Hello, I'm new too!

MichelleG

Hello everyone!

My name is Michelle and I'm from Marthas Vineyard Island, Massachusetts.

I bought the "Tennyson" dollhouse about 13 yrs ago, but never started it. I set up a table, bought supplies, and got ready to go to work, but even after reading the instructions, and it says, "Don't Panic",, well, I got a bit overwhelmed and panicked. I also had a 1 yr old at the time and couldn't seem to find quality "me time" to work on it so I put it away until for another time.

13 yrs later, and after moving a few times and toting the box around with me, I finally have the time and space to start my dollhouse! And living on an island, having a hobby in the winter time is a must!

I now also have the internet so I googled up dollhouses and miniatures and found the Greenleaf website. Jackpot!! I'm so excited! All you other people sharing tips and photos of your dollhouses and projects, I was up until 2 am the other night reading all the postings in the forum.

The Tennyson dollhouse has been discontinued from what I gather, but I read a posting from someone who had built it and had photos. It was very helpful.

I look forward to being being a member and sharing my progress with you all and getting tips from you as well. I'll need all the encouragement I can get!

Michelle

Hello Michelle and welcome to our forum! I'm also from Massachusetts, but now I live in Montana. My son lives in Hyannis and my daughter lives in Mashpee. I used to live in Westminster before moving out to California and then to Montana.

You will love this forum and get lots of good help!

Wolfie

Hi Michelle and welcome to the forum, it is indeed a site for inspiration!

I'm going to be building a Tennyson next, my Harrison is still taking up space on my work table, she is a show off and doesn't want to be carted off to another part of the house!

Hi Lynn and thanks!

Yes, I will post photos as soon as I can.. when I can show some progress.. I haven't even begun yet.. the cover is off the box and I've read the directions. Now if I can tear myself away from this computer long enough. lol

Victoria's Farmhouse, is that a Greenleaf as well? I've seen so many beautiful dollhouses I'd like to get. One at a time. lol Let's see how long this takes me first.

Michelle

Thankyou Hallowell and Songbird.

The Tennyson, I thought was discontinued. I didn't see it on the Greenleaf website and thought I had a left over from when I bought it yrs ago.

I'm still not familiar enough on this forum to get around.. it will take some time. Gee, wish we had a chatroom to all talk in real time. That would be great!!

Michelle

Hi and welcome Michelle!!! :) You will love it here. Be sure to post pic's of your Tennyson as you progress...eye candy is so important to us :p

Get ready for some real "talking" from your Tennyson.....it sounds like it's been waiting a long time to crack free of it's box and send out it's message!!! :)

Good luck and happy building!!!

Chris

Hi and welcome to the neighborhood. You will find that although we live in a large world, it becomes a small world on these pages. (Yes, pun intended). This site is a wonderful place to come together to share our ideas, thoughts, problems and accomplishments. You will not find any other group out there that will Ohh and Ahh as much as we do. Definate eye candy addicts! It's a great thing! (Sorry Martha, but great IS better than good). Looking forward to seeing pics of your Tenny.

Hi and :), Michelle!! I also live in Massachusetts, but on the North Shore. I spend several summers visiting my sister in Martha's Vineyard back when she was in college and my parents and grandmother live in Orleans, so I'm on the Cape a bit.

Remember this time when you start, read the instructions and then just dig in. If you get stuck, post your question here and you will have an answer pretty quickly. Enjoy it!!

:)

Now, I'm wondering if there is one particular forum room for discussion, or it's just which ever topic you see and reply to? "People come and go so quickly here! " .. Dorothy from the Wizard Of Oz.

Michelle

Welcome to the forum! It's not the Emerald City - but it is Greenleaf, and that's so much better!

There is a "General Mini Talk" area, where you can post anything to do with minis. For other talk, go to "Chit Chat".

Belated welcome, Michelle, and I hope you've begun your build. The FAQ may help.

Victoria's Farmhouse, is that a Greenleaf as well?
I believe that one's RGT (Real Good Toys). There's a forum to discuss kits by different manufactureres and I believe a few members have built or are building that one.

When you have made five posts you can open an album in the gallery for your pictures.

Thankyou for all the welcomes!!! and Thankyou for the tips!!

As soon as I'm done "foolin around here, getting ideas on color schemes, etc.., I'll start building and post some pics. I got caught up on the printable miniatures, like cereal boxes, a microwave I folded together, and even a miniature dollhouse kit box of my Tennyson! How fun! My 14 yr old son thinks I'm certifiable at this point! Hey.. it keeps me out of trouble don't it?? Ok.. see you all in the chit chat forum!

Thanks again,

Michelle