Update

lumberjacksgurl

Well I am now past the halfway mark(21 weeks)!!! YES!!

Some of you know this has been a vary difficult pregnancy so far. I have been incredibly ill despite high doses of medication. We had our first big scare a week and half ago . The docs thought the baby had Downs or worse, Trisomy 18. I had to fly to Vancouver (1000km away) to the provincial hospital for testing including amnio. Or positive results for these abnormalities were very high, high enough that they had me have a ultrasound just before I got on the plane to ensure the baby was still alive.

We had good and bad news from that visit....the first is that the baby is fine, no chromosonal abnormalities. The bad news is that I have a vasular problem and there is not going to be enough blood flow to meet the baby's demand on my placenta.. WE are getting ready for an arrival as soon as the 30 to 32 week mark.

This past weekend was Thanksgiving. I spent my turkey day in hospital as I had a severe flu which was triggering contractions. That is all fine again and I felt much better after a few liters of IV fluids and some meds to stop the casue of the dehydration.

This Sat I have to have emerg surgery as my portacath is malfunctioning. IT is the device I use as a "plug in" for IVs and blood work with a catheter to the top of my heart. THe concern is that the cateter will go into my heart and cause arrythmias for me and more distress for baby. I worry about having surgery while pregnant. I cannot have a general anesthesia and will have incisions across my right chest and up my neck in a couple of places if all goes well. If not, they will have to find another site using my belly possibly which freaks me right out!

So please if you could think a couple of good thoughts for us! We can use them all at this scary time!

Oh, Michelle ... what good news about the baby! It sounds as if you are in good medical hands ... and you can count on a torrent of prayers and good vibes coming your way ... blessings on you and the baby and the medical staff. Hang in there, girl ... you're not alone! :)

Michelle, prayers and good thoughts on the way for you and your new son! Congratulations! And good luck too!

I want to say more, but words escape me at this time. And that is not easy for old Wolfie!

Hugs,

Wolfie

Well it's about time you let us know what was going on. It's not like you were too busy after all - lounging around in bed all day. (hehe - ok, I'll stop) I am so happy to hear that all is going better now. Newt is very excited to be getting her boy and is preparing a baby room. (ok, so I didn't stop) Let us know how Vancouver goes tomorrow.

I am SO sorry that you have had all these stressful, worrying problems to deal with.

I wanted to reassure you that your little son will be just fine when all is said and done. One of my nephews was in the same situation, and although he was underweight when born, he soon caught up and has been very healthy ever since. (He's now 19.)

I'm sending you TONS of extra-positive, healing energy. I will be thinking of you - please let us know as soon as you can how it all goes. Do your best to relax.

:)

I am excited you are having a BOY!!!!! Just what Newt wanted!! hehehe

You know we love ya girl and have been praying for you and little squirt!!

Take it easy and don't go outside unless you have too!

You will need plenty of rest....

Michelle, I didn't realize there were problems. Glad to hear about the baby, what a scary and stressful time for you tho. I will keep you in my thoughts and hope that the rest of your pregnancy is uneventful even if they have to take the baby early to prevent problems.

Michelle, hang in there and good luck on Saturday. Like somebody else said here, you are not alone, we're all pulling for you and that little guy. So happy to hear the baby is okay. Will be thinking of you.

Im so glad all is going well....we cant help but worry when we are preggers but seems like you got some good news and how exciting about another BOY!

We found out we are having a Grandson in feb!

lots of positive vibes comming your way from Missouri!

nutti :D

Congratulations Michelle & Lynette, and 30 - 32 weeks with good NICU staff is not all that unusual & Baby Boy will do just fine with that good news to support. Wasn't the Izzinator also early? YOU, on the other hand, need to take care of yourself and let enough bloodflow get to that placenta to have a nice-sized little fritter! had to go on bedrest with both of mine, I got an awful lot of needlework done!

hey, nutti, congrats!! :p

and hey, michelle! i am so very, very glad that baby's results are good. i sure do wish life were being gentler to you, and i hope you are taking loads of rest (as Alex and Izzy permit that to happen).

re-siting the port mightn't be all bad, if that happens. could be easier to maintain ... but i hear ya.

so, i'm thinking that maybe the little guy and i can do two thanksgivings next year: one up Yonder with you, and then one here in NC, and you all can come visit us, OK? his room is coming along well and i'll keep you posted about how the pre-school applications are going.

sending all strong healing and hugging smile-y thoughts to you all,

:unsure:

Hey Newt don't forget you have to stop in Kentucky and pick me up and then we go to Jens....and then we head north to get Dee and then fly the friendly skies to see Mich.....now that would be a great trip...

Hi everyone!! Thanks for the support and well wishes!!!

I got through the surgery yesterday...I bawled through it as I could not have much in the way of drugs due to baby...but it is DONE!!! I have a six inch incision across the top of my chest, from armpit to edge of clavicle.

I will have to go back in after baby, to have more as I have a 95% blockage of my vena cava that needs to be repaired somehow. Not a spot a stent can be put in :S For now I have a working port and baby and I are safe now.

WE decided on his name yesterday.....actually Izzy did...baby boy Ben....Benjamin Daniel.

I will be reading plenty but reponding little as it hurts like heck and I can only type on handed.

Yay to everyone on all your accomplishments!!