printable tin ceilings!!!

sunshines_minis

That is the same web site I used to make tin ceilings. I used pattern 7 and 12. The simpler, the better for my method. Click the tile, then click to see "a tiling of this pattern". Right click, save as, and save it onto your computer. Then you can print the images.

I used the metal that comes in rolls at the craft store to emboss. There is a tin "color" metal. Using blue tape, I wrapped the edges to keep from getting cut. Then blue taped the pattern over the metal onto a piece of cardboard. Using a ball point pen (so you can tell where you've missed), I traced over the pattern. Remove the pattern and use a ball stylus (Or the little wooden stick that comes in the foil package) trace back over it, turn it over and outline your traces to make them stand out better.

I have thought about how to make a larger size, but haven't tried anything, yet.

I'd apply it with double sided tape and put wood trim over the raw edge, haven't tried that either.

I lost the photo in my computer crash, but have a copy in picturetrail. I sent it to this page:

http://tinyurl.com/yrk98x

If you choose one of the simple designs and after sealing go over some of the details with a stylus then rub in a slightly darker shade of the metal color or senna this give a nice effect. Cream works for white ceilings. If you want to try a stylus for more detail printing do it right onto heavy stationary that comes in gold, brass and silver colors. I got some at Paper Zone it is sold by the sheet. This take alot of time unless you choose patterns you ca follow with a ruler, but it will be "one of a kind" for yor very special rooms. It is not a nice as Nancy's ceiling which I am going to try! Brilliant idea! It is cheaper so a mistake that can not be fixed only costs 20 cents pule of course your time.

Also if you have powerpoint you can use it reduce or enlarge easily. This is great if you want a scene outside several windows too.

How did you print it out? I clicked on the picture on the right and it brought up a full screen (almost) size,,, but when I hit print.. it came out blank.. with a black frame around it.. what did I do wrong?

Hmmm... Hallowell? how'd you do it?

Havanaholly, That sounds like a great idea too!!

Michelle

Michelle, try right clicking the mouse (choose Print Preview to see it before Printing) and print from there.

It is not a nice as Nancy's ceiling which I am going to try! Brilliant idea! It is cheaper so a mistake that can not be fixed only costs 20 cents pule of course your time.

Thank you Aggie. One of the downfalls of the metal rolls is they aren't large enough for all room sizes. Today I saw some rolls of 1/4" metal tape that comes in aluminum. That might work, with the right pattern choice.

Post #7

Group: Gold Member

Member No.: 1,621

I love tin ceilings, and tin roofs. I remember listening to the patter of the rain falling on the roof, and the nervewracking "plink" "plink" "plink" of the same rain leaking through the ceilings and into the assortment of pans around the room

I used to think of that plink plink plink as music! In fact one company I worked at in San Jose had a very leaky roof. We all sat around with umbrellas over us and our computers! Hey it didn't rain much there, but when it did! LOL

Tin roofs are wonderful. In fact our present house has a metal roof - because of the fire hazards here. Sparks hitting the roof don't usually start a fire...... The metal really helps. It's a very pretty green color too!

Wolfie

• 11 years later...