size as well as the size of the opening it fits into. The ones that are "supposed" to go in the Fairfield (5042) fit into a 1 9/32"W x 2 25/32"H opening. So any window that fits into the same sized opening would work fine.