Biopsy Results

Tams

Well, I'm ready to either go back to September or jump forward to November! October sure isn't starting very well for me! (October has never been a good month for me, though!) The doctor called today with my biopsy results. I think I posted that they actually thought it was pre-cancerous cells that would revert back to normal. That's what the doctor told me the day of the biopsy. Well, the nurse called me today, telling me I have "mild cancer" (is there such a thing?) and that the doctor was recommending the freeze treatment that she discussed with me last week. Excuse me?? That was never even mentioned! So, I'm having this treatment done on the 12th at the clinic, then they will keep tabs on it to be sure they got it all. Definately not what I had wanted to hear! Shoot! Today's only the first! Can't even begin to imagine what the rest of the month will be like!

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh hon. i am so sorry to hear that. what a horrible way to start the month. i will keep you in my thoughts in the coming days and weeks. be sure to keep us posted on how you are doing.

Oh, Tams! I'm so sorry! I know how you feel! Shortly after my 40th birthday, I was diagnosed with breast cancer. I felt totally devastated!

I'm so glad there's an "easy" treatment for you. I'll be praying for everything to go well for you.

I'm so sorry, Tams. Have some {{{{{HUGS}}}}} from me - I will also be sending lots of positive thoughts and healing energy your way. Let's hope the month just goes up from here!

(I've never heard of "mild" cancer - or a freezing treatment. :D )

Will be thinking of you, sending positive strenght and energy your way!!!! I do hope that you will be able to diverse the thoughts and mini keep your mind of the worries!

Lots and lots of hugs!

Oh Tams, so sorry to hear this! My thoughts and prayers are with you. I'm a 12 year cancer survivor and I know how frightening it is when you hear those words believe me!

Take care and if you need me, just write!

Wolfie

Tams, My sister in law had that procedure done about 5 years ago and she has been doing well every since. I want you to be happy that they caught this while it is treatable. So, the flip side is the month started out great because they found a way to add years to your life honey. Sending Love & Hugs your way!!

Tams, I had a freezing procedure when I had an abnormal pap smear. It really wasn't a big deal, so I hope it is not for you either. They can however miss cells and have them resurface years later (which I think happened to me and so did my ob/gyn who then did a cone procedure to cut out the abnormal cells). I will keep you in my prayers. I hope it all goes well.