Hi Ho . . . Hi Ho . . .

MiniMadWoman

Brian and I finally received our 'Authorization for Employment' cards the other day and so I've made the decision to go back to work . . . hopefully just part time. I sent out some applications this week and already have an interview scheduled for Monday! YIKES! What do I wear . . . what do I say after 7 years of unemployment! I'M FREAKING OUT OVER HERE!! :blink:

It's all good . . . more money for mini's!! :D

Exciting news!!! I will be keeping you in my mind tomorrow then, and just stick to being you and you will be in the clear, ie if you want the job itself....

Hugs and fingers crossed!

Wishing you good luck, Teresa, dear. I used to HATE interviews, especially all the paperwork!

One of my favorite work stories was when I left Lionel Playworld to fo to work for the state at the state mental hospital near Jacksonville, FL and my boss was giving me an "exit" interview. I had started out with them more than a month before the store opened it, assembling fixtures and stocking shelves and training with the check-out equipment and survived the Christmas shopping season as one of only five "floor workers" they kept on after the holidays. Anyway, he informed me that based on my responses to the test battery I took when I was applying the corporate HQs "up north" had told him not to hire me because my test scores suggested I was dishonest & disloyal!

Lionel folded its corporate tents a couple of months after I'd left and the remaining employees scurried to go to work for the new, upstart toy store that opened nearby, Toys-R-Us.

What wonderful news Teresa!

Now, first, take a deep, cleansing breath...

now, stand in front of a mirror, look yourself in the eye and repeat after me...

I CAN DO THIS....I CAN DO THIS!!

Don't laugh, it works!! Don't worry about being nervous...most interviewers understand that the person being interviewed is nervous...just be yourself...You can also go on-line to monster jobs or career-builder...these sites have tips for acing interviews..Just be confident..remember, you are an intelligent woman who has so much to offer an employer and you will do well.

Good luck and I hope you get the job of your dreams!!

Congratulations Teresa! First off, what kind of job are you going for an interview? That will help you decide on how to dress. I've interviewed several folks in my time and I'm always more impressed with someone who looks me straight in the face to answer, who may show nervousness--but also can come across with confidance. If thejob is for a professional position--be prepared for such questions as What are your weaknesses? strengths? where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Ok this is probably more than you really meant to see.

Please let us know how it turns out.

Thanks everyone for your support and encouragement!

I'm an educated and experienced Medical Transcriptionist. I'm applying mostly for transcription positions, but this particular interview tomorrow is for a receptionist/medical assistant position in a 3 doctor podiatrist's office. It will entail administrative work along with taking x-rays and doing some physical therapy modalities. Very cool stuff! Thank goodness they will train. It's a part time position which will be excellent for getting back out after 7 years and the best part . . . it's only about 5 minutes from home!

Holly, exactly why I HATE tests! They really don't give the whole picture!

Good luck tomorrow. Just be yourself. Look them in the eye and make them believe that you are the best thing since sliced bread. Even if you don't get the job for some reason, take it as a learning experience. But with all of us rooting for you, how can it go wrong.

Teresa, you will do Wonderfully! You are so sweet & friendly that I am sure you will make a GREAT impression on the interviewer. When people meet you, your warm smile and cheerful personality draws people to you. Take a deep breath and have a sip of the Green Apple pucker :p and give it your best shot.

You'll be fine and we are ALL here sending well wishes your way ;)

Oh, sorry! I've been so engrossed with "Bijou" that I've totally forgotten about the interview.

Okay, so it was really weird! The guy just rattled on and on about the position, made me write a test and showed me around the place. He didn't even ask me any questions?!! Then he asks if I can come back for a personality test! I don't mind doing so, but after what I've been told about one of the physicians there by someone who used to work for him, I think I'm going to pass. Sounds like a real piece of work! Also, I wanted something part-time, which this kind of is, but I'd be working Monday 1-9 p.m. and Tuesday and Wednesday 8-5 p.m. Too many hours away from home.

Here's the other thing, now that we have Bijou in our lives, I've decided to find a job where I can work from home. There are many transcription companies in Madison that I can apply to, so I'm going to go that route. I'm very fortunate in that I don't HAVE to work. I'll keep trying until the right job comes along for me and my "family". LOL!!