11/12/05 Can't Live Without It

Minis On The Edge

ONE thing? Hmm. I have to have accessories lying around, whether it's a doiley on a table with a book on top or having a dog lying in the middle of a beautiffuly dressed bed, even with little people in it I want a lived-in look.

For me it's the little things. Oh wait, that doesn't narrow it down much does it. :) I'm like Holly.........it's the little touches and accessories that make it look like a real house. (Well, that and the woodwork. I have a serious fixation with lots of deep, glossy woodwork.) I think the end result I try for the most is that sensation of being able to step into a mini room and sit down in a chair to read a book, or pet the cat or tuck the scarf into the drawer and push it shut.

Deb

Bathrooms. Even shops must have restrooms as required by law.

If I ever get back to my half-scale Vermont Farmhouse, it has two bathrooms. I can't tell you how happy this makes me.

It occurs to me that the residents of my houses also always have pets -- usually, but not exclusively, cats.

This is going to sound really weird.. but my answer is - Chairs. Yea.. I know most houses have chairs.. but I have a thing about chairs - The very first thing I bought for my gypsy caravan (even before I started planning out it's size and dimensions) was a chair. Most of my settings seem to begin with a chair and once I have that - I know how I want the setting but if I don't find the perfect chair for my place.. I'm lost as to how to decorate it.

-David

!!!oh my WORD!!!

This is going to sound really weird.. but my answer is - Chairs. Yea.. I know most houses have chairs.. but I have a thing about chairs - The very first thing I bought for my gypsy caravan (even before I started planning out it's size and dimensions) was a chair. Most of my settings seem to begin with a chair and once I have that - I know how I want the setting but if I don't find the perfect chair for my place.. I'm lost as to how to decorate it.

-David

That could have come from my own lips.

I definatly have a real world chair thing.

no 2 chairs are alike and if they have no personality than they arent here.

and in my mini collection I like the unusual chair also.

I have a couple of TAS chairs and would love to own more!

a mini friend of mine has a carosel roombox with a chair and its setting in each box. now that I would love!!

that is so funny!

and I thought I was all alone.

nutti :)

Stairs. I hate it when the inhabitants can't get from one floor to the next. May not be as much of an issue in other scales (I have no clue), but stairs are often omitted in 144 (they take up sooooo much room).

I add them in. And yes, it's always a major PITA.

LOL Nutti! :p

I'm so glad *I'm* not alone!! :) My christmas house I did have a basic idea but once I got the chair the whole thing came together! (even though I'm still working on the exterior finish <grumble> :) ) And I've been wanting to do an Egyptian room box for a Long time.. no clue how to begin or what it should look like. I have the perfect chair for it now (thanks to Tracy's store site) And I know Exactly how the room box should look!! It's amazing how that one piece of furniture really seems to set the tone for what ever I'm doing.

Ah Nutti you made my day :lol:

<hugs>

-David

LOL Nutti! :o

I'm so glad *I'm* not alone!!  :o  My christmas house I did have a basic idea but once I got the chair the whole thing came together! (even though I'm still working on the exterior finish <grumble>  :D )  And I've been wanting to do an Egyptian room box for a Long time.. no clue how to begin or what it should look like. I have the perfect chair for it now (thanks to Tracy's store site) And I know Exactly how the room box should look!! It's amazing how that one piece of furniture really seems to set the tone for what ever I'm doing.

Ah Nutti you made my day :D

<hugs>

-David

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Oh chairs, I love 'em too! But then again I tend to hunt for those kittens/cats and rats as well and so far I have a little one living in all the scenes but one (it is my BIL's saloon but who knows what I might be able to sneak in there as for fur-lings LOL) but that might change since I need to open that box up for getting the bartender in place soon.

David, an Egyptian box as well as a Christmas one? Now that sounds like my "mini list" was well, I have some really lovley Egyptian minis awaiting me, sitting there on the worktable just chattering away at me telling me they want a palce of their own LOL

So perhaps I need to make the haunted house a basement where the Hercule Poirot inspired fellow can have his archeology lair, hmmm, now you say you found an Egyptian chair as well at Tracey's ebay store, oh now that would be great!

And speaking of Egyptian things, I have a pair of brass sfinx kind of things (in lack of the correct word but an send you a picture of them as soon as I get my digital camera back from its "doctor's" apointement), they are that I could send you David if you would like to have them?

All the best

...So perhaps I need to make the haunted house a basement where the Hercule Poirot inspired fellow can have his archeology lair, hmmm, now you say you found an Egyptian chair as well at Tracey's ebay store, oh now that would be great!

And speaking of Egyptian things, I have a pair of brass sfinx kind of things (in lack of the correct word but an send you a picture of them as soon as I get my digital camera back from its "doctor's" apointement), they are  that I could send you David if you would like to have them?

All the best

<{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Anna - that archeology lair sound like it will be a great room! And the sphinx-like things sound intriguing! Hope you get your camera back soon so I can see them :D They sound awesome!

-David

Well I (Darrell) agree with shakey. I want it to look REAL. I will spend hours and hours on one piece of furnitue and if I take a picture of it in it's setting and it LOOKS LIKE a miniature I'm not happy. I get such a kick out of sending someone a picture of something we've made and having them believe it's a full sized item or room. One of our friends was surprised when we asked her if she liked the dollhouse pictures we sent her, and she said, "that was a dollhouse?" I thought it was your guest room or something". Then I know I did it right. LOL!

Now Melissa likes petit point. She puts something she stitched in almost every single project.

That said about what WE simply MUST have we also have to agree with all of the other things. A garbage can should have trash in it. Childrens rooms should be messy. Pets happen too. Desks need pencils and books and such on them. There has to be stuff "happening". And of course I'm Darrell so there is always a good reason to have lights. LOL!

Darrell and Melissa