I am victorious!

heidiiiii

I slapped her into submission. :ohyeah::wave:

It has been two weeks w/o a vacuum cleaner. I couldnt figure out why it wasnt working and it was bugging me to no end. I finally said this morning, One more try and then I will buy a new one. I fixed it!

Major clog in the system, I had vacuum cleaner parts spread out all over the carpet. I was worried I might have to replace the belt (would have to find a replacement) but Yippee!

Okay I know this is just a tale of a woman seizing back control over an appliance but I knew some of you would totally understand. A dirty carpet= a dissatisfied housecleaner.

Sometimes you have to do what you have to do Heidi, and that includes slapping the crap out of the vacuum. I know because I have to do it on a regular basis myself. My vacumm's holding chamber sometimes slides off and then dirt falls all over the floor. So I have to slap it back on hard, and then it runs without any problems until I have to empty the holding chamber.

Wolfie

We have an Orick here I like it because it is so light and it can suck up huge pieces of wood and not get jambed or plugged. In Israel I have a Kerby from 1962. Very heavy so I usually use a broom and sweeper. We do not have any carpet, just rugs, too many dogs! Both places I have a shop vac for wood work.

Dyson, it's the only way to go man.

Andrew, I would so love a Dyson but I am very leery of getting one. Fred is a vacuum cleaner serial killer. We have owned approx. 6 vaccums in 20 yrs of being together and he has been the culprit of their demise.

I couldnt fix them, they were terminal cases. If I spent the money on a Dyson and he got his hot lil hands on it, I would have to do something harsh to him.

My mom had an ancient hoover and just out of genetics or what, I was always able to fix them. If it becomes a major motor problem, then I am past my abilities.

Yes, I have become more green (Chelseas fault) but I also didnt want to have to buy number 7! LOL

We have a Dyson too and I love it! Best dog hair picker upper ever! But the cover is getting loose now with age like me I guess, and so it comes unhinged sometimes. Then I also become unhinged! I love the Dyson too, because with my old vacuum I continually had to do autopsys on the dang thing when it sucked up things it wasn't supposed to! Taking the bag out and then carrying it out on the deck to make the first cut from neck to bottom was delicate! then I would find my earring or some other such thing, and consider the operation a success then take the patient up again using duct tape and re inserting it into the body of the vacuum was a royal pain! I love my dyson as I can just empty it into a clean bucket and go through it then throw the stuff away and then start over again.

Wolfie

Dyson, it's the only way to go man.

I'm with you. Once you've got one of these you'll never look at any other. Mind you, so Ray tells me. I NEVER vacuum. I've only ever taken it out of the cupboard twice in my entire life. Don't like vacuuming at all. Ray was recovering from a serious car accident. I knew he liked a clean house ... that was 30 years ago. Growing up at home, I never vacuumed. My mum didn't believe in putting her kids to work. She felt that school was our priority. :drool: For some reason, I never disagreed with her.

Heidi, you amaze me at how you are adept at so many things.

-Susanne

Heidi, you amaze me at how you are adept at so many things.

-Susanne

*blush*

Fred said it would be amazing if i could fix major appliances too. If you gave me a crash course and a manual I probably could, but I am afraid of ending up with a permanent afro..(sorry Natalie.. :D )

You know how if your parents are musically inclined, you may be too?. Or painting? Or writing? Well, my Dad fixed stuff and ever since I can remember I have been able to take things apart and fix them. I should have taken heating/ac repair or plumbing or car repair in high school. It isnt something you see many women do, but I would have loved it.

Well Heidi, once upon a time my vacuum cleaner broke. So I fixed it--I ripped up the carpet. Poor Jimmy had to install hardwood flooring and spent all weekend doing it. The vacuum cleaner was never allowed to break again....

Well Heidi, once upon a time my vacuum cleaner broke. So I fixed it--I ripped up the carpet. Poor Jimmy had to install hardwood flooring and spent all weekend doing it. The vacuum cleaner was never allowed to break again....

WTG Linda!!

Your my hero Linda! :D

I know this sounds morbid so dont take it that way but when Tyson (our minpin) goes to the Rainbow bridge..I am getting hardwoods. His nickname is IPeeFreely.

Well, my Dad fixed stuff and ever since I can remember I have been able to take things apart and fix them. I should have taken heating/ac repair or plumbing or car repair in high school. It isnt something you see many women do, but I would have loved it.

Me too Heidi, I was lucky enough to get them genes too from my dad. :D I'm the "fixerupper" in my house. DH is not the handyest guy around but he tries.

Yep, I inherited my mechanical aptitude genes from my dad too.

I once had a boyfriend who went into a tizzy of insecurity because I installed a new faucet in my home. Which he was incapable of doing of course. LOL Good thing I didn't marry him

My father could do everything from survey land, build,electify,plumb,fix your car or diesel truck,repair TVs orjust about anything else.

Then to top that off,he was very musical,could play several instruments by ear and do beautiful lettering and artwork as well. He was very well read also!

9could play several instruments by ear