printable tin ceilings!!!

sunshines_minis

Rosalind, there's a link that shows the design tiled ... click on that for what could be an entire ceiling, depending on how you size it for your printer. ;)

When I was a little girl and used to visit my Auntie in way up northern Maine, she had not only a tin ceiling in my bedroom there, but also a tin roof. Boy when it rained what music got played on that tin roof! And your versions here are very similar and brought back some fond memories! Thank you!

Wolfie

I love tin ceilings, and tin roofs. I remember listening to the patter of the rain falling on the roof, and the nervewracking "plink" "plink" "plink" of the same rain leaking through the ceilings and into the assortment of pans around the room ;)

I'll have to defer looking at the printie until later....that silly thing called work gets in the way of so much fun.

Ok, so I'm a few minutes late.

I looked at the site and it's one I've visited many times when I think about a tin ceiling for my basement.

Howevah. Yesterday I was researching tin roofs and discovered that some tin roofs were covered in tin tiles, patterned tin tiles, that overlap and interlock just like the ceiling tiles do. I haven't a clue how to make itty bitty tin roofing tiles, but I sure did like the roof pictures I saw. I really think I'd like the tin tile roof look on the next mini-Arthur. [putting on thinking cap]

Wow, I love these tiles. Thanx

I just printed of a few and they printed at exactly one inch square. Perfect for scale one foot tiles and they look great. If you print off a bunch and cut them individually you could have a believable looking tin ceiling. Great find. :)

Thank you for another site to bookmark.

what is the best paper to use to print out the tile ceiling????

Photo paper?

I think when I try it I want to use regular copier paper & my ball stylus and my old mousepad and go over elements of each tile to attain some dimensionaity, and use a gloss sealer on it once it's in place.

Sunshine, what is the best paper to use to print out the tile ceiling????

Photo paper?

I recommend card stock. it holds up real nice. :) And if you use a ink jet spray it with a clear coat. I have a lazer so I won't bother with that because it will up on the ceiling.

Card stock paper,, oh good!! I have a huge ream of that, as I make my own greeting cards with Americangreetings.com.

Thanks for the tip and the site. Like I've said before,, where I live, we don't have any stores that sell dollhouse supplies. So the more DIY things I can get my hands on.. the better.. and cheaper!!

Thanks again Sunshine!!

Michelle

Oh..I"m gonna need more ink!!!

How did you print it out? I clicked on the picture on the right and it brought up a full screen (almost) size,,, but when I hit print.. it came out blank.. with a black frame around it.. what did I do wrong?

Hmmm... Hallowell? how'd you do it?

Havanaholly, That sounds like a great idea too!!

Michelle

How did you print it out?

I usually use the Save Image As... feature to save the image to a file on my computer. Then it's available whenever I want to print it out or if I want to make adjustments to it. To print, I usually open MS Word and insert the image into the blank document. You can size it there, too.

Card stock paper,, oh good!! I have a huge ream of that, as I make my own greeting cards with Americangreetings.com.

Thanks for the tip and the site. Like I've said before,, where I live, we don't have any stores that sell dollhouse supplies. So the more DIY things I can get my hands on.. the better.. and cheaper!!

Thanks again Sunshine!!

Michelle

Oh..I"m gonna need more ink!!!

I also live no where near a city. I love to figure out what I can print or make from scratch. I copy the pic to paint and then adjust the sizing (if needed) then print it. I also make sure to save it in my printi folder in case I need to print some more for touch up.I do have kids.LOL